Viewing 40 posts - 4,081 through 4,120 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How long till the Lions squad is announced? We can start a whole need thread and really get some “debate” going

I think it was announced sometime in Mid-March. Their first training run was pretty good, actually. Beat a scratch side 30-3.

anagallis_arvensis

That was just the test 15 they’ll need some dirt trackers too!!!

duckman

I think it was announced sometime in Mid-March. Their first training run was pretty good, actually. Beat a scratch side 30-3.

In all fairness that was a rugby league team they played,I mean I only saw a couple of scrums…. 8)

anagallis_arvensis

In all fairness that was a rugby league team they played,I mean I only saw a couple of scrums….

Ideal preparation for playing the Aussie’s then

anagallis_arvensis

Ladbrooks suspend betting on lions captain after a flood of money for warburton!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/lions-captain-betting-stops-money-2821043

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Was he a good price to be the midweek team captain then?

Squad announced 30 Apr I believe

boxfish
    Free Member

Glasgow currently stuffing the Ospreys

BlindMelon
    Free Member

5 tries for Ulster in Galway. Hopefully should have a home semi now

anagallis_arvensis

Glasgow currently stuffing the Ospreys

did you watch it? Glasgow played well and were deserved winners but Rolland is an utter bell end. Ospreys finished with Fortuali on one winng Fussel on the other Morgan at fullback and two no marks in the centre. Biggar aside Tipuric was their best back (and forward).

Scamper
    Free Member

All to play for when it comes to hc qualification (in the premiership anyway!). Looks like 17k due at Gloucester today – good day to take a kiwi rugby fan for his first kingsholm experience.

boxfish
    Free Member

did you watch it?

Yup. Ospreys completely outplayed. Roland’s management of the game was appalling, especially the scrum and the breakdown, although I don’t believe this affected the result.

Agree about the centres: very one dimensional, no creativity and too slow.

anagallis_arvensis

Ospreys completely outplayed. Roland’s management of the game was appalling, especially the scrum and the breakdown, although I don’t believe this affected the result.

yep, his binning of Adam and Grant was an utter joke. Ospreys have no creativity when Beck isnt there and zero firepower on the wing. Sad really. If we could combine the scarlets and ospreys we might have a decent team!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think Warburton would make a great Lions captain

Whilst on the topic I saw JW play at Toulon vs Leicester, he should definitely go on the tour

anagallis_arvensis

I dont get the idea that wilkinson should go. He’s not played international rugby in a long time, the last time he went on a Lions tour he wasnt up to it and was shoe horned into 12 because Jones was a better option. And finally my gran would look good behind the Toulon pack and she’s been dead 20 years.

wrecker
    Free Member

What are the options?
    Sexton and Farrell are the best 10s of the home nations, and neither are excellent. I dunno if JW should (or indeed would) tour, but he’s playing very very well and keeping the 10 shirt away from some very stiff competition.
    He’d make a fantastic mid week capt.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Sexton is excellent IMO Wrecker….I was very impressed with his club form in the games that I saw him early season.

St Jonny is a little inconsistent nowadays-he was dire in the two games that I’ve seen him play this year. Still the greatest ever kicker though 8)

anagallis_arvensis

I’m not sure Farrel is any better than Biggar tbh. Sexton is very good. To think of St Johnny as world class is to ignore the evidence. He wasnt even the best ten in “that” world cup final. If Farrel Biggar Sexton or Flood get broken then we might start thinking of St Johnny even then theres Hook or if Priestland come thru a few games and is on tour in Japan he might be a better option.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’d put Farrell ahead of Bigger, I also thought that Johnny had a pretty decent game in the rwc final 2003 😕

wrecker
    Free Member

Farrell? I’d put Jackson ahead of biggar. And fwiw, st jonny proved himself the better fly half in that final. To deny this is to ignore the evidence 😛

duckman

I think Sexton will start; to use a Scottish rugby supporters mindset (esp on backs the last few years) “You can only pish wi the cock yiv got.” Sexton is the best Lions 10 just now, I like JW, he had balls the size of watermelons in the WC final, but he has not been that good this year (I watch the French games) I also felt he played too far back as he could not play on the gain line as well as some and that has been more apparent this year. Farrel? Maybe next time, I only think he justified claims for his inclusion in one 6n game.

loum
    Free Member

Ian Madigigan
    After Sexton, the next best fly half in Europe at the mo.
    On for the golden boot and top point scorer in the Rabo, but not even really a “kicking” 10.
    Scores tries and beats players, could do with a bit more work on his defence.
    Would be perfectly suited to Oz conditions. And a brilliant alternative to Farrell.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_aGjpgfgxJc[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

And fwiw, st jonny proved himself the better fly half in that final

Better than Larkham, now THAT IS funny 😆
    Jackson is shite and couldnt get in the Glasgow team ahead of that midget bloke (who I hope is better today than he looked yesterday looked a nasty injury).

wrecker
    Free Member

Jackson is shite

I think you overestimate biggar 😆

anagallis_arvensis

Biggar looked ok murderating the all black beaters! Farrel on the otherhand cracked under the pressure. Biggar is an OK ish international ten. Madigan is a good shout but ireland holding on O’Speedbump Gara my have ruined his chances he is still very raw at international level.

anagallis_arvensis

Jackson showing total commitment to the cause

duckman

Vernon coming home, one of the ones Sale should have kept.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

With the new SRU set up i was pretty certain Vernon would head back to Scotland, can’t blame the lad. Glad that useless lump Gray/Grey (can never remember the spelling) is going though, he’s been taking the piss all season long. Perhaps now we aren’t paying for him to amble around picking daisies then we can afford to get someone who actually wants to work for his money!

wrecker
    Free Member

How did biggar do against the ABs? Or even Ireland, aus, Samoa for that matter?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Bloody Hell, how can we beat Glos last week then turn in a performance like this today?

Being a Sale fan is probably the most frustrating experience in Rugby!

anagallis_arvensis

How did biggar do against the ABs? Or even Ireland, aus, Samoa for that matter?

I’m struggling to remember if he started (or even was on the bench for) any of those games……. Samoa one he started against Samoa and this happend early on and then he played no further part in the Autumn games though. I suppose a 6 Nations winners medal will do im for now.

wrecker
    Free Member

I suppose a 6 Nations winners medal will do im for now.

And so it should. I’m sure jonny is happy with his, along with his world champion medal…… 🙂

That hit looks like being hit by a car. Rather him than me!

Anyone see youngs 80m try today? Caught b*** napping and turned the FB inside out (ok. It was a bit too easy) good watching though!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Christ knows what is going on with Sale! Glad that Richie is **** off-waste off time and money.

anagallis_arvensis

That hit looks like being hit by a car. Rather him than me!

not half as bad as this one:

anagallis_arvensis

or this which is another all time favourite

surfer
    Free Member

Bloody Hell, how can we beat Glos last week then turn in a performance like this today?

Last week was even more one sided than today! I watched a time lapse film of the South stand and Gloucester threatened our 22 so rarely it was hard to tell there was a game on!
    A strange squad this afternoon it can only mean Dimes is targeting next week for a big finale. Shame we couldnt target both.

Scamper
    Free Member

Great win today, glos backs did well and the back row. Not a big fan of Goode but impressive today apart from a feeble tackle

duckman

we can afford to get someone who actually wants to work for his money!

Err yeah, that would be Vernon… 😈
    Sale turned in the worst display I have seen in the prem today, they were awful,weak side or not. I realise you and Surfer are seeing this year as some sort of a blip, but can today be better than whoever gets promoted? Diamond has to go, he has a look of confusion every time his team is losing.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sale have been terrible since St Andre left, its not a blip.

wrecker
    Free Member

Bristol beat Newcastle today. Ended their undefeated run in the last game of the season 😆
    Not enough for a play off place ( awful start to the season) but to be honest falcons deserve promotion. Lots of new signings, I think ol’ bris will be going up very soon.

anagallis_arvensis

So can we start picking Lions squads yet?

1/2p, Hogg, Goode (covers 10 also as Gatland has hinted he will only take two tens)
    Cuthbert, North, Maitland, Gilroy
    BOD, Tuilagi, Davies, Roberts
    Sexton, Farrel
    Phillips, Youngs
    Faletau, Morgan
    Warburton, Tipuric
    Robshaw, Lydiate
    POC, Grey, Parling, AW Jones
    Adam, Cole, ?
    Best, Hibbard, Youngs
    Healey, Gethin, Vunipola (Corbisero is back playing I see, any form?)

Viewing 40 posts - 4,081 through 4,120 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.