Viewing 25 posts - 401 through 425 (of 425 total)
  • Why our food is making us fat
  • mrdestructo

If being healthy involves eating him, I’m out.

ourmaninthenorth

And they’re off..!

Cougar

If I’m reading that right, the ‘hidden connection between salt and obesity’ is that there isn’t one; or at least, not a causal one. The conclusion drawn is that salty food is bad for you, but that’s because highly processed food is salty and highly processed food is bad for you. No?

ourmaninthenorth

Solo – is it you presenting.

He speaks
    in
    your haiku
    style.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve just been making a bacon and egg butty… what have I missed?

miketually
    Free Member

I missed the programme starting because I was kneading some dough to make bread 🙂

Will have to catch it on catch-up later.

Cougar

Welcome back, TSY! Things have been, well, the same old crap if I’m honest, without you.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

without you.

Well, don’t expect any massive improvements. 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*reports DD for bullying*

Well it’s a diet thread… would we expect anything other than SSDD?

So what are the conclusions from that program? That some people eat too much… with a tendency towards eating sugary rubbish, hardly groundbreaking telly.

I found it interesting how everyone seemed to have something to ‘sell’… a sugary drink, a new consultancy, a book… all as bad as each other really.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Im hungry now after that. Seems like fatties will soon be queuing up to sue food companies as its not their own fault they cant stop putting sugary low fat food in their mouths.
    I wonder if man vs food is on??

rkk01
    Free Member

I found the programme very interesting – and am glad the rest of the family watched… I think they were under the impression that I had been talking cynical nonsense in the past.

So what are the conclusions from that program? That some people eat too much… with a tendency towards eating sugary rubbish, hardly groundbreaking telly.

Well, I’ve always sided on the “personnal responsibility” argument. BUT, that programme makes a clear case for mis-information… And if the information is misleading, the mis-led have some justification to claim that it was beyond their own sole responsibility.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i fell asleep during it, which is frustrating as i really wanted to watch it all. might wait til all 3 have been aired then get a digital copy to watch in one go

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

i fell asleep during it

Should’ve drunk an energy drink… obviously.

cinnamon_girl

I enjoyed the programme. Actually I reckon this sort of thing should be compulsive viewing for the population. People just don’t realise that some people in business have absolutely no morals and no conscience either.

The sooner whoever is in Government gets out of the pocket of business the better. There’s far too much financial self-interest and this goes for pharmaceutical companies as well.

I really don’t know how some people can look at themselves in the mirror each day and I’m not talking overweight people either. What goes around comes around.

rkk01
    Free Member

I really don’t know how some people can look at themselves in the mirror each day

I’m was thinking that watching the programme. I don’t know how the woman from the US food and drink association could keep a straight face…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I found it interesting how everyone seemed to have something to ‘sell’

I genuinely didn’t notice this about the doc. I found it interesting and to be honest, it should be a revelation to lots of people…especially those in the “eat less, move more is all you have to do” camp and those who think that by eating low fat food, they will lose weight. Reading just the odd food thread that pops up here every, say, month or so has changed my attitudes towards food and “diet”.

Seems like fatties will soon be queuing up to sue food companies as its not their own fault they cant stop putting sugary low fat food in their mouths.

While I’m not in the sue-the-big-companies camp either, there has been definite mis-information coming from the big manufacturers for decades. It’s about time they faced up to their responsibilities.

Keva
    Free Member

I thought it was good to see the sugar cartells in the same category as the cocaine industry.

philconsequence
    Free Member

there has been definite mis-information coming from the big manufacturers for decades. It’s about time they faced up to their responsibilities.

agreed, but dya think it’ll be like the tobacco companies in that they get sued for squillions, and it doesnt effect them, they jsut keep on rolling out the cigarettes and people take up smoking every day?

unfortunately i can’t see people suing coke etc as having any real effect on the way people eat…. did putting the calories on the KFC and mcdonalds menu stop people buying junk food? i doubt it

pedalhead
    Free Member

I’m was thinking that watching the programme. I don’t know how the woman from the US food and drink association could keep a straight face…

Incredible wasn’t it? If ever there was an example of bare-faced lying. It was actually comedic.

IanMunro
    Free Member

The US woman was great! 😀
    And the UK Food and Drink representative looked like a shining endorsement of their products 😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

the panic in her eyes was brilliant to watch

you could see her thinking ‘oh my baby lord jesus in heaven he’s asking me a question in a British accent”

ChrisS
    Free Member

She reminded me of this:

Thank you for smoking

A great little film!

slimjim78
    Free Member

put it to you that if you eat 10,000 calories a day – no matter what time of day, no matter how much you spread them out – you will get proper fat.

[quote]

Um… I think that’s kind of the point if you’re a sumo wrestler. [/quote]

the original point was that eating after 8pm will make you even fatter.

mrdestructo

the original point was that eating after 8pm will make you even fatter.

Not easy advice for continental shift workers……….

Viewing 25 posts - 401 through 425 (of 425 total)

The topic ‘Why our food is making us fat’ is closed to new replies.