Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Why are people being so damn nasty all the time on here??
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

Sorry but opinions and down right nastyness are two completely different things!
    People on here are being so **** nasty lately I mean seriously expensive bike parts, buying selling, profits no profits, etc etc its getting pathetic!

I joined this forum for 3 reasons…

1. To get biking knowledge
    2.Meet new people and maybe a few biking buddies
    3.To buy and sell the odd bargain here and there.

Is there something in the air or what!!

(hides under the cover and waits to see who’s going to threaten him first 🙁

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

because it’s more fun taking the piss ?

HTTP404
    Free Member

****t
    😀

avdave2

I take it this is in the wrong forum to try to draw out all those nasty people to abuse you. 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Dont know, I guess people use forums to vent their anger/ strong opinions and feelings.

Better to be nasty on here than to someones face.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Next 🙂

HTTP404
    Free Member

but really as sfb says.

rOcKeTdOg

freedom of speech innit, (unless you’re not in one of the various cliques)

uplink
    Free Member

You’re confusing a bicycle forum with real life

pimpmyride
    Free Member

I asked for that didn’t I?

sodafarls
    Free Member

That twisted freak sfb nailed it, and kicked it’s back doors in all at once.

jedi

just ignore nayone being nasty.
    civility costs nothing

singlespeedstu

Has it not always been the same?

emac65
    Free Member

Dunno but then I only come on here to wind people up or talk bollox.If I need to find something out I use other forums as I find the majority of answers on here are some what lacking,with most people just quoting what they’ve read in a mag or on the net…..

STATO
    Free Member

its because the popular posts loiter at the top of the new forum. The constant arguments between the same people take up half the 1st page and generally put people in a bad mood.

See, youve already got most of them posting on this topic, itll never die now 🙄

ton

i am never nasty to anyone…. 😀

MrNutt
    Free Member

0.5/10 must try harder.

tails
    Free Member

don’t lose hope PMR there are some good’uns sheldona, gingerflash,mamadirt for example if the thread seems a little miseable or contains copy and paste news i tend to ignore or read but not enter as ain’t no point getting load shite online.

rOcKeTdOg

See youve already got most of them posting on this topic, itll never die now

how very dare you etc etc etc i’m never nasty to people i like and respect 😉

kaiser
    Free Member

cos a lot of people have learnt from other idiots that it’s cool/funny or macho to be difficult or unpleasant and find it impossible to keep their mouth shut when a thought arrives .

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t usually intend to cause offence but sometimes do so inadvertently. anyway I think I get far more abuse than I give out.

Some opinions on here seem so far fetched to me that I can’t stop myself arguing and some posts are so nasty that I feel they need to be rebutted.

singlespeedstu

A lot of the stuff is just banter between folks that know each other quite well though. 😀

nukeproof
    Free Member

This is mostly about the classfied profiteering thread? Its a shame that it soon became a witch-hunt without giving daffy the benefit of the doubt but I still think it raised an interesting question and clearly some people had opinions on that. Unfortunately the question got lost in the hunt 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

that’s what i said stu-cliquey

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’m with Jedi (unless I’m p155ed), just ignore the idiots & get on with what your happy doing, Oh & SFB is a self righteous argumentative c0ck 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

with most people just quoting what they’ve read in a mag or on the net…..

I don’t think this is true. I’ve seen many posts reflecting real practical experience.

singlespeedstu

rOcKeTdOg – Member

What does that mean? 😮

mikey74
    Free Member

To be honest, and I’m sure I’ll get knocked down for this, but it’s indicative of the way British society is at the moment: People would rather knock someone else in order to make themselves feel better. Surely helping someone should make you feel better, shouldn’t it?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I don’t think you can justifiably criticise people for becoming familiar with each other, so long as they don’t exclude others from joining in! I abhor cliques.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Woah woah hang on, don’t get me a bad name about Daffy I meant it in a very broad sense, what he does is up to him and it doesn’t harm or bother me.
    I was merely using the classifieds as one arguement not just that one!

miketually
    Free Member

Did someone mention being nasty? That’s my new role, I believe 😉

pimpmyride
    Free Member

“To be honest, and I’m sure I’ll get knocked down for this, but it’s indicative of the way British society is at the moment: People would rather knock someone else in order to make themselves feel better. Surely helping someone should make you feel better, shouldn’t it?”

AMEN!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

People would rather knock someone else in order to make themselves feel better

also wrong IMO. It’s traditionally British to send each other up. It would be sickening if we all just said “You’re great and I want to buy you a drink/have your babies”

radoggair
    Free Member

Hey, where’s smee, he’s a genuine wind up merchant. 2 b honest, its all in good humour, when it gets out of hand, normally people say its gone to far. Plus, everyone knows people who ride singlespeeds or on ones are co*ks 😉

ton

**** hell, didn’t take the hobbit long to reply did it 😆 eh sfb..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

To be honest, and I’m sure I’ll get knocked down for this, but it’s indicative of the way British society is at the moment: People would rather knock someone else in order to make themselves feel better. Surely helping someone should make you feel better, shouldn’t it?

This is one of the attitudes on here that makes the red mist descend in front of my eyes. Not my experience at all and IMO indicative of people who are fooled by the Daily Wail moral panic agenda.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Woah woah hang on, don’t get me a bad name about Daffy

If you’re referring to my post, I think you miss understood me; I gathered you were not referring to Daffy but more to the people on the hunt…was that right? And yes,I know it wasn’t just that thread.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

“also wrong IMO. It’s traditionally British to send each other up. It would be sickening if we all just said “You’re great and I want to buy you a drink/have your babies”

Sorry disagree, you don’t have to be an angel all the time but sometimes it pays to just not say what your thinking and have a bit of tact about it, which I suppose takes a different sort of person to think that way.

rOcKeTdOg

trouble is some people believe what they read on the internet is true, these same people also are the ones that get caught on the trollers fishing hook

just keep a sense of perspective, sit back and don’t take it all too seriously

mikey74
    Free Member

“also wrong IMO. It’s traditionally British to send each other up. It would be sickening if we all just said “You’re great and I want to buy you a drink/have your babies”

Traditionally, yes, but British society just seems to be getting nastier. There is a difference between sending someone up and being downright nasty and dismissive, which IMO, is where we are heading. No wonder people are leaving in their droves.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Why are people being so damn nasty all the time on here??’ is closed to new replies.