Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • anagallis_arvensis

Duckman you are right, just in relative terms Evans was lightening quick. One of the quickest (and best) wingers of his era.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQvBcPgq8q4[/video]
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPkOyPtOwVc[/video]

IdleJon

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Ospreys pack looking very, very strong tonight.

Adam deserved his little sit down, though.

He should have had a second yellow for kicking the ball through from offside, resulting in red. Perhaps even for a slightly earlier penalty when he flopped over the ball. Imo he was pulled off the pitch before he caused a disaster…

Pigface
    Free Member

The ref running interference in Ieuans try against Scotland 😆

He was lightening quick.

Pigface
    Free Member

😯 TJ aint going to be happy with that performance Embra were humiliated. Stand by for angry invective from the exile 😆

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Patchy as hell Melon,going to sleep like that will eventually cost ulster.

Agree with this but we have won 6 from 6 and still haven’t played that well. Someone is going to be on the receiving end of a thumping from Ulster shortly. I’m very hopeful that we will do well this year.

Exeter looking good so far against the champs.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Oh embra….please won’t you think of tj 😯

duckman

Sheesh, that result makes me pleased he cannot vent directly. Only joking teej. (Raises glass of Orkney Blonde to the east)

anagallis_arvensis

Another good result for Gavin Henson’s London Welsh yesterday 😳

Pigface
    Free Member

How the hell did LW qualify for any European competition? Just pointless.

anagallis_arvensis

God knows, playing the majority of their second team didnt work out too well did it. Dont suppose they care. Others get a rest.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Was at the Edinburgh match yesterday. Awful does not cover it, could not pass, catch, tackle or make an intelligent decision. Sarries looked ok but then it was easy to look good against Edinburgh yesterday. At least things can only get better….i hope

anagallis_arvensis

unleash the hammer!!!

anagallis_arvensis

couple of clueless commentators obviously have no idea that Navidi is really a 7

anagallis_arvensis

have that you two useless **** of commentators

bawbag
    Free Member

I was at the Edinburgh game as well. Just embarrassing. Watching their hooker chase down our scrum half and catch him summed it up.

anagallis_arvensis

Cuthbert 4Lions

Pigface
    Free Member

TJ is not happy 😆

Hi

dunno if this will work but

Jeremy

Oh dear –

anagallis_arvensis

Cipriani4Lions

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cipriani4Lions

I agree.

anagallis_arvensis

god the blues are shite

IdleJon

Seriously, Cipriani for the Lions? When the standout midfield player for Sale prior to Cips coming onto the field was Tony Buckley?

But having said that, Cips looks godlike compared to skill of Ollie ‘Kick It Straight To The Fullback’ Barkley, so maybe you’ve got a point.

Let’s wait until Cipriani has big players hitting him, and no time to make decisions before bigging him up, eh?

wrecker
    Free Member

And, he’s only had one good game (today) McLeod has looked far better all season. Mind you, as said before we’re not spoilt for choice at 10 for the lions.

Pigface
    Free Member

If he goes on the Lions tour I would be amazed, one good half in 2 years!

anagallis_arvensis

Seriously, Cipriani for the Lions

no, but having said that he did a lot well today fair play to him, but as said, the Blues are shite

anagallis_arvensis

so the Lions currently
    1/2p
    Cuthbert
    Davies
    Roberts
    Cipriani
    North
    Phillips
    Ryan Jones
    Ferris (seeing as Lydiate is broken)
    Tipuric
    Bradley Davies
    AW Jones
    Adam Jones
    A Token Scot
    Jenkins

seems fair to me

Pigface
    Free Member

Is that Alan Token or Alistair Token? 😉

anagallis_arvensis

In the context of a defeat of such embarrassing proportions, a penalty kicked from inside his own half is an irrelevance. In the context of Gavin Henson’s path back to rugby redemption, however, the mighty strike represented another step forward for the 30-year-old stand-off. Making his second start for the Exiles, Henson again impressed

Saracens were 25-16 ahead and in cruise control with six minutes to go when Henson, whose main influence on the game had been through his kicking, both off the floor and out of hand, transformed an unexceptional afternoon with what has become a rarity in the Premiership: a jaw-dropping moment. Like a midfielder in football threading a defence-splitting, scoring pass through a knot of bodies, so Henson confounded the tightest defence in the Premiership with his skill and audacity.

The 30-year-old was behind his 10-metre line, having gained some ground through a poor return of his own kick, and nothing looked on as he ran from left to right. Suddenly, without appearing to look, he floated a long pass to the wing Nick Scott. The ball travelled 25 metres, out of reach of the defence, and Scott caught it in stride, running over halfway and linking with his fellow wing, Phil Mackenzie, who had scored the opening try of the game seven minutes in.

so maybe I should include him rather than Cipriani?

surfer
    Free Member

All looked sadly familiar at 27 to 12 when sale had thrown away two opportunities early on. Having said that Sale always looked like they could score tries against the blues whether mcleod or cipriani were on the pitch. their passing today was better than I have seen all season. Keep it in perspective but it’s a confidence builder for a sale side that wouldn’t give in 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

That lions team is hilarious.

duckman

A-A; Roberts? Why are Sale so fragile, that is some team on paper yet they were pretty grim yesterday. Dogged it out in the end fair enough, but Cardiff took them apart for large parts of the game.

When the standout midfield player for Sale prior to Cips coming onto the field was Tony Buckley?

Ouch!

IdleJon

surfer – Member

Having said that Sale always looked like they could score tries against the blues whether mcleod or cipriani were on the pitch.

I don’t want to be rude, but Olchfa U12s could have scored tries against Cardiff. Their appalling defence was just one of the many areas that needs sorting. Even from first phase ball their defence was easily disorganised. (It’s just occurred to me, were different players using different defensive systems?)

Cardiff seem to have got the old Ospreys disease – they are relying on a handful of good finishers to cover up a lack of organisation everywhere else.

duckman

Cuthbert has packed a bit of bulk on since last year,how long is he tied to Cardiff?

anagallis_arvensis

Too long for bis liking I’m sure.
    Wrecker I put a lot of time and thought into that Lions team to make sure each country is fairly represented accordi.g to their talent.
    I note the mighty Sheridan is keeping Gethin out of the Toulon team, any chance of him being recalled by england?

wrecker
    Free Member

No. I think he’s had his day. It’s probably in his interest as he’s suffered with injuries. Not playing international games will probably prolong his career.

I do love the lions tours, it’s such a fantastic rugby tradition and I shall support the team whatever crazy selections are made.
    Unless I feel England are underrepresented. Then I’ll spit the dummy and go on dirty protest 😀

More seriously, I don’t think any of us can be surprised when there’s a quite even spread of players from all nations in the test side. Gats isn’t stupid. The Lions are for all of us.

duckman

Surely being the only home nation to have beaten a S/H team in the Summer tests we should have a better representation in the Lions than the less successful nations?

wrecker
    Free Member

You seem to be forgetting the small issue of the spoon, wooden. Also, weren’t a lot of the Scottish national team playing for Edinburgh vs Saracens on saturday? 😀

anagallis_arvensis

boys on the naaughty step this week

god alone knows what the ref was looking at in the first one

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cipriani for Lions (or England) – NFW, non tackling party boy

Was at Quinns v Biarritz, hats off to the Quinns coaching staff, after a bit of wobble they changed a few things and dominated the game. I’m sure it would have been a bit different with Yachvilli and Haronordigy (excuse spelling) but they were well worth the bonus point win.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.