Home Forums Chat Forum YouTube channels…?

• This topic has 59 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by AD.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • YouTube channels…?
  • Kryton57

Anyone got some good suggestions?   My go-to’s are:

• Watch reviews
    • Damien Does money
    • Mentour Pilot
    • The odd ww2 docu-eye opener

It’d be great to hear of some interesting “shorts” to watch.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Walking the Ground is a good spin off from the We Have Ways podcast.

WW2 TV is good for a deep dive in niche subjects.

onewheelgood

Retropower

Harry’s Garage and Harry’s Farm

Number 27

Iain Tyrrell

Jay Emm

kayak23
    lunge

My most watched are:

Beau Miles

The Hoof GP

Geoguesser (but only for his missions)

And a random selection of running shoe reviewers.

jeffl

Mine is a bit car focused and random infrastructure.

Number 27 – Good for a quick dive and summary of random cars.

AutoAlex – Stupid but funny, bunch of guys buying up and running shit boxes

TDC/Top Dead Center – Spinoff from AutoAlex, similar thing but somehow funnier

Colin Furze – Silly, massive engineering undertakings

Auto Shennanigans – Proper middle age guy stuff, looking at random roading infrastrucutre

Robbie Cumming – Nice bit of slow TV with a guy living on a canal boat.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I can’t believe no-one else has suggested this one : http://www.youtube.com/@classiccarclips3292

johnhe

Dale Stone and Dangerous Dave for me for stunning British Colombia views and superb mountain biking. Jeff Pelletier for trail running with great insight and , once again, great views.

robertajobb

I’m just resurrecting an old old Marshall guitar amp from it’s decades of inactivity.  So this fella is someone I’ve been watching lots of in the past couple of weeks, learning more about what’s going on (and what goes wrong) in my 55 year old box of valves and hand made electronics.

Stuart UKguitarampguy

If you’re not into guitars or electrical stuff or repairing things rather than expanding landfill, it may not be your bag.

dafydd17
    Free Member

James Hoffmann on everything coffee.

toby1

Only fair to mention Lance as the Hoff has had a mention above, for everything else you’ve probably never needed to know about coffee https://www.youtube.com/c/LanceHedrick

Darko audio, Hannah Morris Climbing are a couple of others I drop into from time to time. but interested in what others watch.

citizenlee
    Free Member

These are my favourites…

Bikes:
    Remy Metailler
    The Ride Companion
    McTrail Rider
    The Singletrack Sampler

Moto:
    Raha TV

Snowboarding:
    The Bomb Hole

Music:
    AudioTree
    From the Basement
    NPR Music

Random:
    Exploring the Unbeaten Path

ley_line
    Free Member

Maximus Ironthumper for all of your wholesome needs – https://www.youtube.com/@maximusironthumper

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I’ve been watching Ghost Town Living for a few years. It’s essentially the video diary of a guy who bought the uninhabited mining town of Cerro Gorda in the Inyo Mountains in California. You see him learn to live up in the mountains in a desolate part of California as he had to move there during the Covid lockdown.

Videos cover the history and significance of Cerro Gordo, increasingly ambitious construction projects as he maintains and renovates the town, and exploration videos of the miles of mines underneath the town.

It doesn’t sound that exciting on the face of it, but you’ll find yourself gripped and absolutely rooting for him.

thecaptain
    Free Member

chess24 and similar. Matthew Sadler, Anna Cramling. Possibly a bit niche (but perhaps not in the way you’re thinking) :-)

richmars

Scimandan debunks flat earthers so is good for watching flat earth videos (for laughs).

inky_squid

Captain Disillusion. It’s mainly break downs of how special effects are done. But it’s very funny and clever. Also good to show how with the right tools you can fake anything.

https://www.youtube.com/@CaptainDisillusion

The Charismatic Voice, an opera singer who does reaction videos to a wide variety of songs. More skews towards rock, punk, metal et al. But she also takes a lot of time to explain how the singers do what they do. Utterly fascinating.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheCharismaticVoice

nickc

Completely randomly some of my favourites

M539 Restorations – guy restoring 90’s Beamers, in the same vein, Soup Classic is restoring various projects, but much of it is in stop motion. Auto Shenanigans is just bloke wittering on about roads, but again funny and actually interesting (in a very nerdy way)

Of bike channels, Always Another Adventure, GCN (especially now they’re doing more in depth stuff) Berm Park.

Other random stuff – Sampson Boat Co – The sail boat restoration channel, Vox for quirky short form documentaries, and Dark Skies for weird military aircraft.

hot_fiat

Petter’s other channel: MentourNow!
    Science: Sabine Hossenfelder
    Cars: Late Brake Show
    Boats: Oceanliner Designs
    Hics with cars and a welder: Grind Hard Plumbing Co
    Flying: Matt Guthmiller (needs careful selection as it can get boring, but the c47 across the Atlantic is glorious)
    Drumming: El Estepario Siberiano
    Italian car dribble inducing time thief: Davide Cironi Drive Experience

daviek

I’ll watch quite a few of Simon Whistlers channels like Mega Projects

Thoughty2 for general stories

Curious Droid Science and tech, really good channel which I think I subscribed to when he had under 50k subs now over a million

Anton Petrov for some more Science

And like Jeff mentioned above Auto Shenanigans. This showed up in the recomended videos one day I was bored and I’ve watched everyone since, no idea why but the presenter John makes them worth watching.

Pauls Hardware for compter related stuff

Kurzgesagt for science and other randome things

Steve Marsh for travel videos although he started just dotting around Scotland hes now moving further afield

Whisky Whims as I like whisky and work With Stuart so watch his videos

Astro Biscuit for some astronomy

Ben Collins Drives & Jimmy Broadbent for some car stuff Along with Aidan Millward for motorsport although mainly F1

Jonathan Pie just because everyone should watch his take on political matters

Screen Crush and New Rockstars for film and TV easter eggs

I watch virtually no TV but a lot of YouTube :)

rOcKeTdOg

I wasn’t going to plug my own as it felt wrong but if WCA can do it who am I not to follow the example?

crazy-legs

Auto Shenanigans – Proper middle age guy stuff, looking at random roading infrastrucutre

I really like this one. He did a history of motorways one, he does some occasional shorts on particular items and at the moment there’s a “Great British Road Journeys” series where he drives around places of interest using a 1923 Michelin Guide Book and the maps of that time, trying to stay on original roads and routes where possible.

GCN is usually pretty reliably good.

I like SciManDan too – science stuff and flat earth / science conspiracy debunking.

multi21
    Free Member

Matt Armstrong, ex-BMXer buys smashed up cars and repairs them on the cheap. Interesting to see how bits in the cars work and it’s occasionally quite funny

High Performance. Jake Humphreys interviews successful people. Quite a few F1 people like James Vowells & Ollie Bearman, but also plenty like Tom Pidcock, Keely Hodgkinson & Michael Johnson

Astrum – Astronomy related stuff, in quite easy to understand format.

PBS Spacetime – Phsyics & astronomy related stuff, in depth & very technical in places

bigclivedotcom – takes apart random electricals and tells you how/why they will kill you or what’s wrong in the design

multi21
    Free Member

I forgot to list Map Men! Two comedians discuss weird oddities in maps, countries, borders etc. “Why British Cities Make No Sense”, “The world’s silliest time zones” , “Bir Tawil – the land that nobody wants”

Warning: excessively ear-wormish theme tune

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Cars

Mat Armstrong Mk1 & Mk2 – Although the novelty is starting to wear off.

JayEmm on Cars

The Late Brake Show

Special Stage

Skiing

Laurie Taylor Ski – GP Slalom Ski Team racer (what I used to do)

Cody Townsend

Random

Harry Dwyer – sailing around the UK in a small powerboat (very very good series)

Joe Marlers Things People Do – funny

Biking

Greg McCahon – Brilliant series cycling the length of the Americas

Jono Jones

Matt Jones

RustyNissanPrairie

LrTime – humerous German couple who tinker with LR Discovery’s

WhistlinDiesel – takes stuff apart…..

Paul-B

Cars –

Retropower. Love the weekly updates from their workshop. The cars they turn out are outstanding.

Salvage Rebuilds – bit like Wheeler Dealers but better. Chris, the guy that does the doing is a very clever guy

Driftworks – Phil, the owner has an amazing collection of cars and goes into some real detailed updates of his various projects without being all YouTubery

Bikes

2nd Life Bikes – repurposing old bikes

Old Shovel – very relaxing builds

Bernard Kerr – bit marmite!

Also enjoy watching Flawless Cleaning, such a nice guy that helps people out.

z1ppy

I like watching ppl actually work (as I work in IT)..

Mr Hewes – Tank restorer
    Dean Doherty – Fixes power tools
    IFarm WeFarm – Irish diary farmer
    Marty T – NZ guy who fixes plant kit, usually where it’s been abandoned for 20 years..
    Project Farm – should always get an honoury mention for his amazing testing series.
    Geoffrey Croker – NZ guy restoring a series 1 landrover (he might finish one day) and a lathe and other machinery

and lot of other stuff, but those are one I look out for as they don’t produce video regularly..

charlie.farley

https://m.youtube.com/c/KrisHarbour/videos

~~~~~

Young chap living off the land in Wales and building a farm, hydro power, and wood workshops

Living the dream yet humble and honest about the journey 

(+1 Mr Hewes, Project Farm, and Last Best Tool)

IMG_8623
    IMG_8620

darksideby182

Another auto shenanigans fan here.

John malaky for woodwork etc

Walk with me Tim for holiday/hotel fun.

Breadmeatsfood – food eating comps.

DrJ

Morten Hilmer nature photography

piemonster
    Free Member

Harry Dwyer, another Cote for this one. Little speed boat round Britain.

Northwind

I got pretty addicted to HeavyDSparks- a heavy off road recovery channel. I didn’t make the Diesel Brothers connection at the time, but, it’s the Diesel Brothers in post-law-suit form. Like all youtube channels it gets more desperate for content and creates more and more “accidental” reality-tv disasters over time, lots of intentionally doing it badly but if you go back earlier it’s much more natural feeling (ie, they were still doing it badly but more because they didn’t have a clue, it’s amazing they never killed anyone). The presentation and production values are good, it can be absolutely beautiful sometimes. Plus big trucks.

AD

Came on to suggest HeavyD – Northwind beat me to it. It also crosses over into the Cero Gordo Ghost Town mentioned above.

Ryan Van Duzer is always worth a watch too – some great bike packing and running stuff from a really enthusiastic guy!

lambchop
    Free Member

twoodfrd, amazing guitar repairs

gorilla guitar repairs, same

maximus ironthumper, making and fixing things

in the woodyard, chainsaws, wood processing

Dr Bart Kay,  nutrition

Dr Ken Berry, nutrition

Jesse Chapus, nutrition

Kent Carnivore, nutrition

Merak

Has anyone mentioned Mr Hewes yet?

It’s bloody marvellous.

Tom83

Mighty car mods is my go to car viewing channel along with lowdown transporters.

For randomness Wheelie yellow. My kids love it!

Other than that i tend to just scroll until i find something.

Oh and Colin Furze.

sharkattack

All the ones I watch have been mentioned except Storror. All the dangerous rooftop stuff is behind a paywall now because YouTube demonetises it but it’s still fun to watch them messing around in cool places.

I Did a Thing is good but inconsistent. He’s a maker/inventor who likes dangerous ideas. The twist is that he has no skills and a really bizarre sense of humour. I’ve cracked up laughing at a few of his videos but they’re not all great.

It did lead me to a few other Australian channels like FriendlyJordies. An eye opening look at organised crime and general lowlife scumbags. He touched someone’s nerve and had his house burned down which was an interesting saga.

whatgoesup

Dave Simpson if you’re into Guitars
    Big Clive for disassembly and reverse engineering of random electricals

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.