Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 3,165 total)
  • Wordle
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Has anyone else jumped on this hype train yet?

Wordle 202 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

didnthurt

Tried and completed my first the other day. It was ok and will probably do another.

dantsw13

Yes – my wife is very competitive about it, but I generally beat her 🙂

WillH

I like it. I like the fact that it’s just one puzzle a day – addictive without taking up much of your time.

Wordle 202 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

scotroutes

I’ve already un-followed three different folk on Twitter who were posting this shit every day.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve already un-followed three different folk on Twitter who were posting this shit every day.

Haha!

shermer75
    Free Member

So much anger! What you need is a nice quiz..

Harry_the_Spider

My twitter feed is clogged with this shit too. Once I’ve finished blocking everyone who bangs on about The Beatles I’ll be starting on these.

FB-ATB

my wife is very competitive about it, but I generally beat her

No need to resort to violence

shermer75
    Free Member

Wordle 203 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
    ⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
    ⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Tenuous
    Free Member

Wordle 203 4/6

🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
    ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
    ⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Not sure I want to get into some sort of competition with the wife over it though :p

thecaptain
    Free Member

Is it supposed to be interesting or a test of some sort of ability? It seems like basically guesswork. I suppose a harmless waste of time like so many other games. I got one of them in three and today took 5. Lots of possibilities (well not so many by the time I’d got to the 5th guess today, but up to that point…)

sadexpunk

must be missing something……

thought id take a look, it gave 3 clues. showed it started with a W and said it was in the right place. so i kept guessing words starting with W. answer was CRAMP or something?

richardkennerley

It’s Lingo on ITV weekday afternoons

johnners
    Free Member

thought id take a look, it gave 3 clues

You were looking at the examples from the “how to play” section. They’re not clues.

greyspoke
    Free Member

So the person who shouts “Wordlewang” first on social media is the day’s winner? What happens with time zones?

sadexpunk

You were looking at the examples from the “how to play” section. They’re not clues.

dohhhhh. so there arent any clues at all then? you just start off with any old 5 letter word and work from there?

EDIT: mebbes i should just look at the rules first 😀

jimmy

Someone want to explain?

johnners
    Free Member

you just start off with any old 5 letter word and work from there?

That’s it, yes. Apparently the best way to start is with a word of 5 different letters, including 3 vowels.

jimmy

Oh I see now

supernova

Version that you can play continuously rather than once a day (I think someone here suggested it before):

http://foldr.moe/hello-wordl/

shermer75
    Free Member

Things I like about Wordle is that it is deliberately not click bait- there’s no ads, no app to download (therefore no attempt to send you notifications) and there is a one word a day limit- so less phone time and better mental health. As the creator Josh Wardle (geddit?) says  
    “It’s not trying to do anything shady with your data or your eyeballs … It’s just a game that’s fun.”

shermer75
    Free Member

Wordle 204 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
    🟩🟨⬜⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

sadexpunk

oooh did todays in 4

Spoiler:
    wasnt sure if you could use the same letter twice, now i know you can but theres no way of knowing until you try it
    Klunk
    Free Member

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

On that linked version they sometimes use the same letter twice but there is no way of telling

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Is that linked version fixed?

I have just had 5 goes and got 2 in 2 guesses and 3 in three guesses. I start each go with SPACE as it uses A, E & S which are fairly commonly used letters. Depending what the result of that is I try to use the some of the remaining vowels.

This was the last game. Before that I had NERVE is 3 goes, LEASE in 2 and I can’t remember the other two words but they both only took 3 goes.

Either I am psychic or there is some kind of fix I suspect. Anyone else find it suspiciously easy?

thols2

I think SPACE is just a really good word to start with. I tried using DIARY and LEAST, but SPACE seems to really work well. I think the P and C are really effective to have on the first attempt.

sadexpunk

Im using STARE as I think e, r, s and t are really common.

crazy-legs

STARE is excellent. I tend to use TRAIN as a starting point, again for the vowels and common consonants.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve been using TIGER, might switch to one of the 3 vowel options tho..

reluctantjumper

Been doing this for a while now, something to do while having my morning cup of tea. Twice now I’ve guessed the word on the first try! Only ha done fail so far, more down to luck than anything.

Nice little story on it from the Guardian.. Harmless fun without being bombarded with ads, I like it.

welshfarmer

It is a lot easier to get the answer when you realise you are allowed to use the sae letter twice!

gauss1777
    Free Member

STARE is excellent. I tend to use TRAIN as a starting point, again for the vowels and common consonants.

Started this yesteday following this thread and having seen it mentioned in the Guardian a couple of days ago – I worry I’m the most suggestible person ever!

I used SWEAT both times, each with success. My gut feeling was for 2 vowels, not persuaded yet with the 3 vowel suggestion. I guess TEARS (or STARE) may be a better starting word.

Mastermind has always been a favourite of mine.

bob_summers

I’m on twitter naughty step because I tweeted the answer. It was my first one and I got it in 3, gushed about it on twitter without realising everyone gets the same word, thought they were all different. Lesson learned: nobody needs to be tweeting about wordle

miketually
    Free Member

It’s a great way to find people who don’t understand that you can mute words on Twitter.

shermer75
    Free Member

Wordle 205 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
    ⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Harry_the_Spider

nobody needs to be tweeting about wordle

Or The ****ing Beatles.

haloric
    Free Member

You can also start with SOARE if you want to swap a T for another vowel.

By not using any of the letters you discover on the first guess as part of the 2nd guess, you can normally get very close if not exact on the third.

northernmatt
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 3,165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.