Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 155 total)
  • WW3
  • chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    You are, as ever, a very weird chap chewkw.

Mankind do not deserve sympathy if they cannot control themselves.

Therefore, nuke wars are merely the natural cycle of things to come.

edit: Oh ya when it comes to nuke wars I don’t take side coz all of them are the same.

ninfan
    Free Member

Ah, lefties predicting imminent nuclear war because they’re not happy with the choice of US president.

It’s just all so very 1980’s isn’t it?

and 1970’s

and 1960’s

and 1950”s

I suppose if they just keep predicting it, one day it might come true, eh? 🙄

GrahamS

So presumably you think Trump is all bluster when he talks of “fire and fury” and really he is as impotent as that leftie libtard Obama?

piemonster

Mankind do not deserve sympathy if they cannot control themselves.

There’s nothing unique about human behaviour in regards to over extraction of resources and population growth, or indeed being truly horrible to each other (e.g. Bears eating Bear cubs or killing Bears to defend resources). It’s just what happens when the various checks on growth are absent.

Singling out humanity is more down to the human ego and it’s need for a perceived separate identity/meaning leading us to believe we are distinct from the natural world. Which in my view is false as the behaviour our species exhibits is natural by definition.

What the planet needs is a good old fashioned dose of predation on humans!

v8ninety

Will ‘North Korea has a miniaturised nuclear warhead capability’ be this decade’s ‘Saddam has WMDs’?

Smells fishy to me. Only time will tell. Scary times ahead.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Judging by some comments it seems that we are in danger of becoming like the worst American stereotypes? Ironic. It’s all just a bit black-tard/white-ard/left-tard/right-tard for my tiny brain.

Ah, lefties predicting imminent nuclear war because they’re not happy with the choice of US president.

Almost the perfect antidote to those on the ‘Right’ always agitating for imminent war because they’re happy with the choice of President. Weird that.

Talking of which – it seems we have a Tr*mp supporter in our midst who is either a commited satire-troll method-acting, or an actual Tr*mp supporter agitating for nuclear annihilation. Internet overdose?

Not to abandon the forecast theme, I predict, for this Friday coming:

High probability of rain, fish and chips, and many people being dicks to one another.

batfink
    Free Member

“North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States,” Trump told journalists at his club in Bedminster, New Jersey. “They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.” He then expanded the line to “fire, fury and frankly, power the likes of which this world has never seen before”

Anyone else think he’s got a bit carried away with last night’s tv?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Singling out humanity is more down to the human ego and it’s need for a perceived separate identity

That’d be our uniquely evolved capacity for conceptual and abstract thought, giving rise to game-changers such as self-awareness, self-assessment, empathy, high capacity for complex forward-planning, etc etc. We are not bears. If you catch your neighbour dashing his baby’s brains out before eating them, then you are more likely to be witnessing serious mental-illness and or/extreme famine. Sorry I don’t buy this ‘just reverting to ‘nature’ explanation for violence and murder.

Kryton57

Two idiots who don’t know how to back down / negotiate – this’ll be interesting.

They should come here for advice.

stewartc
    Free Member

This could all be resolved if Trump had just listened to what the NK government said about destroying the US and just laughed instead of giving such a idiot reply.

Regarding WWW3, if NK do launch a pre-emptive strike against any US territory I can assure you not even the Chinese would stop the US doing anything, there’s two reasons, one is the financial link between the two countries (its a different world to that of the Korean war) and the second is they are more scared of losing face in not being able to militarily take on the US to even try at present.

I would be more concerned about not what Korea does but who it sells this technology to, I would imagine that Iran getting hold of some half decent ICBM technology would make one or two nations in the middle east a little trigger happy.

My 2 cents.

mikey74
    Free Member

As the US is the only country to use nuclear weapons on an enemy, when the President refers to using “unprecedented” power, it is not something to be applauded, it is not something to be taken lightly, and it is, quite literally, playing with fire. Only an idiot, or an extreme nihilist, would support such words.

batfink
    Free Member

Only an idiot, or an extreme nihilist, would support such words

nickc

Like most things Trump says it’s all bluster and bombast. The US can’t really do anything other than place sanctions, or talk. War isn’t an option

Flaperon

Are chewwie and ninfan the same person?

the-muffin-man

So – should I order a new Kia?

I don’t want to buy a new car then there be no country company left for back up and spares.

piemonster

Sorry I don’t buy this ‘just reverting to ‘nature’ explanation for violence and murder.

Never said it was to be fair!

FuzzyWuzzy

The language Trump uses is pretty bizarre, it’s the kind of phrasing you expect to come from Kim Jong-un not the other way around. It’s all a bit pathetic though, like two drunk idiots arguing in a bar.

Realistically though Trump is pretty impotent in this, my bet is WW3 still being in the 2040’s and it will be robots vs humans :p

DezB
    Free Member

The language Trump uses is pretty bizarre, it’s the kind of phrasing you expect to come from Kim Jong-un not the other way around

With that look on his face “I’m so **** impressive”.

Never a song so fitting
    [video]https://youtu.be/deiWnZK-duM[/video]

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I came on here to say the same as batfink, I think he was all pumped up after watching the latest GoT ep.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Tune in to next weeks episode of “Donalds Classic Blunders” when the Donald goes in against a Sicilian when Death is on the line.

thepurist

Anyone been to Guam? I have and I wouldn’t fight to go back. If you must go to war over a Pacific island at least choose a nice one.

atlaz
    Free Member

I came on here to say the same as batfink, I think he was all pumped up after watching the latest GoT ep.

Maybe he thinks he’s got those dragons as backup

martinhutch

Ah, the art of the deal. Bluster yourself into a corner by claiming that fire and brimstone will rain down on your opponent for even the mildest provocation, then choose between a regional apocalypse or complete humiliation when that provocation inevitably comes.

What a total buffoon, exceeding our expectations at every turn.

Even the Russians must be thinking it’s about time to hand over the thumbdrive or slip something in his Diet Coke.

In GoT terms, he’s a fat Joffrey.

perchypanther
    Free Member

In GoT terms, he’s a fat Joffrey.

He has vehemently denied being a littlefinger.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Daenerys to be chief of homeland security by Monday…..

ninfan
    Free Member

The US can’t really do anything other than place sanctions, or talk. War isn’t an option

You mean like how the us cooperated with other members of the UNSC to place sanctions on NK? Indeed, rather than just strengthening existing sanctions, they chose to relaxing areas of sanctions that were causing adverse humanitarian impacts, and introducing new ones in different areas.

So, the ‘war-monger’ Trump, instead of taking military action, took the ‘co-operate with other nations to seek a peaceful outcome’ solution, whilst warning of decisive military action if attacked?

OMG, Shock, horror, mad nutter in charge at the White House, everyone run around screaming whilst dad unscrews the doors and builds a lean-to in the living room

tomhoward

I say let him go for it, but he has to be the one to deliver the ‘fire and fury’. No assistance from anyone, save for wheeling a B2 Spirit out of a hangar and saying ‘Off you pop then’.

Should neutralise both threats pretty quickly

martinhutch

whilst warning of decisive military action if attacked?

If threatened, actually, but carry on.

Here it is in all its barely coherent majesty.

“North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen… he has been very threatening beyond a normal state. They will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before,”

Klunk
    Free Member

whilst warning of decisive military action if attacked they make any more threats?

FIFY

dovebiker

Chinese Govt rep on Radio 4 this morning insisting they have a bi-lateral agreement with NK (similar to Nato Article 5) that would mean any attack on NK would force them to intervene. Fortunately, China’s economy / political elite is too dependent on US$ for them to be taken too seriously. Generals Kelly and McMaster will hopefully provide some reality in the White House make sure the short-fingered one can’t reach for the red-button

DezB
    Free Member

I say let him go for it, but he has to be the one to deliver the ‘fire and fury’. No assistance from anyone

Updated re-enactment of Frankie’s “Two Tribes” video?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I think that this guy might hold the solution to world peace…

Get Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un in the same room together with the wee hairdresser guy from the One Show.

He could sort out their appalling haircuts and after that, i’m sure everything would be fine.

kimbers

Chill Winston!

Trump promised us that NK wouldn’t development nuclear ICBMs if he’s prez…

Torminalis
    Free Member

NK Know that using Nukes would be a regime changing event for them, there is no way they will do it. It would be suicide.

The US won’t use them first. Not again.

The nukes are mainly a tool to allow the NK to extort aid and foreign assistance from the rest of the world and to add to the governments personal prestige within the country. The strategy is to use them to get a top seat at the table instead of looking like some crazy rogue nation.

There isn’t going to be a nuclear war, calm down everyone.

GrahamS

You’re in a tricky spot to defend there ninfan.

Trump was quite clear that “threats to the United States” would “be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before”.

Trump lambasted Obama for not taking action in Syria after they crossed his “red line”.

Now facing North Korea, who have repeatedly crossed previous lines with their continued missile testing, Trump has drawn his own mighty bombastic red line.

If they cross it then he will either need to take a huge hit to his pride (something I don’t think he’ll want to do) or he’ll need to make good on it and go to war.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Trump should build a wall around NK and make them pay for it.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Bit of a weird one the whole NK situation.

Personally I don’t think you can blame any country for wanting a nuclear deterrent whilst other countries have one.

The question is, are they nutty enough to use one as something other than a deterrent? If the answer to that is deemed to be yes then i’ve also no objection to flattening NK with conventional weapons preemptively.

The the biggest problem I see (and probably why NK hasn’t been flattened already) is that other countries will end up in the crossfire.

Klunk
    Free Member
    kimbers

If they cross it then he will either need to take a huge hit to his pride (something I don’t think he’ll want to do) or he’ll need to make good on it and go to war.

trump doesnt care

he lies, then pretends he never said that at all, hes been doing it constantly since, forever it seems

for everything he does theres a tweet of him criticising Obama or other politicians for doing exactly that

his presidency is such a continual shitshow no one ever stops to ponder it

Hes just making a fool of himself and backing kim jong un into a corner, which seems utterly foolish

fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before”

is perfect material for NKs domestic propaganda machine

neilnevill
    Free Member

There seem to be lots in this thread that age taking a slightly amused, watching from the sidelines, not our problem view. May I remind you, NATO treaty, Article 5
    It commits each member state to consider an armed attack against one member state, in Europe or North America, to be an armed attack against them all.

We could get drawn into any conflict.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 155 total)

The topic ‘WW3’ is closed to new replies.