Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Would you be offended by this woman’s attire?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

This woman was told she would be removed from a Thomas Cook flight if she didn’t cover up.
    She was told her outfit was inappropriate and offensive.
    She had to put on a friend’s jacket to avoid having her holiday ruined.
    If this person was on your flight, would you feel offended?

I certainly wouldn’t. It seems appropriate to wear something like this in a warm cabin, destination Tenerife.

Cabin crew get right on my tit end sometimes. Little Hitlers some of them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Me? Pass comment on in flight clothing?

With my reputation?

fasthaggis

Yes, those colour combinations are abhorrent.

kilo

Suitcase doesn’t match outfit, shoes look a bit clumpy , not sure the mustard colour trousers works with her skin tone

bigG
    Free Member

Offended by it? No

Think it’s not entirely appropriate for a flight? Yes

Be so concerned about it that I’d pass comment or complain? No, of course not. At most I’d tut loudly and go back to reading The Telegraph

mashr

Asking for it

EDIT:

lul wut? Does it affect the aerodynamic performance of the flying bus or something?

weeksy

Really ? I’m astounded at that. A Bikini top, maybe i’d be seeing as slightly inappropriate… but nothing wrong with that.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Looks a damn sight better better than a lager stained football shirt!

cookeaa

Would I be offended? No.

But can I appreciate that others might be?
    Yeah, some people are a bit more prudish than others, so TBH just putting a T-shirt on over the top for the duration of the flight would seem prudent if you wanted to avoid conflict at the start of your holibops.

Also…

It seems appropriate to wear something like this in a warm cabin,

Maybe until your at 30000ft with the aircon blasting away for a couple of hours and then I bet she’d be chuffing freezing… I never get on a plane without a hoody/jumper in my hand luggage

diz

Nothing wrong with her clothing, I’ve seen worse on flights to and from southern Spain on a Friday with the stag and hen crowds.

chewkw
    Free Member

She looks fine so not offended.

But what if a person double her size does that?

derek_starship
    Free Member

If there was overspill of a huge cleavage festooned with tattoos and creped with stretch marks then it might put me off my processed cheese and crackers.

As OP, does this constitute talking to myself?

bensales
    Free Member

Personally not remotely offended.

However, airlines have dress codes, believe it or not. So whilst this was very poorly handled by the flight crew, they did have the right to ask her to cover up or not fly.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I think I’m out of touch with contemporary politics if shoulders are now deemed offensive.

wrightyson
    Free Member

However she has got a touch of “oooo look at me” about her.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

However, airlines have dress codes

Yep, no thongs in the Qantas first class loungin Sydney, for example.

mashr

chewkw

But what if a person double her size does that?

They’ll take up twice as much room, but not have to pay for the extra fuel burned?

DezB
    Free Member

she has got a touch of “oooo look at me”

I can guarantee I would too. (Look) 😀

cinnamon_girl

Classy.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I wish I looked that good on a flight. I usually look trashed.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Classy.

Indeed.
    The top is from Zara.

trailwagger
    Free Member

If the airline ask you to put a jacket on and you want to fly with them, then put a jacket on.

Is it really worthy of national news coverage? It smacks a little of self importance, and attention seeking to me.

bikebouy
    Free Member

However, airlines have dress codes

Yep, no thongs in the Qantas first class loungin Sydney, for example.

On show or underneath clothing?

Same for Male & Female passengers?

I don’t see any problem with her state of dress, I can’t see what the fuss is about 🤷‍♂️

austen

@CaptainFlasheart was that Australian or UK thongs?

wrightyson
    Free Member

It smacks a little of self importance, and attention seeking to me.

Please see

However she has got a touch of “oooo look at me” about her

😂

trailwagger
    Free Member

Oh and apparently she was “left shaking and upset” because of the attention that was drawn to her. She then went home and tweeted all about it.

bob_summers

Apparently wore the same outfit on the return with no problems, so the problem doesn’t seem to be the crew, rather the swiveleyed gammon(s) who kicked up a fuss on the outbound flight perhaps forcing the hand of the crew to implement some weird dresscode rule.

Hopefully brexit will keep some of these people in CenterParks

wrightyson
    Free Member

Surely that photo was on the way home anyway, if it had been taken over here she’d probably be looking a bit nippier colder.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

shoes look a bit clumpy

No problem with those in business class…
    …or so I hear.

funkmasterp

I really don’t understand the weird shit that happens with flights. Dress codes for travel? Why doesn’t the same apply to buses and trains. The bit where the pilot introduces himself is bizarre too. I’d like consistency in my mass transit goddamn it! If Cpt Nick gets to do an introduction I want Dave, who drives the 192, to be given the same opportunity.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Offended? I really try to hold onto more of a pre-2012 sense of the word. I’m offended by people calling me a ****, but not by of a bit of midriff.

As luck would have it, we have rules set out by law in regards to obscenity, the Lady in question is in no danger of falling foul of them, and yes I’m sure Thomas Cook has dress rules, probably to avoid them having to deal with pissed up blokes in Football tops getting a bit over friendly on their aircraft, but like most big corporates, rather then expressly stating them before purchase, they’ll bury them with a load of other caveats to try to minimise their exposure in a 6000 word document constructed of as many clunky ‘legal sounding’ words as possible.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No problem with those in business class…

That photo was in First…

😎

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jeez, is that how much they cram you lot in these days? Was way more room when I used to fly. Mind you, my shoes didn’t take up half the allocated space.

Big baggy trousers and a bra? It does look like she’s just forgotten to put her top on.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was way more room when I used to fly

Those bassinets are deceptively roomy, I gather.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Oh and apparently she was “left shaking and upset” because of the attention that was drawn to her. She then went home and tweeted all about it.

Well they did put an announcement over the PA about her and her clothing. Seems way over the top.

Northwind

Apparently the airline has a policy against travelling in underwear, which seems reasonable. But that’s not underwear. Maybe they thought it was? But the whole shitey way it was handled suggests it’s just bellendry

Purely personally, as far as “look at me” goes I don’t think it’s really a fair comment. I mean, yeah a lot of clothes choice is about how you look, dur, but I don’t see anything that’s shouty or outrageous or particularly attention seeking, it’s really within the spec of Just Wearing Clothes.

(and besides, thinking with my knob for a second if she’s trying to say “look at me” she’s essentially drawing attention away from a rather lovely and characterful face towards a less noteworthy frontage. I can’t say I’d go phwoar or pay her more attention than I would if she was more covered up, she is attractive for the full package and especially for the wee nearly-smile not for the bits she’s “showing off”. I think that top + huge breasts could well be very shouty but this isn’t)

But that’s not underwear. Maybe they thought it was?

To me, that does look like underwear. Perhaps its just the photo though.

Dickyboy

Not sure quite how to put this but I’m pretty sure a lot of blokes would struggle sitting next to my daughter on a flight if she dressed like that, so yes I can understand why there are dress codes for flights. It’s not like you can politely move and sit elsewhere in the cabin.

votchy
    Free Member

However, airlines have dress codes, believe it or not.

Yes, detailled in the small print, but exactly what is appropriate clothing? The dress code says appropriate clothing must be worn but does not give any further detail. her outfit is appropriate for a holiday in the sun, a business suit would be appropriate for first class business flight. The man in t shirt and shorts was appropriately dressed on the same flight!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Would you be offended by this woman’s attire?’ is closed to new replies.