Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • Would you be offended by this woman’s attire?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

Could a gentleman wear her outfit on a flight? Would that cross dress code boundaries? I’d still not be offended though.

kelvin

You can see how a tshirt might be fine, but a man without any top, or a women in a bikini top, might be viewed otherwise. Neither would “offend” me, but having a minimum dress code on a flight (or in a pub or restaurant) is absolutely fine with me… as long as it’s set out clearly.

kerley
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be offended if everyone was on the plane naked but then I don’t get offended by what people wear or don’t wear. However, I realise the world doesn’t run on what I get offended by and if it did it would be a much more liberal place.

zippykona

I would rather a lady dressed like that than the pissed up rugby fans I had to endure going to Malta.

TiRed

I am offended that someone was offended by her attire. I’d have expressed my dissatisfaction with the original person taking offence. She was on a flight to a sunny holiday.

Jeans in business class will be next. It’s a slippery slope.

binners

but exactly what is appropriate clothing?

My standard travelling attire – Speedo’s, string vest, Panama hat and wellies is just what i feel comfortable in

Flashy has a different standard, I understand….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkjidE0WnAI

epicyclo

I have lived in the tropics.

That looks like formal wear.

vt612
    Free Member

reminds me of those footballers who wear gloves with short sleeve tops. Are you cold or not?!

If she is soooooooo hot that she literally can not wear anything else other than that tiny, almost bra of a top, then why isn’t she wearing shorts?

She knew it was provocative, she thought she might get away with it, and she didn’t.

And no, I am not offended, she looks lovely.

piha
    Free Member

Not sure quite how to put this but I’m pretty sure a lot of blokes would struggle sitting next to my daughter on a flight if she dressed like that, so yes I can understand why there are dress codes for flights. It’s not like you can politely move and sit elsewhere in the cabin.

Doesn’t that say more about “a lot of blokes” rather than they way people dress?

precutduck
    Free Member

I am offended that someone was offended by her attire. I’d have expressed my dissatisfaction with the original person taking offence. She was on a flight to a sunny holiday.
    Jeans in business class will be next. It’s a slippery slope.

mashr

Not sure quite how to put this but I’m pretty sure a lot of blokes would struggle sitting next to my daughter on a flight if she dressed like that

Struggle with what?

slowoldman

Not sure quite how to put this but I’m pretty sure a lot of blokes would struggle sitting next to my daughter on a flight if she dressed like that,

Eh? Why?

retro83
    Free Member

I don’t personally care what she wears but you can imagine an older person or somebody of a religion valuing ‘modesty’ might find it offensive.

DrJ

I am always surprised to see wimminfolk dressed up for flights – tight skirt etc. I’d have thought it would be excruciatingly uncomfortable after about 10 minutes. Much more appropriate to wear a bra and baggy trousers!

franksinatra

Not sure quite how to put this but I’m pretty sure a lot of blokes would struggle sitting next to my daughter on a flight if she dressed like that

So you think if your daughter dressed like that men may get overly excited and make a mess? Yep, totally her fault….

Thanks for that Mr President.

DezB
    Free Member

Quote of the day! 😆
    Images of furiously masturbating men on flights, or a woman who can’t keep her arms under control… Which is it!?!

Dickyboy

Eh? Why?

Oh, just by going on the attention she gets when she’s out with us fully covered up & obviously with her parents and knowing what she has to put up with when she’s on her own, all because she’s a young woman with big breasts.

taxi25
    Free Member

I really don’t understand the weird shit that happens with flights. Dress codes for travel? Why doesn’t the same apply to buses and trains. 

Try getting on a bus in Spain like I did without a shirt on 😳

Dickyboy

Perhaps I used the wrong word, maybe uncomfortable being sat in close proximity would be a better way of putting it… Not sure where the masturbating came into it, maybe it’s you with the problem?

Mister-P
    Free Member

because she’s a young woman with big breasts.

As long as her big breasts weren’t hogging the armrest I fail to see the issue.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s why I can’t get on aeroplanes. They announce it over the tannoy n everything.

piha
    Free Member

Dickyboy

….maybe uncomfortable being sat in close proximity…..

Wowsers!

Maybe the wimmins should have their own sealed off area in planes? Maybe we could extend gender segregation zones to more aspects of public life?

Just so men don’t need to feel uncomfortable….!!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Would have thought bare shoulders are ok ?

Would have thought a bare midriff is ok ?

And we know bare arms are ok ?

So what’s the problem ??

I don’t know …. but it’s their plane and their rules… so cover up sweet cheeks and stop with the whining …. you should be so lucky to be going on hols.

taxi25
    Free Member

Offended by it? No

Think it’s not entirely appropriate for a flight? Yes

I’ve seen other photos of the girl so kinda agree with this. But it definitely appears that the situation was badly handled.
    But again this thread does show how little empathy some posters have on here for other people. We’re all different and if putting an extra garment on for a couple of hours makes others feel more comfortable then why not.

globalti
    Free Member

In the depths of winter in the middle of Tunis I saw two Russian women dressed like that, with acres of burned, wrinkled flabby flesh and sagging dugs on display while every Tunisian was modestly attired in dark, thick winter clothing. It definitely caused me offence. But the girl pictured, no.

DezB
    Free Member

sagging dugs on display
    Disgusting

DrJ

I think we need a picture of globalti in order to judge if he should be seen in public!

RustySpanner

No, not in the slightest.

DezB
    Free Member

I think we need a picture of globalti

I’ve heard women struggle to sit next to him on planes…

Daffy

I too always find flights too warm, but I have so far restrained from stripping to my boxes.

senorj

No ,but I can guarantee little j would ask ,in A VeRy LoUD voice, “why does the lady only have a bra on”.

easily
    Free Member

She’d be alright if she was American – they have a right to bare arms.

johnx2
    Free Member

so cover up sweet cheeks

to be fair, I usually cover mine.

Northwind

vt612

If she is soooooooo hot that she literally can not wear anything else other than that tiny, almost bra of a top, then why isn’t she wearing shorts?

She’s wearing loose fitting, cool looking trousers- have you ever been to hot countries and noticed how literally everyone wears shorts all the time? No? Correct.

And besides, why would it even matter? It’s not about whether she’s sooooooo hot, it’s about not bloody telling other people what they can or can’t wear for no good reason. You don’t need to be able to justify your clothes. Thank god!

funkmasterp

reminds me of those footballers who wear gloves with short sleeve tops. Are you cold or not?!

I pretty much wear short sleeves year round, but will also wear gloves. Strangely my hands get a damned sight colder than my forearms and elbows. If you’re forearms are feeling the cold to the same degree as your fingers I think you’re basically broken.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

have lived in the tropics.

That looks like formal wear.

+1

You don’t need to be able to justify your clothes. Thank god!

Totes turning up to my next flight with a few bits of strategically placed gaffer tape on then!

rone

Not relevant what we think – it’s Thomas Cook’s airline and if you want to take off you do as they say.

Why delay a plane unnecessarily?

(Sounds like a staff training issue though.)

I would rather a lady dressed like that than the pissed up rugby fans I had to endure going to Malta.

That would be my sort of nightmare.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’d rather see her than listen to a bunch of pissed up Scousers/Glaswegians/etc.
    Oh & squawking kids of course, those things wind me up.

Northwind

rone

Why delay a plane unnecessarily?

That question directed at Thomas Cook? This lady certainly didn’t aim to delay the plane and was never in control of that decision, but the plane crew were.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

You don’t need to be able to justify your clothes.

Try wearing something out of the ‘ordinary’. Then someone will usually be along shortly to tell you why you should. Often the same type of person who will also project/infer motivations for why you chose to wear those clothes. These proclaimed ‘motivations’ will not normally be complimentary 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Would you be offended by this woman’s attire?’ is closed to new replies.