• This topic has 59 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by binman.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Whyte T130 Shock damage (again)
  • phil5556

Well I took the shock to my local Whyte dealer and they are sending it to SRAM.

I don’t expect them to warranty it, it’s over 2 years old. They might tell Whyte that it’s their bike that has damaged it though – who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ll update when I hear back.

singlespeedstu

Did you not take the bike to show them the alignment problem?

phil5556

Not yet… That’s my next plan when I go to pick it up.

I’m playing the game and doing what I’m told by Whyte, at this point the shops only involvement is using them for a postal service.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Mate has a T-130 CRS. Same issue. Was advised by TFTuned to get a Fox shock. He managed to find one (Yeti use same size) and it has been great. Problem with the design of the frame and having too much flex.

TFTuned said that in his case the repair to the RS shock would have been straight forward but SRAM/RS won’t supply parts. If the Fox bites the dust there are parts are available. New shock has probably been on a few years now.

sam1988
    Free Member

I had this on my 2018 t130s, frame was out of alignment the same as your pictures. Whyte dealer sorted a 2019 model under warranty as Whyte didn’t have any frames left

phil5556

Whyte dealer sorted a 2019 model under warranty as Whyte didn’t have any frames left

I reckon I missed that boat when the (different) shop had it 2.5 years ago and I asked them to check the alignment. Apparently it was fine then, I have my doubts.

phil5556

Whyte are sending a courier to pick up the frame 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

singlespeedstu

That sounds very promising.

phil5556

It does. I won’t get excited just yet but I’ll be well impressed if they have a decent solution (whatever that looks like).

If they agree it’s not straight I’ll also be slightly miffed that I asked for it to be checked over 2 years ago (when still in warranty) and wasn’t sorted then.

And if they refuse it’s NBD a bit earlier than planned.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Whyte are sending a courier to pick up the frame

Hope it gets sorted.

Let us all know how it turns out!

phil5556

Will do, it landed at Whyte HQ (ATB St Leonard’s) this afternoon so I’m hoping they’ll get back to me pretty quickly.

phil5556

Just had a call from Whyte, they agree it’s not aligned correctly, apparently caused by the chainstays not being quite level with each other.

They’re replacing the chainstays & shock (possibly with a Suntour DuAir?) and sending it back to me.

Would have been nice for the shop to have spotted this originally when I asked them to but can’t fault Whyte for sorting it for me now, a year after the warranty expired.

binman

Good to hear about great service !

jedi

That’s great from whyte

singlespeedstu

Result.

phil5556

It’s right ruined my plan to get a new bike though 🤣☹️

singlespeedstu

Just sell it then now it’s all sorted. 😁

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Nice one the right result.

Just sell it then now it’s all sorted

TBH I would be inclined to boot it on, if the backends are susceptible to twisting. Especially if it hasn’t happened due to a crash or doing tricks badly on big jumps!

phil5556

Soo a little update…

Knock on the door at 9:30 this morning and a nice man hands me a big box with my frame in it with new chainstays attached and a new shock 🙂

So A Star to Whyte to getting it sorted, D Minus for the time it took them 😂

And I don’t have any parts to build it back up with now as they’re all on my new bike 😁

eBay it is then.

binman

And I don’t have any parts to build it back up with now as they’re all on my new bike 😁

eBay it is then.

This is where your thinking needs honing . You now need to aquire some bargain parts to build it back up again 🙂 start with the bargain SRAM RE PSA….

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.