Would you be offended by this woman’s attire?

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Would you be offended by this woman’s attire?
  • Premier Icon rone
    Subscriber

This lady certainly didn’t aim to delay the plane and was never in control of that decision, but the plane crew were.

She’s not in control of the decision but she is responsible by not committing to the T/C of the airline.

dannyh

“Oooooooo. All this lovely attention. Now what do I wear for my appearance on This Morning?”

Premier Icon Pierre
    Subscriber

We’ve got to the third page without mentioning why many airlines might think it’s inappropriate: not for reasons of decency, but IIRC most airlines have guidelines on what it’s not appropriate to wear if the plane has to make an emergency landing. It’s been a REALLY long time since I had a conversation with a flight attendant about it, but it’s more to do with the sort of clothing it might be a good idea to wear if you have to hang about somewhere for a few hours wearing a life jacket. No layers and too much exposed skin means you’ll cool off very quickly, which can be very dangerous.

It’s one of those things like dimming the cabin lights when taxiing, that originates from trying to do things to help more people stay alive in the event of the worst happening.

However, that doesn’t seem to be how it was explained to the girl, and maybe not even how the airline staff saw it either. But it might well have been the reason the airline put guidelines in place in the first place.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I’ve spent half my life wearing stuff out of the ordinary! It’s even got me arrested, one time. But that’s not because I couldn’t justify my clothing choice, it’s because some other people have a problem

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

Larry knows

joshvegas

Northwind come on man…

Don’t leave us hanging…

I would not be offended by this persons clothing but my mum would be.

Then again, the list of things my mum gets offended by is rather long…..

People who talk about their “feelings.”
    People who wear spectacles at the dinner table.
    Wearing jeans at Mass.
    BBQ’s.
    Aeroplanes.
    Draughts coming from an open window.
    Anything that might give her a “bad head.”
    “English people food” like chorley cakes or clotted cream.
    That there “Freddie Mercury”
    “New fangled gadgets” meaning anything useful made after 1983.
    My uncle Jack.
    Girls playing with ANYTHING other than a doll or pram.
    Long hair on “wee boys.”
    Unusual names for children. ie anything she doesnt like and therefore deams “stupid”
    The seat in her car being moved even a nano-metre so someone else can drive….. “EVER!”
    Filling up with petrol (someone else ALWAYS has to do it for her.)
    New places.
    Unusual toilets.
    Food not from M&S.
    Christmas turkeys weighing less than a metric tonne.
    Not being the centre of attention.

Anything I have ever done in my life.

Sorry!….. I might have gone off-topic a little. It was last nights episode of Derry Girls. It brought it all back.

Premier Icon cynic-al
    Subscriber

Safety? Why do I get to fly in shorts then?

She’s not in control of the decision but she is responsible by not committing to the T/C of the airline.

Rules in the small print that are really vague?

Anyway the Grauniad hit the nail on the head, it’s women being told what to wear.

Much more likely to be offended by knobbers on this thread than anything a women wears.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

People who wear spectacles at the dinner table.

Hang on, how am I supposed to see what I’m eating?

CountZero

Anyway the Grauniad hit the nail on the head, it’s women being told what to wear.

Does Thomas Cook have a Saudi holding company? That might explain things…

Simon_Semtex…. Your mum sounds awesome.
    Can I adopt her?

Nico

Did they not have freezing air conditioning on her flight?

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Hang on, how am I supposed to see what I’m eating?

Wear your glasses. Just not at the same table as Simon_Semtex’s mum.

Is it really worthy of national news coverage? It smacks a little of self importance, and attention seeking to me.

Wheres theres blame, theres a claim….

I think in the end of the day, it probably wasn’t clver on both sides.

“Excuse me, we have clothing rules on this flight”

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t realisise, I’ll put a jumper on”

Is in the end of the day what should have happened. Sounds like she kicked up a fuss and now is on national news complaining. Don’t pick a fight with people that can delay/divert an aircraft, basically.

piha

I think it has been claimed the airline does not have a dress code.

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

@piha, Pierre up there covered the main reasons why up there. Also their plane their rules and once the doors are closed and taxiing it really is the aircrew in charge. Too much strop from the passenger and the big cable ties come out.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

No but Haway stick a T-Shirt on it’s a plane not a night club.

Tallpaul

a business suit would be appropriate for first class business flight

Yes, possibly on the Hindenburg c1936. Back in the 21st century, first and business class are full of right scruffs!

Regarding the young lady – absolutely nothing indecent/offensive about her outfit. Agreed she’d definitely be too cold at some point though.

taxi25

“Excuse me, we have clothing rules on this flight”

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t realisise, I’ll put a jumper on”

Wouldn’t life be easy if everyone could be so sensible.

Premier Icon rone
    Subscriber

Rules in the small print that are really vague?

Hence why she was told.

Premier Icon rone
    Subscriber

In common with most airlines, we have an appropriate clothing policy. This applies equally to men and women of all ages without discrimination.

BBC

Mister P

it’s more to do with the sort of clothing it might be a good idea to wear if you have to hang about somewhere for a few hours wearing a life jacket. No layers and too much exposed skin means you’ll cool off very quickly, which can be very dangerous

So a man wearing T-shirt, shorts and flip flops would also be asked to don more clothing in the name of safety? If this is true why aren’t we all asked to bring a pac-a-mac and a bobble hat?

Nico

So a man wearing T-shirt, shorts and flip flops

A thong, Shirley?

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

So a man wearing T-shirt, shorts and flip flops would also be asked to don more clothing in the name of safety? If this is true why aren’t we all asked to bring a pac-a-mac and a bobble hat?

We all know that a flimsy cotton layer is the difference between life and death when you’re floating around the ocean in a life raft for days. You can unravel it to make a fishing line. Fold it into a turban. Strain your wee through it prior to drinking. The uses are endless.

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.