Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 264 total)
  • Why aren't there more women posting on the forum? Some research
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I didn’t…

Sorry about that, I was AWOL from STW at the time. If you flounce off again I will be sure to fill your inbox with creepyness 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

Stupid glitches.

emsz
    Free Member

Jamie!!!

where have been my lovely? 😀

Junky dunno, I’ve never thought anyone on here was creepy TBH,

Junkyard
    Free Member

YUK
    Creepy – both of you

Jamie
    Free Member

where have been my lovely?

By the looks of things, missing out on watching STW eat itself.

emsz
    Free Member

You haven’t missed much, are you back for a while? it’s been dull without you

Sue_W
    Free Member

emsz – no sympathetic e-mails from creepy boys either. Oh, and I didn’t think that any of the guys who criticised what they considered to be sexism on the forum were being “creepy”.

Bunnyhop

I find that my female mtbing friends (myself included) are too busy to be reading or posting on STW all day everyday.

It’s a funny place with lots of humour and good advice, but there are one or two on here that have their opinions and can’t imagine that someone else may not agree. I’m not as well educated as most on here, so don’t feel comfortable putting my case across.

For me it’s the photographs (they are some of the best I’ve ever seen -grumm, duncan., stuartieC, Zokes etc) that keep me coming back and the really funny entertaining folk eg. Cougar, Harry the spider, Samuri, ourmaninthenorth,TSY, binners and some I can’t remember.

All the chaps I’ve ever met from here on a ride have been fantastic and some have become really good friends, long may that side of STW continue.

Kevevs – keep your dangly bits to yourself.

Jamie
    Free Member

3 women posting in a row!

The STW Trifecta!

druidh
    Free Member

Is that 4?

Jamie
    Free Member

If you want me to be, Druidh.

*bats eyelashes*

Bunnyhop

We’ve all missed you Jamie.

tazzymtb

I’m sorry Jamie, i find the image of an ejaculating bottle rather offensive as it gives me strange feelings, please remove it and replace it with something soothing 😯

Bunnyhop

Mmm men in kilts

Kevevs
    Free Member

hey sue I really like the way your bumcheeks flap around in the *predicted* wind. although you were front of me a bit. and, y’know, it’s nice to see a pretty lady riding a bike. but then you got a view of my flappy bumcheeks in aldi gear. My bumcheeks are very attractive I’ll have you know. I’m not sure who wins.

druidh
    Free Member

I never thought to look before.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I dunno about you lot but I’m really interested in elfs woodworking and I am wearing a skirt. PICS!

Well I am aware that my woodworking has generated a fair bit of inertest, but youse’ll just have to wait until the Fullness of Time, when all shall be received.

Currently I am experimenting with different finishes; varnish gives a nice glossy finish, but is a bit of a PITA to apply, and oil gives a softer finish but is easy to apply. Both seem to require several coats to get a good finish though, and the oil isn’t as good on softer more porous surfaces. I think that would be better on harder wood surfaces really.

Tomorrow I might go to B+Q and buy a small plane, and a hand file. I’m also looking for a little hand drill, and a small handsaw.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jeeperz it’s just taken me three attempts to log on…

Okay, Bunnyhop I’ve just taken a picture of myself with cut priced Iberico* ham coveriing my privat e bits that I’m nore than happy to post on here but apparently I look wauu too drunk, and the good lady won’t uplaod it for me.

emsz- if you’d given me your e-mail address, you know for a fact I’d have geinve n you plenty if upsorintg in e-mails?

*£4.49 from that their Waitrose… 4 opund off an’ all!!

Bunnyhop

Eh?

emsz
    Free Member

Yeti, are you pissed? LOL

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh dear. Looks like somebody’s going to need an early night. 😆

Sue_W
    Free Member

Kev – WTF?!?

Bunnyhop – I think the boys have been hitting the bottle! Think it’s time for me to head for a glass of wine, then I might understand what’s being said …

Bunnyhop

TSY – did you plug it in?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That’s what she said. 😳

Emsz – I’m not drunk… but if I don’t correct my typing as I go it looks like I am 🙂

Bunnyhop

No hope Sue W, no matter how much you drink.

cinnamon_girl

So … clubber … will your friend be reading this thread? If not, will you recommend that she does?

Edit: can I just say welcome back to Jamie – we’ve missed you sweetie. 😉

Duggan

Let’s hope she’s reading this thread being as there seems to be 6 pages about how STW isn’t really her cup of tea so we should change it.

teasel
    Free Member

Flange, old boy. I do hope you’re not a gambling man…

teasel
    Free Member

Why would you just agree with someone for the sake of it?

For some folk sex is a good enough reason.

😉

Eh, you sure that’s my coat ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I might go to B+Q and buy a small plane, and a hand file. I’m also looking for a little hand drill, and a small handsaw.

A small plane ? A little hand drill ? A small handsaw ? Why does everything need to be diminutive in size? Get some proper man-size tools, ffs.

Unless you’re kitting out Santa’s workshop.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Flange, old boy. I do hope you’re not a gambling man…

Yeah, funny how a few individuals (including the OP ) have gone a bit quiet, eh? 😆

Ah well, was nonsense anyway really.

A small plane ? A little hand drill ? A small handsaw ? Why does everything need to be diminutive in size? Get some proper man-size tools, ffs.

I’ve got little haynds, and don’t need gert big tools as they will be unsuitable for the purposes for which I need them.

What do you know about woodwork anyway? Nuffink, so shut up. 😡

clubber
    Free Member

So … clubber … will your friend be reading this
    thread? If not, will you recommend that she
    does?

She’s got the link though I doubt she’ll read the thread before Sunday pm.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m loathe to involve myself in this, but I will anyway just to make these few points…

– Clubber’s friend is probably right about one or two “creepy” characters, but she underestimates the tendency of some otherwise rational and non-creepy people to take an extreme position simply to place themselves in opposition to their perceived internet “enemy”.

– The internet is inherently arguey (even mumsnet, according to my wife), women are generally less interested than men in arguing.

– The best threads on here (usually about actually riding mountain bikes) don’t seem to be affected by pointless arguing among frustrated social inadequates, funny that.

– Some people really are not as funny as they seem to think they are.

cinnamon_girl

Am I doing something wrong?

In all the years I’ve graced the Forum with my presence, I believe I’ve only ever received two e-mails from, er, slightly creepy chaps.

Disappointed C_G

rOcKeTdOg

i emailed you CG 😯

Cougar

I’ve only ever received two e-mails from, er, slightly creepy chaps.

Two were slightly creepy, the rest were really creepy.

GW
    Free Member

Elfincreepy – Member

Yeah, funny how a few individuals (including the OP ) have gone a bit quiet, eh?

posted at 1.30am on a Saturday morning

🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is there some sort of point you’re attempting to make, GW?

Or just some desperate attempt to make something out of nowt?

Has it made you feel better?

rOcKeTdOg

Is there some sort of point you’re attempting to make, GW?

here we go again *yawns*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 264 total)

The topic ‘Why aren't there more women posting on the forum? Some research’ is closed to new replies.