• This topic has 76 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Your Ego Is Writing Checks Your Body Can’t Cash
  • scud
    Free Member

I’m oiling myself up as we speak….

Daffy

scud
    I’m oiling myself up as we speak…

…I fear you’ve overshared. Again.

tthew

Just came to say…

I’ve never watched the original one.

kayak23

Doesn’t look like they’ve used the original GPZ900, even though it makes you think that when he whips an old dusty cover off.
    I thought it looked very different in that trailer… 🤔

versus…

I is disappoint…

IHN

some things are for savoring, some things are just for enjoyment – this has both feet firmly in the latter.

Indeed. Sometimes I want a nine course tasting menu with a matching flight of carefully selected wines. Sometimes I want a lamb shish/kofte combination, lots of salad, chilli sauce, and a nice cold can of Kronenbourg. This is very much a kebab and Kronenbourg film.

Kryton57

What a time to have a 13yo son… 😀

Edukator
    Free Member

I watched the original with some “absolutely preposterous, testosteroney, homo-erotic” rally drivers/fans, and didn’t dare say what I really thought of it.

The main interest in that trailer was “which ski resort is that?”

nickc

This is very much a kebab and Kronenbourg film.

Commie, It’s a hot dog and Bud film.

IHN

Commie, It’s a hot dog and Bud film.

Thinking about it, the most ridiculously unbelievable thing in the first film (and possibly this one), is that anyone would willingly drink Budweiser…

benp1

Random facts
    – loved the original
    – loved the motorbike too
    – i’m wearing a top gun t shirt today
    – film was slightly ruined for me when I wore said t shirt out once and the bouncer said it was a chick flick. it is i guess (volleyball scene, love interest etc) but it’s still good 🙂

New one probably won’t live up to the old one but still look forward to seeing it

fossy

Can we have a Lego version of the Film.

nickc

it would be infinitely better acted no doubt

dazzydw
    Free Member

why do we fall for this shit every-time?

Because I was inverted

IHN

*cough*bullshit*cough*

pondo

And that, sceptics, is why this is ace. 🙂

finbar
    Free Member

Must Google to see if IWC are making a new Top Gun watch alongside the release.

(Not that I can afford one anyway, but the old one was cool in the very naffest way)

tenfoot

Looking forward to big screen flying antics.

Hoping it will take my breath away ………

martinhutch

This is very much a kebab and Kronenbourg film.

That would be Videodrome, wouldn’t it?

bigblackshed

Hoping it will take my breath away ………

I see what you did there.

The LEGO trailer looks infinitely more watchable than the real thing.

chrismac

“I will bet 50p that the ‘plot’ of this one is pretty much the same as the last one.”

I will be surprised if the plot is that complicated. This is Tom Cruise after all. Despite that I will be watching it

CountZero

Judging by the extended trailer, the pilots are really being put through the wringer. Most of the jets I recognise, F-14 Tomcat, F-18 Hornet, but there’s one that I’m sure isn’t real, or at least never got into production or is a proposed stealth aircraft. Looks familiar, though.

Big dumb fun, haven’t been to the cinema in several years, used to go all the time, and as I now have long periods of time off, I might start going in the afternoon, this might be the first, just for shits’n’giggles.

I do, however, have a couple of the green flying jackets that Cruise wears when he makes his return, a CWU-45P, cold weather, and a CWU-36P warm weather. the latter one has a unit badge sewn on, which after much internet searching, I tracked down. The jacket was sold as dating from the 90’s, and the patch confirmed it, it’s US Army TEXCOM, Test And Experimental Command based In Florida, which was amalgamated with two other units into US Army TEVCOM, Test And Evaluation Command, around 1997/8. I guess the former owner was pilot or crew evaluating and testing rotary-wing aircraft – nice to own something with a bit of established history.

matt_outandabout

Does this mean we get Hot Shots (Trois et Quatre)?

IdleJon

I’m not going until they confirm there’s a beach volleyball game in this one!

Isn’t Cruise 60 years old?

Do we really want beach volleyball with 60 year olds? (I’m only 53 and my knees can’t take beach volleyball.)

robola

What a time to have a 13yo son… 😀

I was just going to say, who the hell am I going to watch this with. The cinemas are going be full of middle aged blokes on their own.

Daffy

Me and my 40y old friends are going to the cinema together. We’re the only ones who will truly get it. One is flying in (not in an F18) just for the event.

Cougar

Thinking about it, the most ridiculously unbelievable thing in the first film (and possibly this one), is that anyone would willingly drink Budweiser…

The US is – or at least, certainly was – very big on ‘domestic’ products. If you could get a Budweiser for $2 or a Grolsch for $6, the Bud is suddenly a lot more attractive a choice.

p7eaven
    Free Member

Me and my 40y old friends are going to the cinema together. We’re the only ones who will truly get it.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Does this mean we get Hot Shots (Trois et Quatre)?

It was made by, and for, winners.

winner

RustySpanner

kayak23
    Doesn’t look like they’ve used the original GPZ900

It was a 750.

And it was a bloody awful film too.
    Not as bad as Point Break (what is?) but come on, it was bollocks.
    (Runs away and hides).

Daffy

Runs away and hides

You can’t run and hide from Tom Cruise in an F18. It’s really fast and he’s really small. No hiding place is secure.

Daffy

Anyone over 40 was alive and engaged in the 80s. This is an 80s film for 2020(2 – bloody pandemic)!

leffeboy

That lego trailer is pushing all sort of buttons.  It’s fantastic

ads678

You can’t run and hide from Tom Cruise in an F18. It’s really fast and he’s really small. No hiding place is secure.

Or Jonny Utah, his knee might give way, but he’ll jump out of a plane without a parachute to get his man!

maccruiskeen

dovebiker

Where I used to work, we had an apprentice whose name was Maverick. Thankfully, I got a heads-up on the names, so when I raised an eyebrow with his manager and said “Topgun?” She said yes and laughed.

136stu
    Free Member

Nice nod to Val. I’ll watch it.

TiRed

Presumably not set at Miramar. I was locked in at the museum there when I went to San Diego. It’s a portacabin on the edge of the base, and access is strictly via a side gate if you are not a US National. They shut that gate early and you can’t leave via the base.

Museum piece.

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.