Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 144 total)
  • Who’s been out riding in the snow then? :D
  • dukeduvet

That’s some photo bigjim especially the weather front rolling in. At least round Edinburgh you can enjoy cracking views some interesting single track and its never far from a pub or cafe to warm up!

kayak23

Quick local blast on the Dune. The wind was colder than a snowman’s back pocket.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23FTDL9]February 2018[/url] by kayak23, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23FTEWW]February 2018[/url] by kayak23, on Flickr

lowey

“I’m stuck trying to understand how to add pictures from Flikr…. tried the forum help… couldn’t crack it…”

Me too 🙁

roverpig

I can’t do it from the mobile app, but from a PC I just select the bbcode option on Flickr. Paste that into the reply and then delete the stuff at the beginning and end, so you just leave the bit between the img tags (including the tags themselves). It’s not as hard as it sounds 🙂

weeksy

I was tempted.. then i went outside to the garage…. 10s later i picked up my riding kit, my bike and brought the turbo into the house for some Zwift time later.. .i’m sooooo  not riding out there.

rossburton
    Free Member

This is what counts as a heavy snowfall in Cornwall (obviously all the schools and shops are shut today) but it was also probably the driest these woods have been in years!

Trimix
    Free Member

-7 round Stonesfield (Oxfordshire) last night.  Brilliant fun, bone dry and grippy.  Looked amazing.  Second hill into the ride my hands warmed up.

chakaping
    Free Member

Started out about 5pm with an unusually fiery sunset happening.

Returned to van approx 30 secs later for a bigger pair of gloves.

Returned to van again another 30 secs later to wear two pairs of gloves.

Felt more like Lapland than Lancashire pedaling up the hill.

Road halfway up the hill was something of an ice rink, but there was a surprising amount of grip on the fresh snow in the woods…

Started snowing heavier later on and I called it a night following a crash that left me on my back in a streambed, after my pal had gone home,

Van said minus six, was probably colder up the hill but only really uncomfortable when in the wind.

zippykona

Me me.

rickmeister

Feldberg Summit, Black Forest. Tuesday.

Same place a week or so ago

The tower is the Schwarzwald Bacon Museum

teamslug
    Free Member

i can see it rickmeister. Was just gonna ask where but it’s just appeared.

sirromj

Me but I didn’t want to stop on my commute in this morning to take photographs. Did enjoy it thought, for once I got the clothing just right. First time wearing my 3yr old Madison Addict jacket wasn’t too hot. Army gortex trouser were just right for a 4.5 mile commute too. Off road for most of the route, good grip for most.

kayak23

Some awesome pics. Stunning scenery Rickmeister! 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

going to head out in 15 minutes 🙂

oldbloke
    Free Member

Not biking cos the bike is in bits at the moment, but went out for a run early doors.  I now know what Edinburgh will look like in the zombie apocalypse.  No traffic and small groups of people shuffling slowly up the road on foot.  Spindrift plume blowing off the top of the crags like the films of Everest in winter.  But brilliant fun.

dannyh
    Free Member

We were out last night as usual.

Fantastic – the wind threatened early on (just after 7pm), but then didn’t really get nasty.

The snow was grippy, the ground underneath was 99% solid (only a couple of long-term boggy puddles weren’t), and the only real danger was deep mud ruts that had frozen solid and were being masked by the snow. Two and a bit hours, feet were toasty in decent boots, fingers reasonably comfortable. A lovely pint afterwards and feeling smug when other pub punters came outside for a fag seemed to think we were some kind of elite unit for getting out and about.

Car thermometer bottomed at -7.5 Celsius on the way home – but the whole thing felt much warmer than a few weeks ago when I got soaked on a wet and windy Saturday morning with the temp around +5 Celsius.

More Beast, please!

nedrapier

Some lovely photos here!

I took the fatbike today, as I’m aiming to ride part way home on it.  28c GP4S were fine yesterday (4 Seasons, mind – all 4!) but 4 inches of Jumbo Jim were a little more confidence inspiring in the 2.5 miles of slush and ice and compacted snow.

17miles cross wind, then 17miles tail wind.  the right way round I think. Should be “fun”!

Klunk
    Free Member

short but fun, not much snow really but some localized driftage 🙂

with hamfisted winter glovage

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Snowy swinley on single speed basher

nwallace
    Free Member

Got out yesterday afternoon after being sent home; live just north of the red warning zone

Not much snow really, bit draggy on the tracks

hooli

I was out for an hour locally yesterday. Not too much snow here, the ground is frozen and dry but **** me was it cold! The wind cut straight thorough me and I couldn’t stop my nose from running.

Hoping to get out again tomorrow if I can get away from work early.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Chain broke on the mtb in the driveway?!

Quick fettle and had my CX with Nobby Nicks sliding around!

Bit overrated about stopping the country getting to work etc bloody good excuse for a day off though lol

fudge9202
    Free Member

Just back from a short ride out on new Vaya here in Northern Ireland

pennine
    Free Member

Baildon Moor West Yorkshire yesterday morning. Strong winds & driving snow

cogwomble
    Free Member

I managed to get out last night.  It was a blast, a cold, tiring, short blast.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23GJcwY]IMG-20180228-WA0020[/url] by davedorson, on Flickr

onandon
    Free Member

chakaping
    Free Member

Had another quickie with the doggo just now, a mere minus-two but gusty out there today.

He was lovin’ it…

woodster

Not done masses, but commuted in on the big bike and then had time for a play when we shut up shop at lunch.

Mounty_73

Hopefully heading out to somewhere in Shropshire tomorrow….

postierich
    Free Member

Night ride last night -9.6 on Farleton Knott  one and a half hours later stuck down Reverb Monarch rear shock and brakes froze .

Rigid hardtail tonight

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Short trip to the shops earlier, kept expecting the Wazoo to slip over, despite the studded Gravdal tyres at ~35/60PSI. Earlier in the day, I was contemplating a recreational ride, but that ride of necessity scared me witless!

Fresh snow was fine, it was the compacted stuff hidden underneath, from lines cars had taken.

Am I right in thinking that I will get more rear wheel traction from the 252 studded 38mm Gravdal. rather than a 4″ Jumbo Jim or Vee Mission Command in snow/icy conditions?

matt_outandabout

matt_outandabout

PMK2060

Rode to work yesterday and today. Took the off-road route on the trans pennine trail which covers 95% of my commute.

i have not found it that cold to be honest.

SaxonRider

North of Cardiff today. It’ll be much, much deeper tomorrow.

SaxonRider on 1 March2018

From left: molgrips, saxonrider, and knightrider3

Molgrips SaxonRider and KnightRider3 on 1 March 2018

molgrips
    Free Member

You can’t really see but that trail was almost pristine, only had one runner on it before us.  Cracking ride.  And SaxonRider has underpants on his face.

adamef
    Free Member

dove1

Went out for an hour this morning. The snow was surprisingly grippy but the wind has created some drifts that are impossible to ride through.

Garmin says it was -4degC but the wind felt a lot colder.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Went out yesterday and it was the most laugh out loud fun I’ve had on a bike round the Derbyshire Dales. It certainly makes the trails come alive. There were waist high drifts on the singletrack that you could just smash through. The Stache was built for it – 3″ tyres are a great snow plough!

There were 4x4s stuck in ditches and I only managed 8 miles, which took me 2 hours, as the drifts were too deep on a lot of the trails and I didn’t want to stray more than a couple of miles from home. Some of the lanes were full to the brim of snow between the walls, there was no way I was getting down them. You can see in the last picture just how mad the wind was – it really blasted my face, more than half an hour on the tops would have been grim.

montgomery
    Free Member

Here in the SW, I enjoyed yesterday’s ride so much I went camping in the local hills last night. Walking out before dawn this morning, I followed the tracks of at least one evening MTB rider down a local downhill. Storm in a teacup.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Who’s been out riding in the snow then? :D’ is closed to new replies.