Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • Tom-B
    Free Member

Have we had a comment from the Embra one about Fridays result?:-)

Pigface
    Free Member

Nothing has come through to me to post

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can we please fire up the Optimismo-Drive and see what he says?

Pigface
    Free Member

I will send him a mail

Pigface
    Free Member

He is most probably dumbstruck by those shirts they were modelling 😯

Pigface
    Free Member

From the Exile

Sometimes its just shite being Scots / Edinburgh rugby fan. I didn’t see the game but the Edinburgh result sounds utter crap. I want the Italians to win games – in the Rabo, HC and 6N – but please can they beat someone else occasionally? FFS we are better than that. Something is badly wrong when the team play so poorly and with so little pride.

Seriously Edinburgh need to be given a huge kick up the bum. Sounds like they really were not motivated and ready for it at all and despite a reffing performance from hell deserved to lose. Treviso hungrier and well up for it.

Thats Edinburgh out of the running in the rabo now. Lets just hope they can pick themselves up for the forthcoming HC games – gonna have to win all home games, most away and pick up bonus points to go thru. No more than one loss in the group is acceptable. Glasgow going a bit better tho with a decent away win

As for the Scotland shirt – it designed to make Chunk look like an athlete by “slimming” his gut – and its failed at that. Really – who on earth thought that was a good idea.

As usual as a scots fan we veer wildly between optimism and pessimism – and now I think we are heading for a wooden spoon in the 6N and will get gubbed by NZ in the autumn. Of course the team have to say they can win – and they can having beaten other southern hemisphere teams in recent years. You cannot go into a game thinking you will lose. However I bet Robbo selects a team full of bulky plodders to try to keep the score down rather than teh young attacking guys we have. If you see Morrrison and Shlong on the teamsheet you know we will not score tries. I bet Robbo does it tho. I would rather Scotland took it to them and lost 50 – 20 than defended all day and lost 25 – 3

Rugby championship – well done argentina. Not outclassed at all, a couple of near misses and they can hold their heads up high. A worthy addition the the contest but NZ are looking rather good are they not.

Pigface
    Free Member

and another 😀

It’s SHITE being Scots fan!
    We’re the lowest of the low.
    The scum of the six nations!
    The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into the game.
    Some hate the opponents. I don’t. They’re just Italians.
    We, on the other hand, are BEATEN by Italians.
    Can’t even find a decent team to be beaten BY.
    The SRU are effete assholes.
    It’s a SHITE state of affairs to be in,Tommy, and ALL the flying dutchmen and saffers in the world won’t make any fricking difference!

With apologies to Renton / Irvine Walsh

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

designed to make Chunk look like an athlete… Really – who on earth thought that was a good idea.

🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good to see he’s still got the anger!

Pigface
    Free Member

Richie McCaw won his 100th test match when the Kiwis beat the Boks the other day 😯 that is an incredible stat.

I know Flasy thinks he is a cheat as do many but IMO he is one of the greatest players the game has ever seen.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I know Flasy thinks he is a cheat as do many but IMO he is one of the greatest players the game has ever seen.

Both of these things are true! 🙂

Flankers HAVE to cheat, basically. It’s more the way they are reffed that’s the issue…!

duckman

Flankers HAVE to cheat, basically. It’s more the way they are reffed that’s the issue…!

He is head and shoulders above anybody; I would consider myself a decent ref,yet I rarely spot him. When he retires he needs to write a book and explain how he does it.We all know he kills ball, obstructs and leaves his hands in,but nobody reads a ref better than him. For example, I like a quick game and tend to ping tacklers who don’t get out of the way.I think he is good enough to see what the players are getting away with that day and adapts his game to it. Still, Hiney cup this weekend, woo-hoo!

Pigface
    Free Member

Talking of Hiney cup some musings from the banished one

Heineken cup this weekend and we have a tasty match up Edinburgh V Saracens. For Edinburgh its a must win game to salvage their season after a poor start. They must do well in the HC and to get out of this group we must win all our home games preferably with bonus points and most of our away games.

We see a clash of styles with Edinburghs fast attacking game against Sarries more defensive territorial game.

Some fascinating individual matchups and the clash of the back rows will be key and a great contest. Edinburgh need quick ball – hopefully the ref will ref the rucks very tightly. If Edinburgh can get that quick ball then tehy should be able to have sarries chasing pahntoms all over the pitch, if its turns into an arm wrestle sarries will win

Watch out for

Denton V Brown

MacVisser V Ashton

Ford V Brits

Scamper
    Free Member

Anyway, enough of half arsed regional rugby and Henson watch. 😉

Interesting initial selection of grounds for 2015WC. I can see where they are coming from and a few clubs play in footy stadiums after all. But a lot of soul will be missing.

Back in 1991 USA were being thumped by NZ at Kingsholm and a player was sent crashing into the hordings and was curled up in pain. An old timer leant over the barrier, removed his pipe and in his west country drawl quietly suggested “get up son, this is Kingsholm”

wrecker
    Free Member

What on earth are Saracens playing at?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/9599355/Edinburgh-reject-Saracens-proposal-to-play-Heineken-Cup-match-in-Cape-Town.html

Not only are they playing horrible percentage rugby, now they want to further alienate fans by playing a HC game in South Africa. Why would Edinburgh ever agree to it? What makes sarries think that the saffas would want to watch either team? If Mr Saracens want a south african team, why doesn’t he go and get one and stop trying to make another “exiles”?

loum
    Free Member

It’s old, but still true…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsOuBdkSL8U&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

IdleJon

Scamper – Member

Anyway, enough of half arsed regional rugby and Henson watch.

Interesting initial selection of grounds for 2015WC. I can see where they are coming from and a few clubs play in footy stadiums after all. But a lot of soul will be missing.

An average football pitch is narrower than an average rugby pitch.

That plays into the hands of the teams whose game is based more on defence than a wide attack.

Now what sort of game will the hosts be playing?
    😉

duckman

Awful Glaws game last night, Hazel would have got 2-4 weeks for those punches…half hearted knee drop has doubled that.What a crap way to start the European rugby, an empty ground with the current worst team in France.

anagallis_arvensis

not enough Henson on this thread:
    https://twitpic.com/b2u2ni

Pigface
    Free Member

The scary thing about that Henson clip is how empty the Stadium is.

Ospreys should get by Treviso tonight. My plethora of teams in various sports are doing well so they had better keep it up.

Glaws are saying Hazel was gouged and will make official complaint.

wrecker
    Free Member

4600 attendance for that game although many were sarries fans as its not too far for them to travel. The sale game will be watched by 3 men and a dog.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Looking forward to Biarritz tomorrow, will be breaking an informal pledge never to watch a game at the Stoop.

duckman

Pigface, having watched it a few times on rugbydump,hard to see how he was by that player. Sky were obviously banging on about Hazel being provoked before but IMO he had lost it ten mins before.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyone got any links to allow me to suffer watch the Osprey’s game?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

Scamper
    Free Member

Surprised how Haze reacted, unlike him. The prop dropped his arm onto him before in the tackle , but thats rugby and his reaction was uncalled for. However, there was a few incidents leading up to that it would appear as noted above.

As usual our fans made themselves heard on tv, but not difficult with that crowd.

wrecker
    Free Member

When you lose it, you lose it. It is unlike him so I can well believe he was antagonised. No excuse but these things happen in rugby.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Great start from Ulster!!

anagallis_arvensis

Eli Walker looking like Iaeun Evans there!

duckman

Err..except bigger faster and better looking…Why are you not supporting Ospreys? Watching some rugby tonight are we? Or had you forgotten that Gav has left them 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ospreys pack looking very, very strong tonight.

Adam deserved his little sit down, though.

anagallis_arvensis

Ashley Beck is the new Gav, just not as good looking!!

anagallis_arvensis

Faster than Evans? dont think so

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Paul Marshall brace, Ruan who? One more try for the bonus!!!

SUFTUM

Pigface
    Free Member

😯

Pigface
    Free Member

😀

anagallis_arvensis

apart from when they thought they had won the game that wasnt too bad from Ospreys, better teams to come though.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Bonus point win for Ulster despite playing very poorly in the second half. Looking forward to when we play for the full 80 some day!!

SUFTUM

duckman

Patchy as hell Melon,going to sleep like that will eventually cost ulster.

A-A;I would be VERY surprised if a modern winger wasn’t faster than somebody who made his club début 25 years ago.Just as players are getting bigger,they are getter faster as well.(obviously with a few Thomas Waldrom shaped exceptions)

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.