Home Forums Bike Forum Zwift issues – it’s twisting my melon man!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Zwift issues – it’s twisting my melon man!
  • scruff9252

So yesterday I bought a (secondhand) Elite Turbo Muin B+ direct drive turbo trainer a few years old but barely used – the splines are barely even marked… Got it home, my wife set up Zwift on her (Samsung s20) phone with a 7 day trial and was up and away within a few minutes in the living room. She was happy as punch, I’m happy on that front and I know the turbo works.

This morning I fancy a shot so I set the turbo up in the garage, I plonk my bike on the turbo, download Zwift on my laptop (m1 MacBook Air) and start a free trial. Connected to my headphones, turbo and hr monitor. Straight away got issues with bluetooth. Quick google suggests the Zwift wants to pair to devices before turning on headphones. So I Turn headphone off.

Now the best I can get is the turbo connected (via bluetooth) but with the error “connected no signal”.

Try to connect via trainer road (again on MacBook) and it can see it, can see the signal strength but will not pair with the turbo.

Tried to download Zwift on iPhone12 and still no joy.

Downloaded Zwift on work phone (galaxy 9 with ant+) and can connect to my cadence meter, hr strap but does not even see the turbo.

Now I’ve spent over an hour now turning on/off all devices and now stumped and ran out of time for a workout.

gah!

Where am I going wrong? What can I try?

Please help!

scruff9252

Just an update – managed to solve the issue.

There was a thin crust of corrosion on one of the battery terminals of the data sender unit. Obviously with a room temp battery this was not a significant issue. Once colder and the terry was more stressed it became a show stopper.

A quick clean of the terminals, a new button battery and back up running good as new.

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s a good spot, well done.

stumpy01

Ha! Good find. I had a quick google earlier & found someone who mentioned the same issue was caused by a battery on the way out.
    I meant to update & mention it, but didn’t get round to it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Zwift issues – it’s twisting my melon man!’ is closed to new replies.