Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Work stand recommendation
  • beanieripper
    Free Member

So I’m looking for a work stand. Borrowed be a Park pcs 10.2 which was nice but big, heavy and a bit awkward to open, nice but a bit more than I would like to spend. £100 budget really. I’m thinking it’s a generic Aldi type eBay job or a pcs 9.2 at £150 (over budget) Is anything else in-between just a waste of money?? What have you got??

northernmatt

Lidl one for £30 a few years back. Does the job. Only whinge is the legs take up a lot of space as there’s 4 of them. It’s similar to the Jobsworth one that PlanetX do.

I’d prefer one like the PCS9.2 you mention to be honest.

bigginge

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago. Turned up in about two days and is a significant step up from the one I had before (which is pretty much identical to the Planet X jobsworth one), much more convenient to use and can actually hold my bikes at the angle I want when clamping the seat post rather than just flopping down.

I’m not sure how it would compare to the park one as I’ve only ever seen their workshop stands, which are in a different league price and performance wise.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393067058992

deltacharlie72
    Free Member

I did keep checking back on that thread you’d posted in @bigginge. I just assumed you hadn’t received it yet.

Looks like they were popular!

beanieripper
    Free Member

Looks good, out of stock though…

chrishc777
    Free Member

I did one of these threads a few weeks ago

The Feedback pro-elite came out on top and I ordered one. It is an awesome bit of kit and would recommend

Starbike was the cheapest and I didn’t get stung with any brexit vat eu blah blah fees by the courier either

Edit: I previously had a semi-cheapo eBay one which lasted 6 years but now I have a decent one I realise how shoddy the old one was. I did use it successfully for 6 years though

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Work stand recommendation’ is closed to new replies.