• This topic has 3,241 replies, 240 voices, and was last updated 7 hours ago by johnx2.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 3,242 total)
  • Wordle
  • easily
    Free Member

Sweardle day 14 3/4
    ⬛⬛⬛🟩
    🟩⬛⬛🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩

https://sweardle.com/

jimdubleyou

Wordle 216 5/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
    🟨⬛🟩⬛⬛
    ⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛
    ⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler:
    Yes Wordle, that’s exactly what you are…
    nickjb
    Free Member

Playing my hunches after yesterday, rather than well chosen words.

Wordle 216 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Houns

Wordle 216 3/6*

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
    ⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

welshfarmer

Wordle 216 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
    🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Easy

Sweardle day 14 4/4
    ⬛🟩⬛⬛
    ⬛🟩⬛⬛
    ⬛🟩⬛⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩

https://sweardle.com/

Much harder!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Wordle 216 4/6

⬜⬜🟧⬜⬜
    ⬜🟦⬜🟦⬜
    ⬜🟧🟧🟦⬜
    🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

reluctantjumper

Wordle 216 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
    🟨🟩🟩⬜🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

It’s like it was taunting me for the second word I used 🤣

blokeuptheroad

Wordle 216 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

It’s like it was taunting me for the second word I used 🤣

😄 It’s difficult not to take it personally

kerley
    Free Member

Wordle 216 3/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
    🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

It really is just luck isn’t it. Okay there were only 3 places left for each of the two letters from very first guess but to then just guess award with those two letters in from what must be loads of options is nothing but luck.

FuzzyWuzzy

Wordle 216 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Close…

Harry_the_Spider

Shabba!

Wordle 216 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

sadexpunk

Wordle 216 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler:
    twas a lovely feeling to see _RICK come up on my second guess after just getting a C in the wrong place for starters. overthought it tho, should have gone with the first word that came to mind, but oh no, i had to sit and ponder over the other possibilities didnt i 😀
    i thought its slightly sweary (altho it isnt really) so went for the others first grrrr.
    jam-bo

Wordle 216 3/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
    ⬛🟩🟩🟨⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

oldtennisshoes

Wordle 216 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I think I spent too long in front of the mirror this morning.

longdog
    Free Member

4th today, should have been 3rd, but avoided the obvious 🙄

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wordle 216 4/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
    ⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
    🟨⬛⬛⬛🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yeah, really hard work given how much info I had after 3 guesses.

bearnecessities

Beginner’s luck.

Wordle 216 2/6

⬛🟨⬛🟩⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

jimmy

Wordle 216 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
    🟩⬛🟩⬛⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Wordle 216 3/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟨🟩⬜🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Is anyone actually interested in other peoples results??

danposs86

Took a punt on a word, it paid off

Wordle 216 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
    🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

p7eaven
    Free Member

It really is just luck isn’t it

60% skillz 🚬😎 (ask me again when/if I first fail)

Wordle 216 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I’m interested in stevenmenmuir’s results.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Happy to get this one in 3 🙂

Wordle 216 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

sadexpunk

i guess maybe not so much, most are 3 or 4 guesses so quickly scrolled past. it still amazes me tho that some can get it in 2 (done it once myself), and in rare cases 1.

id much rather it showed the actual guesses hidden behind spoilers, so you could see peoples thought processes.

johnners
    Free Member

id much rather it showed the actual guesses hidden behind spoilers, so you could see peoples thought processes.

I’d love to know why some people put letters where they’re obviously wrong – where they’ve a green block then next turn they put a different letter in that position! See stevenmenmuir, reluctantjumper, onzadog and hexhamstu for example.

johnx2
    Free Member

So I tried it for the first time today and got it in three. Assumed this reflected my natural genius and talent with words (do the guardian cryptic from time to time partially and sloooowly), and came on here to post in triumph, only to find… I’ll now slink away again.

thols2

I’d love to know why some people put letters where they’re obviously wrong – where they’ve a green block then next turn they put a different letter in that position!

You can eliminate a lot of letter on your first two guesses. Makes it difficult to solve in 3, but is a safe strategy to ensure you can solve it. For example, if you use IDEAS and GROUT in your first two guesses, you’ve covered all the vowels plus some very high frequency consonants. Eliminating letters is important too.

Onzadog
    Free Member

@johnners
    My yellows went green but I didn’t have green to yellow. I might have done in the past but it’s more about the letters you don’t know than the ones you do.

However, if I don’t get much info from the first guess then the second will be all new letters. Today was 3 different words to check 15 letters.

Agree that including the users words behind a spoiler is probably more use/interest to others.

Spoiler:
    MOIST
    BEARD
    CLUNK
    PRICK

What would be really good, would be if the following day, when the word was no longer in place, the spoiler removed to show the guesses.

johnners
    Free Member

My yellows went green but I didn’t have green to yellow

Sorry, I must have scanned the thread in haste!
    I think I understand the idea behind putting a wilfully wrong guess but to me, putting a word you know for certain is wrong to try and glean another couple of letters just seems a waste.

richardkennerley

Wordle 216 2/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I’m not sure what it says about me that I managed to guess today’s word so easily from having just one letter in the correct position 🤣🤦‍♂️

fasthaggis

Takes one to know one 😉

Aidy
    Free Member

I think I understand the idea behind putting a wilfully wrong guess but to me, putting a word you know for certain is wrong to try and glean another couple of letters just seems a waste.

Think of it the other way around. You have 5 letters in which to gain more information, limiting that to two or three is wasteful.

nickjb
    Free Member

You are trading getting new letters against getting the right position for letters you have. I don’t think it makes much difference in this, it’s far more significant in absurdle, if anyone is playing that.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’d love to know why some people put letters where they’re obviously wrong – where they’ve a green block then next turn they put a different letter in that position!

Eliminating letters, especially vowel sounds, can tell you more about the word than you think.

Spoiler:
    I now always use AUDIO and then STYLE as my two opening guesses to eliminate all the vowel sound including Y.
    Today that identified that the word only contains a single vowel.

Given that it’s a vowel sound which is almost never doubled up (like OO or EE commonly are) then that narrows the likely structure of the word to either :

consonant, repeated vowel, consonant, repeated vowel, consonant e.g. RIGID

or two letter phoneme, vowel, two letter phoneme eg STICK

Couldn’t be either of those though because I already eliminated S,T and D.

pondo

Cor, gets a bit nervy when you’re down yo your last guess! 🙂

Word #21 (🇺🇸) – 6/6

🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛
    🟩🟨⬛⬛⬛
    🟩⬛🟨🟩⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I think it’s probably a good job there’s only one a day… 🙂

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Sorry, I must have scanned the thread in haste!

I did it to be clever and make sure I got it in 3. Upon reflection this wasn’t that clever and I should have gone for glory.

hels
    Free Member

I was a bit annoyed with it this morning – I had the word earlier but thought they would not use that word so went for more innocent words. I got Sweardle fast though!

johnners
    Free Member

I’m not sure what it says about me that I managed to guess today’s word so easily from having just one letter in the correct position

Well, according to one puzzle solver I’ve just looked at there are 858 possibles if you’ve got only that second letter so it means you’re lucky!

DrP

Wordle 216 3/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
    🟩🟨🟨🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Chuckle!!

DrP

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Wordle 216 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🙊

pondo

How come my word is different to everyone else’s?

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 3,242 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.