Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 155 total)
  • WW3
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

How did it come to this?

Trump threatens ‘fury’ against N Korea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40869319

Most of the time I shrug this sort of shit off, but this could actually be it – ICBMs at dawn or a war with a their 1.1 military personnel who have been taught their whole lives we just want to kill and enslave them.

johndoh
    Free Member

Two idiots who don’t know how to back down / negotiate – this’ll be interesting.

jimjam
    Free Member

war with a their 1.1 military personnel

Well that shouldn’t be too difficult.

Klunk
    Free Member

US always seem to look for an excuse to throw their weight around, whats the point of having a huge army if you are not going to use it! If it isn’t North Korea it’ll be Iran.

5thElefant
    Free Member

If you’re going to go to war with a country that has ICBMs and nukes best do it before they’ve got them joined up rather than after.

Hard to see how Korea isn’t going to get flattened sometime soon.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’ll be fine. China will get this shit sorted.

*starts digging bunker*

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

the yanks and the banks love a war.

Klunk
    Free Member

If you’re going to go to war with a country that has ICBMs and nukes best do it before they’ve got them joined up rather than after.

I doubt they need an ICBM to cause a nuclear catastrophe they have 70 or so submarines 20 or so with 9000 mile range. could easily carry a nuclear device to Tokyo or LA

P-Jay
    Free Member

In genuinely concerned Trump is currently spouting those weird phrases you read in Tom Clancy books right now trying to justify a war to get him a second term (worked for Bush Jr.)

I can see it now as a tweet “clear and present danger, we should intervene with extreme prejudice – Hunt for red October. Sad”.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I doubt they need an ICBM to cause a nuclear catastrophe they have 70 or so submarines 20 or so with 9000 mile range. could easily carry a nuclear device to Tokyo or LA

Not without being spotted. They can’t launch it yet, so a giant water fountain is the best they could manage anyway.

dovebiker

Americans have been extensively testing their new missile defence capabilities and deploying them to S Korea. The consequences of nuclear strikes to S Korea or Japan will be pretty catastrophic to the global economy, plus leaving the Chinese to deal with millions of starving N Koreans. Even Trump isn’t that stupid……

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Don’t you reckon the US could flatten North Korea with conventional stuff anyway, if so desired? Without too much collateral damage (?)
    It would be like me chucking a hammer at Ton! (me being NK & Ton being the USA)

Even Trump isn’t that stupid……

Hmmm…not so sure about that.

Klunk
    Free Member

US invading North Korea would be for the Chinese the same as it would be for the Yanks if China invaded Mexico. They might not want to fight to protect them but they sure don’t want US forces on their borders.

tomhoward

Even Trump isn’t that stupid……

Say that again, but out loud this time.

Terrified now?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Don’t you reckon the US could flatten North Korea with conventional stuff anyway, if so desired?

Yes, but… not before n.korea flattens s.korea with artillery.

Klunk
    Free Member

US intelligence agencies now believe, it was reported on Tuesday, the Pyongyang regime has succeeded in building a nuclear weapon small enough to put on an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) – a conclusion supported by a Japanese government study. The US assessment also estimated the North Korean nuclear arsenal has now reached as much as 60 warheads, substantially more than earlier assessments.

slowoldman

Ah well time to buy all those bikes and things I want. No need to save for a pension.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

NK would inflict terrible losses on the SK and US ground forces in a conventional conflict with rocket and normal artillery before SK and US Air superiority asserted itself. USAF early efforts I suspect would be carving out corridors to nuclear sites to eliminate them.

THAAD is untested in conflict and I suspect that the advertised performance isn’t as good as wartime.

The NK also reportedly have large stocks of nerve agents and other chemical weapons.

It would be a bloody, terrible mess.

NK also has circa 100K suicide commandoes and tunnels deep into SK.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We’ll all be dust by the 23rd Sept 17 anywhoo.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Again.

While I don’t condone the NK regeime (or the US one for that matter) if you don’t understand the history you wouldn’t understand why they have such a strong anti-US rhetoric. During the Korean War the US killed 20% of the population / 3million people in 3years and pretty much levelled anything bigger than a haystack…

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/the-us-war-crime-north-korea-wont-forget/2015/03/20/fb525694-ce80-11e4-8c54-ffb5ba6f2f69_story.html

chewkw
    Free Member

Really not sure what the big deal is … 🙄

They can start WW 5 …. thoussssandsss if they wish …

unknown
    Free Member

It’s about time for one of those invasions to set about a regime change that we’re so good at.

I’m just not sure who we’d replace Trump with.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Trump isn’t stupid, it crazy but he isn’t stupid – assuming he wants a second term (he doesn’t seem keen on the job so far) he knows that the democrats are going to wheel out the best looking, whitest, most well spoken candidate they can find without so much as a blemish on his record in 2020 and destroy him – one of the best ways to win a second term in the US is to start or end a war.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

You’ve seen those nature programmes on Silverback Gorilla’s haven’t you? This is what’s going on. Its all about China and US and China expanding power in Asia. The US has lots of interests in Asia, China is building its own empire and threatening US interests and using N.Korea to destabilise the region in order to grab power. But China relies on the US for its economy so all a bit of a game. Its all posturing and chest beating. My worry is Kim Jon Un. He could just go it alone and start throwing some nukes about. But he was brought up and educated outside of N.Korea so i’m hoping he’s actually not as mad as we all think and fear he is and acting up to retain power in N.Korea. He only rules while the military leaders allow him to rule.

A conventional war with N.Korea would be bloody, entrenched, long and horrendous. I’m not sure the US has the stomach for it.

But getting ICMB’s is one thing. Having a viable arsenal is another. We saw not too long ago with the UK Trident failed test that these things are not 100% reliable. That is why we have such a large stockpile of the things – chuck alot of them in the air knowing some will fail to reach their targets to be sure that enough will get though. They’ve only just got their first ICBM so is still decades away from having a viable arsenal….but having said that only one needs to get through.

Oh for the good old days of the Cold War where we knew our enemy, could predict their actions and it was all a propaganda exercise.

chewkw
    Free Member

I suggest they start the war now rather than all these silly talks.

What’s the nukes for if they don’t use it? Nuke something … 🙄

EU should also join in the nuke war, by sticking their noses into others affairs when they are not called for, to get nuke themselves … 😆

I think they should escalate to all out nuke war.

Make half the world uninhabitable so the animals and nature can take it back.

zippykona

Oooh Mr Trump can we join in?
    After all we have A Special Relationship where we do whatever we are told.

chewkw
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    Oooh Mr Trump can we join in?
    After all we have A Special Relationship where we do whatever we are told.

Join the party, press the nuke button, star a war not peace. 😈

Peace and silence will prevail when half the mankind no longer walk this world.

But make sure all continents are nuked to some extend … 😈

km79
    Free Member

I agee, out of the two of us you can be the half that no longer walks this world. On you go.

nickc

Don’t you reckon the US could flatten North Korea with conventional stuff anyway, if so desired?

It would be **** horrific, long drawn out and with massive casualties

frankconway

Sorry P-Jay but Trump is stupid; he does not take intelligence briefings, he has minimal attention span, has very limited understanding of foreign affairs – based on the majority of ‘informed’ comments coming out of the US.
    His attitude appears to be….go on, hit me, see what happens; slightly high risk.
    Kim is calculating and continuing the family strategy – from grandfather and father – of attempting to force the US to negotiate on NK’s terms.
    If it all goes tits up the US is the only military winner – eventually; but at what cost? SK destroyed, Japan likewise ( paying the price for being, and continuing to be, substantially un/disarmed in the aftermath of WW2)
    China will be the overall winners – sort of predicted by one of the mediaeval soothsayers.
    Global economy – will be trucked if this goes badly; buy gold and dig a hole in the forest to bury it in (or…..in which to bury it?)
    One of my sons now lives in upstate NY so I have more than a passing interest in this.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Two idiots who don’t know how to back down / negotiate – this’ll be interesting

Sounds like a few on here.

Apart from the last bit.

chewkw
    Free Member

km79 – Member

I agee, out of the two of us you can be the half that no longer walks this world. On you go. [/quote]

You don’t get to choose but if you want to survive you might need to hide deep in the bunker. When you come out from the bunker mutants and zombies will await you. 😈

In the meantime, I shall be dust with no worry like most people. Although you might survive you will need to fight the mutant and zombie to stay alive with constant worry. How long can you last? 😆

GrahamS

Hate to break it to you chewkw but we had half the current world population less than fifty years ago and it wasn’t exactly peace and light back then either.

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    Hate to break it to you chewkw but we had half the current world population less than fifty years ago and it wasn’t exactly peace and light back then either.

It looks like the matter is much more urgent now to nuke the world.

The earth needs regeneration so all continents Must burn. 😈

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’m on a 3 month sabbatical from work at the moment & when I left I told them it’s my pre WWIII holiday.I was only half joking when I said it but if anything I think we’re getting even more likely to have some kind of military conflict involving the US & North Korea in the next couple of years.
    It’s up to China to step in & wind in the Koreans,not sure who could influence Trump’s administration,Farage? Putin? 😯

chewkw
    Free Member

Bustaspoke – Member
    It’s up to China to step in & wind in the Koreans,not sure who could influence Trump’s administration,Farage? Putin?

I think the ultimate goal is for western power to move out of Asia.

Therefore, all talks are short term.

GrahamS

The earth needs regeneration so all continents Must burn.

I’m struggling to see how a global nuclear winter would be “regeneration” but okay, Planet of the Apes it is.

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

The earth needs regeneration so all continents Must burn.

I’m struggling to see how a global nuclear winter would be “regeneration” but okay, Planet of the Apes it is. [/quote]

Actually, there is nothing to regenerate other than making the place out of bound for mankind i.e. uninhabitable for thousands of years to come. 😛

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ok Chewkie, It’s past ya bedtime! 😉

GrahamS

You are, as ever, a very weird chap chewkw.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 155 total)

The topic ‘WW3’ is closed to new replies.