Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • Who’s the fastest rider on STW?
  • aracer
    Free Member

i once did a skid that lasted for two weeks!!

Rad to the power of sick!

Smee
    Free Member

What about Stratobiker?

njee20
    Free Member

Ah yes, sorry Terry, forgot you too! Oh well, you can take Oli’s place in Expert! Who’s JCromton then?

Incidentally Oli, they’re very unlikely to let you move up mid-season, and frankly I wouldn’t bother anyway! Unless you absolutely storm the first couple of NPSs in Sport I’d stay put.

wonnyj
    Free Member

I was 7th fatest youth in Scotland in 1996. I would beat Gareth Mongomery at every race! (although I was a year older and he was about a quarter of the size he is now).

njee20
    Free Member

That’s still quite a claim to fame!

Dougal
    Free Member

Expert here too. There is a few others I know of, but they like to stay subtle.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I hold the race record for ten under the Ben*

*In my category – veterans mixed tandem 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Expert is my goal. Even tho I’m now too old anyway.

njee20
    Free Member

There’s loads of Masters in Expert and Elite, particularly with how masters is now, Expert’s slower!

sputnik
    Free Member

My money is on njee20 as fastest in xc.
    Dave Farmer is on the site as well and he is fast too.
    Dunno about DH.

molgrips
    Free Member

Some races let you race in Sport etc whatever your age (or at least, over 19) like Gorricks, some still have the old age limits on.

Still, people still seem to regard Sport as fast which is interesting. Any elites here?

walleater

Unless anything has changed, the top of the Sport and ‘Fun’ class are a bunch of pot hunters and should move up to the next cat. [Willy waving] I won my only Sports race [/willy waving] so moved up to Expert for more challenges. Seems a bit egotistical constantly winning a mediocre class.

solamanda
    Free Member

I can pull a front wheel skid in excess of 20ft, (on the right surface). Is that worth anything?

MTT
    Free Member

Oh boys, there is lad who sometimes pops his head in, mainly to sell stuff, who rides for Kinesis UK, Cat 1 Elite. If anyone wants a name then mail me.

wonnyj
    Free Member

njee, yeah well he wouldn’t be so fast now if it hadn’t been for a bunch of 16years olds (including his big brother) kicking his 14year old ass at every race 🙂

Last summer I honestly couldn’t believe the size of him when I saw him for the first time in 11/12 years .

robjones
    Free Member

wtf??? is that the best we can do these days, a couple of sport class pot hunters and a few who “might” be going up to expert sometime soon? Back “in the day” when the old website were still around I’m sure I remember a load of elites that dropped by, Dave Collins, Jamie Newall, John Webb, Rich wood, Jenn o connor and others ah the good old days.

njee20
    Free Member

Jon Webb posts as Jon2 IIRC, mainly on tubeless tyre threads. He’s a master now, who doesn’t really race. Jamie Newall’s also a Master now, but still races and does rather well. Richard Wood doesn’t do much anymore. Dave Collins still does alright, but I’ll wager there are faster people than him.

ac282 is an Elite, Gee’s a fast Expert, who also came 3rd in Mayhem Solo on his first attempt. There’s this Kinesis elite rider who we should be in awe of, he’s so awesome his name’s a secret 🙂

So yes, there are still some quick XC racers on here it’d seem!

As for pot hunting, I did my season in Sport, won a round of the NPS, 2nd in the series, and moved up to Expert, hardly pot hunting, of which there’s not been any evidence in this thread!

wonnyj
    Free Member

Anyway what about enduros?

The mtb-wales lot have got some quick people – anyone for all 4 at afan?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I’m a pot hunter. Very proud of my trophy I am

MTT
    Free Member

ac282 is an Elite, Gee’s a fast Expert, who also came 3rd in Mayhem Solo on his first attempt. There’s this Kinesis elite rider who we should be in awe of, he’s so awesome his name’s a secret [:-)]

Quite happy to give it if you mailed me as I said. I am not sure I’d like someone banding my name around so i thought I’d do the same for him.

njee20
    Free Member

It was a very tongue in cheek comment!

I didn’t think Kinesis had a team for 2009 anyway.

MTT
    Free Member

clicky

Just been signed for 2009.

neilnevill
    Free Member

indeed the mtb-w spankies are very very quick at the enduro stuff, great fun too. Other than Matt page I’m not sure any of the other spankies post on here. Matt is quick, err 2nd at the Dyfi last year (or was it year before?) and won SITS 24 hour solo just being 2 of his good results. Mel has had lots of wins/great rides solo and the mtb-w ladies have won Mayhem at least once (err 2007 IIRC) Mark is darn quick, as is Seb, Rich, Dom and a few others. the mtb-w spanky men have had some excellent Mayhem results including err….5th in the elite category I think. Mark and Seb placed very highly in the trans-rockies, Mel and Mark did very well in the cape epic….the list goes on.

There’s a lot of very quick people out there…..only I’m not one of them :o)

njee20
    Free Member

Yes Matt certainly frequents weight weenies, not sure about here. Is he fast, or does he just have mental endurance!? Never actually seen him in an XC race, although he’s certainly a much finer enduro rider than most of us could ever dream of being!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’m still here, Glad to see I still do ‘alright’ 😉

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Velowilks has also been known to go ‘alright’

freeform5spot
    Free Member

Defo not me (to the power of sick)

molgrips
    Free Member

I really really want to be quick….

Unless anything has changed, the top of the Sport and ‘Fun’ class are a bunch of pot hunters and should move up to the next cat.

I’d tend to agree with that. When I was 19 or so I’d enter Sport and come 1/3 of the way down the field on the back of just a bit of weekend riding. Now I’ve done shedloads of training, am infinitely fitter than I was in every way and guess what, I still come 1/3 down the field in sport…

kimbers

i can cum in about 5 seconds of riding

my missus diont know whats hit her

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

its not as easy as try sport, then move up.

its only the top 15 in the british sport ranking (overall) at the end of the season that move up.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Get yer finger out olly and win us some trophies so we can bask in the radience of your brilliance

trail_rat
    Free Member

“its only the top 15 in the british sport ranking (overall) at the end of the season that move up. “

or exceptional circumstances … i just emailed roger told him i missed the scottish champs (had i done them and got my usual placing of between 3rd and 5th id have been in the cut) but i did mayhem and got 11th in solo instead. so he moved me up

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I bet I’ve been faster both on and off road than most of you. High fifties mph on road on the tandem and pushing fifty mph offroad.

njee20
    Free Member

Been quicker than that on road, certainly not off road though!

Blazing-saddles, if you’re a Mr Collins (which a brief bit of stalking suggests!), I hope my comments didn’t offend, you certainly make me look silly, my quickest lap at Crowthorne was still 40 seconds off your slowest! 🙂

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

i’ve been 86.5 km/h offroad (54mph)

and about the same on road.

Dougal
    Free Member

simply_oli_y – Member
    i’ve been 86.5 km/h offroad (54mph)

and about the same on road.

Poland? I really wish I had a speedometer on for that race.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

yup poland,

remember that fireroad with speed bumps on it, and a 90 degree right hand turn at the bottom 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

i did mayhem and got 11th in solo instead. so he moved me up

Hmm, I reckon that kind of result would be easier than a series win in sport!

trail_rat
    Free Member

so ? nothing stipulated i had to win the series to move up …. i only needed to finish above 5th at scottish champs.

dont know where every one gets that endurance and sport are “so” seperate …. if you dont have speed your going no where in endurance…. most of the top endurance guys have a pedigree in real xc racing before they go down the endurance route .

bullheart
    Free Member

I can bust a move with the best of ’em…

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Who’s the fastest rider on STW?’ is closed to new replies.