• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • weeksy

I’m in but join isnt showing yet, not sure what timeout is on it

teamslug
    Free Member

I’m assuming I will diverted to start of ride if I start riding around now?

jimdubleyou

now…

anagallis_arvensis

**** knows!

Poopscoop

Sorry couldn’t make it. Had problems getting mums meds as the local chemist is totally overwhelmed.

Have a good one guys.👍

Edit: Yeah, I think you can join mid ride if you are little late.

doordonot
    Free Member

Apologies, couldn’t get back in time.

DrP

That was actually cracking fun!

Had to hop off to get the youngster some strawberries, then lost the group ride bit and got bored!

Good bants though!
    Saturday again???!

DrP

scaredypants

un disastre here – missed you lot as you set off, couldn’t find you & ended up closing down, restarting & following weeksy. 15 min later, phone call from work (sort of COVIDy) so I jump off to take it: “just wanted to say thanks for sorting that earlier”

Nice of them, but – Bah!!

Tiger6791

My internet borked at 5:25

Tried several times but Zwift wouldn’t then load kept hanging at the login

Ended up finding you lot but not part of group and on my iPhone but the screen was so small I couldn’t hold the group

Missed a turn and gave up ☹️

jimdubleyou

That was enjoyable…

First time I’d ridden not in “ERG” since I got the Kickr. Nice.

What I also learned is that Copping’s tempo is definitely not my tempo!

teamslug
    Free Member

Great fun , I’ll put messenger on next time!!!. So many riders. Never been on with 13,000 before. Enjoyed that. More please. Tried to grab some pics too. I’ll edit my name as well!! I was t. Which was supposed to be teamslug

anagallis_arvensis

Well I did it rode with Copping and Pidgeon for a bit but couldnt work out if others were ahead or behind or how to talk. Looked down to do a sweat wipe and they disappeared.

eskay

Enjoyed that, thanks weeksy for organising.

weeksy

Lol copping is a beast for sure, I’ve raced him a few times and been beaten by him. He was 400w all the way up Titans for a time 30s better than my best ever.

Tempo, Sheesh.

It got fruity at then end but my legs said now after riding for 9 days straight including lunchtime today with my boy.

I’ll set another up and try for a quieter route if that’s possible, but the virus thing means everyone is on Zwift

Jungle layout on MTB?

anagallis_arvensis

I thinking Copping was closing me down rapidly as it got to the end of the hour but I have no idea how he was behind me!! Even the bloody hill was hard!

ditch_jockey

Good fun – I ended up off the back trying to fight my way through a crowd of assorted Europeans, managed to latch on, upped my PR on Fuego Flats and up Titan’s Grove, upped my FTP and still couldn’t hang on at the back. Think I may have been the lanterne rouge!

Maybe next time we’ll have to form a grupetto for the ‘sprinters’ at the back.

Poopscoop

Bah, wish I’d made it, when is the next one?!😁

Alex

Got stuck on a call and then internet issues in the shed. Didn’t get on till 1833 and the invite had disappeared. Hope to make the next one…

weeksy

Sat 11:30 road to ruins.
    MTB only !!!

Invites sent, I’ll revisit in a day or two and re do it.

scaredypants

Need to find a team strip – presumably one that anyone can get but nobody wants to wear. Does the bumblebee fit that descrition ?

@teamslug
    – I saw you off the back at one point, looked like you were adrift so I dropped back and you came by like a **** tgv !!

anagallis_arvensis

How do i get a mtb?

scaredypants

alex I think I “followed” you at one point, trying to find the group but when I saw I was in NY I assumed I’d followed a stranger and ducked out (weeksy and his merry men/ladies were in watopia)

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

That was just the motivation to get me riding cheers Steve.
    I was typically 5 secs late couldn’t see the green blob so shot off to catch you. I was with the front 3 for 10 mins then just eased off to a non Stw group. By the time I realised the main group where just behind I just kept the same pace as I’ve had bad experiences in the past with easing off and then getting dropped. So many people on right now it’s practically impossible not to find a wheel.

oopnorth
    Free Member

It wasn’t my night for zwift…just before we set off and I was sat with you all on the side of the road I got a works skype call, which I had to answer…40 minutes later I jumped back on but couldn’t join you (how do you do that mid ride??)

So I did the route anyway on my own and got a couple of PR’s on the flats…then Zwift borked as it was saving..I think everything was lost! Bahh!

EDIT – Oh no, it saved ok 🙂

I’ll join the next one if possible.

scaredypants

anagallis: menu -> garage -> frames

anagallis_arvensis

Cheers

mossimus
    Free Member

Tempo, who mentioned tempo, I was balls out up titans Grove, thought P Bayles was catching me at one point.

Yes, picking matching kit would be a good idea for next one. Start was very confusing as we seemed to be caught up in a big group.

Poopscoop

Sat 11:30 road to ruins.
    MTB only !!!

Not sue I can make that. This is obviously going to be regular though so I’ll see you guys on there soon!👍

Road to ruins….. you evil bloke Weeksy.😁

Poopscoop

Tiger6791
    Subscriber
    My internet borked at 5:25

Tried several times but Zwift wouldn’t then load kept hanging at the login

On Windows mate?

Poopscoop

Someone mentioned about riding kit?

I usually ride in bumblebee as it’s the noob kit and so consisted unfashionable but easy to spot in amongst a load of other riders.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

A good workout that. We had a good group there before that cheeky bit of tempo. MTB sounds good but do I need to win it by doing a route or will it be in my garage?

scaredypants

Tiger – I definitely saw your name (unless somebody else uses magnetosomething in their name) about 25 minutes into the ride

… and then you disappeared

Alex

alex I think I “followed” you at one point, trying to find the group but when I saw I was in NY I assumed I’d followed a stranger and ducked out (weeksy and his merry men/ladies were in watopia)

I ended up doing a workout. My heart wasn’t in in though. Neither were my legs!

I’ll hopefully make Sat. Never ridden the MTB but have one in the virtual garage.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

What do we need to do to get our own kit? I’m thinking four golden/orange squares (2×2) on a blue background with white detailing?

Nick

I got the time wrong and joined too late and couldn’t find the invite, did the Cat C TdW Stage 5 Race instead, was good fun. Will try to make Saturday!

Poopscoop

I assumed the virtual custom kits are paid for in some way, expensive I would think? Never even googled it though.

A bit of advertising for Singletrack on a packed zwift might be good for the mag/forum though.

weeksy

No idea how to get a kit, didn’t someone sort a kit on the Zwift thread.

Bumble bee is fine for me, I’ll change next time on.

Poopscoop

Oddly, Google doesn’t say much at all about custom jerseys etc, other than an old thread with people requesting the feature?

Curious.

w00dster

How were you guys communicating? I stayed with you for about 30mins, then lost you somewhere on the rollers, it was so busy I was struggling to figure out what was happening. A couple of guys pinged of the front so I went after them, just had no idea if that was a plan or not.

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

In game text chat amongst our group appeared in green msg boxes. Not sure if non group riders could see that.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.