Home Forums Chat Forum YouTube channels…?

• This topic has 59 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by AD.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • YouTube channels…?
  • Fat-boy-fat

No love for Street Pigeon?

daviek

No love for Street Pigeon?

I didnt include any biking ones in mine as I thought there would be plenty mentions. I do watch him but I dont watch many biking ones to be honest.

sirromj

Charlie Rolls – where farming content meets world class trials riding content.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Goonzquad    – USA Performance cars and some Construction

4WD247. – Australian 4×4

Matts Off Road Recovery

Single track sampler

Blot Outdoor Show

kayak23

Tom Lamb

He’s a farmer.

Mate of and appears in Colin Furze videos. Messing about with big machinery.

spooky_b329

Just watched the first two episodes of this new channel, its been lingering in my recommendations for a few days but ignored it as I thought it was just going to be a rant/tale of sorrow about being rejected by Grand Designs.  Decided to give it a watch as its only 6 minutes and looks like it has potential to be a decent long term series. (and it wasn’t a rant, just ended with an invite to Kevin to pop in for cuppa!)

Creative? Tick

Big Machines? Tick

Mic’d up? Tick

Shared Oopsie’s? Tick

Animal Sidekick? Woof

https://www.youtube.com/@RejectedbyGrandDesigns

Blazin-saddles

Some of my favourites in no order

SuperFastMatt – clearly clever bloke making questionable engineering choices.

Wristwatchrevival – watch servicing, I find automatic watches fascinating for some reason.

Finnegans Garage – Redneck car and boat builder.

C90 adventures – This guy’s seen a lot of the world on the back of a Honda c90.  Childish sense of humor.

Babish – New York cooking fella

willard

Superfast Matt is funny in a dry way. However, I am very much in his camp for “good enough” when it comes to most projects. He’s also good for finding out how you should probably not doing things.

If you like cars as art, Larry Chen’s channel is pretty good. He gets to see a lot of very nice cars around the world.

sharkattack

I wish I could think of a good idea for a YouTube channel. It seems like a potentially fun way to make a living as long as you don’t commit to a gruelling weekly upload schedule that sees you constantly repeating yourself. (most UK mtbers)

It’s also completely tapped out. Literally anything you can think of is already on there.

fazzini

Gosforth Handyman https://www.youtube.com/@GosforthHandyman

And his ‘gardening’ channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AndyMac

Others have already mentioned some of the channels I follow. I do like some of the content on Always Another Adventure (plus he used to work with my dad at the Beeb): https://www.youtube.com/@alwaysanotheradventure

I have been known, occasionally, to stumble upon a particular gravel related channel, that may, or may not, have been mentioned previously… ;) <wink emoji>

jwt
    Free Member

+1

Retropower

M539

Harry’s garage

Jay Leno’s garage

And also Hackshop Garage

(you may have guessed it’s all mainly about cars?)

Stick to football/The overlap is very funny, as is the ‘Roy and Mica ‘ series ( On Skybet YT sadly, but very funny nonetheless) IMHO

poly
    Free Member

I wish I could think of a good idea for a YouTube channel. It seems like a potentially fun way to make a living as long as you don’t commit to a gruelling weekly upload schedule that sees you constantly repeating yourself. (most UK mtbers)

It’s also completely tapped out. Literally anything you can think of is already on there.

seems like a lot of hardwork if you want to actually make money from it – you pretty much need to do the video a week thing to make it viable.  Someone I met who had 70k subscribers said for each 1 min of content he had at least 1hr of filming/prep/set up and at least 1/2hr of editing.  Then admin/marketing/promo stuff on top.    After 3 yrs said basically minimum wage – unless you do patreon etc

nickc

I wish I could think of a good idea for a YouTube channel.

Honesty, it looks like a hellish treadmill to me. I get that some folks make a good go of it, but the burnout rate must be insane, and if you’re reliant on it for your income, then there’s probably a truly terrifying moment of leaving what you’re doing in order to have more time to create more content in the hope of attracting more views to your channel in order to get paid well enough to leave what you’re doing in order to make more content…until you drop dead of mental exhaustion.

It’s noticeable to me at least that had you asked this forum a couple of years back what we were watching; many of us would list some of the POV mountain biking channels, that they don’t really exist anymore – or are both fewer and generate less output than they did, tells me how precarious it must be.

verses

I’m hooked on this channel at the moment – it’s very easy “slow” TV.

He’s bought a ruined chateau and is rebuilding it – looking at the quantity of materials and machinery needed I’ve no idea where the money’s coming from, but it’s nice to watch.  There’s loads of “episodes”, but they’re mostly in 10min chunks so easy to watch here and there.

https://www.youtube.com/@escapetoruralfrance

dudeofdoom

I’ve tended to to follow the van life ones tbh but just think that the whole ‘wild’ camping thing is a bit off and overly freeloading when applied to some of the park ups and I’ve lost the love.

I’ve been watching a lot of  Quad-bike videos but apart from the bloke rebuilding them (Michael Sabo)they can be annoying.

(In Spain the Suzuki LTZ-400 is very popular although you can’t buy a new one so a young one is 2008, they did an updated efi version but I’m not sure if ever seen one here for sell.)

kilo

as per @z1ppy

IFarm WeFarm – Irish diary farmer
    Marty T – NZ guy who fixes plant kit, usually where it’s been abandoned for 20 years.

Both very good and strangely relaxing.

Watch Wes Work – US car mechanic

2Vintage – guy fixes motorbikes

JC Smith projects – bloke builds and repairs trucks, welds a lot

SuperTruckerDan – American HGV driver – delivers things in a big lorry.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

One I forgot on my list is

Good Bloke Outdoors

Bloke from Bradford (my old home town) . Couple of years ago gave up drugs/city life and now goes walking / wild camping. He’s quite funny in an awkward kind of way.

Very well produced and edited

andy8442
    Free Member

c90adventures

Drew Builds Stuff

The Late Brake Show

sirromj

This is pretty interesting!

AD

True Blue Travellers is also worth a look – a likeable couple converting vans and then travelling in them

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.