Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Wiggle mountain mayhem- Camping
  • emac65
    Free Member

All that worry for nothing,there’s plenty of room on the campsite….

EDIT well there was when I left at 5pm……….

ciderinsport
    Free Member

This tread is useless without pictures 😉

neilm
    Free Member

I was there for a while at lunchtime and there was loads of room. Camping area A had about four camper vans and an awning in it.

You don’t need any identification for signing in, but you do need to know your own name, so best stay off the beer until afterwards.

The ground was hard, and it would take a lot of rain to turn it soggy. I can’t make comment on the course as I’ll be walking that in the morning.

And there were a lot more people in the retrovillage when I left.

scaredypants

This tread is useless without pictures

molgrips “psyching” in the shower ? 😯

rOcKeTdOg

Pity the people who are turning up now, dark rainy & v windy

rOcKeTdOg

Race prep so far
    Tunnocks caramel bars
    Millionaires shortcake
    Victoria sponge
    Vedett blonde
    8)

MrsToast
    Free Member

It’s my birthday, I’m in a windy tent with a nervous dog, and I’m not even racing this year. 🙁

johndoh
    Free Member

How dreadful is it? I ask as I am warm and drinking wine whilst my business partner is riding. Just want LOLs to throw at him on Monday…

molgrips
    Free Member

In terms of hardship it was not that bad really. The blu tak for half the event was worse than the mud tbh

tomstickland
    Free Member

I turned up at 9am on the Friday to set up camp in a good space. The plan worked well. A load had been allowed in before 9am but there were still good spaces. It’s a bit of a free-for-all.

shortcut

I thought camping was actually better than at Eastnor.

We got in at around 9.30 on Friday, were bang on in terms of location, our area (for around 20 was just the right size and certainly not greedy) we slept on flat ground and you couldn’t hear running water underneath you at all (unlike last year).

Not bothered about showers. Toilets were OK but have seen better. Not aware of anyone needing to be towed out.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle mountain mayhem- Camping’ is closed to new replies.