• This topic has 76 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Your Ego Is Writing Checks Your Body Can’t Cash
  • multi21
    Free Member

New trailer is out 😎

Dickyboy

Wonder which mens hair dye is sponsoring that?

nickc

I will bet 50p that the ‘plot’ of this one is pretty much the same as the last one.

multi21
    Free Member

nickc

I will bet 50p that the ‘plot’ of this one is pretty much the same as the last one.

And the same as all his other movies no doubt. Crisis of confidence, love of a good woman etc.

pondo

I.

Can’t.

Wait. 😀

nickc

He’s still a maverick, but recognised as “one of the best” (somehow) pulled from obscure duty to teach pilots of the next generation how to do air to air as “last chance option” by rival (and secretly jealous) senior officers. Much squaring up to the Old-Man by younger pilots who’re initially unimpressed by come to respect his skills. Somewhere in there there’s a hot young woman (perhaps pilot or analyst) who’s somehow inexplicably attracted to a man who’s the same age as her father, she knows of him by reputation. He’s never heard of her (natch)

He leads them in a mission that’s top secret. Comes back rehabilitated after saving reputation of jealous rival officers, all salute the flag.

Fin – Exit stage left chased by a bear…

50p or my name’s not Sammy Spoiler

mattbee

“I will bet 50p that the ‘plot’ of this one is pretty much the same as the last one.”

How is that a bad thing..?

IHN

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

Grinning like a loon 🙂

bigblackshed

Will it include beach volleyball?

martinhutch

Somewhere in there there’s a hot young woman (perhaps pilot or analist)

😱

IHN

Somewhere in there there’s a hot young woman (perhaps pilot or analist)

I don’t think it’ll be that kind of film

IHN

Will it include beach volleyball?

Don’t be ridiculous. It’s (american) football.

nickc

Let me go back and change that….😜

binners

It looks like absolutely preposterous, testosteroney, homo-erotic nonsense!

I can’t bloody wait to see it on the big screen! 😀

finbar
    Free Member

That trailer made me grin from ear to ear for exactly 2 minutes and 31 seconds. Bring it on!

IHN

I can’t bloody wait to see it on the big screen!

Me neither, I’ve honestly been missing a big, flashy, dumb-but-good action film. What with this and the forthcoming Mission Impossible film, I’m quite looking forward to a couple of cinema trips this year

Drac

Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends.

Can’t wait and big screen it is and possibly with the wobbly seats and immersion.

fettlin

they had me at the piano theme tune! tingles…

Brain off, popcorn on, i’m in!

IHN

possibly with the wobbly seats and immersion

Again, I don’t think it’s that kind of film 😉

I’m guessing it will be absolutely terrible

I’ll be watching it

nickc

I’m guessing it will be absolutely terrible

Without a doubt

I’ll be watching it

Me also probably, but I genuinely can’t figure out why. I mean, it’s going to be shit isn’t it? Everyone knows it is, no one is expecting it to be anything other than a complete pastiche of the first film (which was absolutely itself a plot free hot mess of nonsense)  why do we fall for this shit every-time?

mass produced cheescake made into a film.

jimdubleyou

mmmm cheeeeesecaaaake.

argee

I’m not going until they confirm there’s a beach volleyball game in this one!

IHN

why do we fall for this shit every-time?

These films, for me, fall into two types:

1) Stupid, but know they’re stupid really and don’t take themselves too seriously (see Top Gun, Mission Impossible)
    2) Stupid, but think they’re somehow clever, and tale themselves far too seriously (recent Bonds, recent Star Warses)

The first lot serve the absolutely honourable purpose of entertaining me for a couple of hours.

The second lot just irritate me.

Me also probably, but I genuinely can’t figure out why. I mean, it’s going to be shit isn’t it? Everyone knows it is, no one is expecting it to be anything other than a complete pastiche of the first film (which was absolutely itself a plot free hot mess of nonsense)  why do we fall for this shit every-time?

There isn’t a film in existence I’ve watched more times than the original – every night after getting in from the nightclubs in the late 80’s – 5 or 6 of us in my mates lounge

johnners
    Free Member

Looks like Goose left his rubbish moustache to his son then.

binners

why do we fall for this shit every-time?

Because we want to leave our brains at the door and watch some absolutely preposterous load of old cobblers 😀

zilog6128

I’m guessing it will be absolutely terrible hoping against hope it will be okay

There are precedents for long-awaited sequels (not reboots) that haven’t been terrible… Bill & Ted, Blade Runner, Tron… most have been shite, granted 😃

Will almost certainly go see it either way. Have seen the original at the cinema a few times, there’s nothing to match watching jets scream past as Danger Zone cranks out of the sound system 🤣

IHN

I’m not going until they confirm there’s a beach volleyball game in this one!

Again, watch the trailer, prepare for disappointment (1:57)

bearnecessities

nickc

There isn’t a film in existence I’ve watched more times than the original

I think the teenaged plane nerd in me was so offended by the flying sequences that I’ve maybe watched it twice, and that was probably one too many times.

p7eaven
    Free Member

zilog6128

I think the teenaged plane nerd in me was so offended by the flying sequences

Top Gun is not – and this cannot be overstated – a film for nerds. It was made by, and for, winners.

IHN

The second half of this is quite interesting. Some good faces pulled by the actors 🙂

ads678

That Lego one is amazing!

nickc

That Lego one is amazing!

It really is!

peekay

There was a TopGun re-make advertised before the pandemic. With being distracted i’m not sure if that was actually released at the cinema and this is another one in the series, or if this is the one from a few years ago and the original release was delayed.

Anyone able to advise?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Nice to see Goose’s original moustache making an appearance even if he’s still swimming with the fishes

nickc

yes, same one that was advertised before the pandemic and then delayed

Daffy

Me also probably, but I genuinely can’t figure out why. I mean, it’s going to be shit isn’t it? Everyone knows it is, no one is expecting it to be anything other than a complete pastiche of the first film (which was absolutely itself a plot free hot mess of nonsense) why do we fall for this shit every-time?

Look – some things are for savoring, some things are just for enjoyment – this has both feet firmly in the latter. Leave your expectations at the door, strap yourself in and ENJOY it all the more! The 80s were ACE!

It’s going to be frickin AWESOME!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.