Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • who is the richest person on here
  • bigblackshed

Surely this is akin to a cock measuring contest in a dildo factory?

brassneck

I’m currently robbing CFHs house whilst he’s ‘in the colonies’ which I’m sure is a euphemism. So give it 10 mins and its me.

Moses

Not me. I’m retired & my pension was mostly taken by the financial services bandits.

But I’ve met two STWers who seem to be rolling in it – good for them.

Dickyboy

Rolling in it – after 20yrs of being a single parent, now being married and having a second income into the household is a revelation 🙂

Marin
    Free Member

Who cares. If you think you’re poor go and live in a 3rd world slum for a while.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I have lived in the offshore tax haven that is the Isle of Man for the last 20 years so I could be in the frame .

funkmasterp

I’m currently robbing CFHs house whilst he’s ‘in the colonies’ which I’m sure is a euphemism. So give it 10 mins and its me.

Is there a market for forty thousand pairs of slightly worn fancy shoes?

jamj1974

It’s not me and I’m not bothered. I’d like more job security though – the total certainty of money entering my household for the rest of my natural life – based on my work and my pension saving. That would be lovely as it’s my biggest worry.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I was until i met a Russian lady called Tatianna on the internet.

wiggles
    Free Member

breninbeener – Member
    My daughters have a little saying, ‘some people are so poor, all they have is money’.

Any of them single?

angeldust
    Free Member

breninbeener – Member

My daughters have a little saying, ‘some people are so poor, all they have is money’.

Who taught them that?

P-Jay
    Free Member

linchpin – Member
    Why is it so wrong to talk about money? Most of us spend most of our time trying to earn some.

It’s not quite a uniquely Brit thing, but we lead in the world in being coy about it.

People will tell you it’s rude to talk about money/income/wealth, but is it? As long as you’re not showing off.

The truth is, in the ‘polite middle class world’ most people are total BS merchants. Not overtly, but they like to project an image, better to say nowt than suffer the unthinkable and find out that your next door neighbour earns £20 a week more than you!

Its the same though of thinking that makes people go about telling tales about their friends and neighbours saying things like “they’re up to their necks in debt and oh they ‘lease’ their car, they don’t ‘really’ own it” what they never say is “because we couldn’t afford to do what they do, or have what they have so they must be doing something wrong”.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Its not a question you’re really going to get an honest answer for. To do so would mean everyone that thinks they have healthy assets declaring what they have, that’s never going to happen.

I would never divulge on an internet forum how much money I have in the bank/investments or what my assets are worth, I’d discuss with very close friends only, but only if it was brought up for a reason – discussing investments for example.

It’s not something people need to know.

Nico
    Free Member

It’s not something people need to know.

If the internet was restricted to things people need to know it could be run on a Raspberry Pi.

Gary_M
    Free Member

If the internet was restricted to things people need to know

I’m talking real people, not made up characters on a bike forum.

footflaps

oh they ‘lease’ their car, they don’t ‘really’ own it

You’d be right 85% of the time as it’s getting increasingly rare that people buy cars outright any more. PCP / leases dominate the market.

Its not a question you’re really going to get an honest answer for.

Except for any Norwegian members as tax returns are all public IIRC.

wiggles
    Free Member

Its not a question you’re really going to get an honest answer for

I own a car and a bike worth maybe £3000 in total have no job currently and live in a council flat , with £80 to my name. Is that honest enough ? 😉

I understand people who actual have money might be a little more coy

ThePinkster

Is there a market for forty thousand pairs of slightly worn fancy shoes?

not sure about that but I bet there is for slightly soiled paperclips.

mudshark
    Free Member

Maybe someone who got into Cryptos over a year ago? Those who did in the last month are likely to be feeling quite poor now.

I’m probably in TJ’s rich elite….

thehustler
    Free Member

My real name is Richy Rich……….reccon its me then as I’m twice rich

markoc1984

It’s got to be Ling?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@wiggles indeed it is

@Rusty no I bought TMH’s – my earlier post was deliberate in that regard

@welsh people pay their accountants large amounts of money to achieve that 😉

@footflaps top 1% of earners is something like £250k pa – thr dispersion within the top 1% is of course massive, footballers earn that in a week. Also from memory anyone with assets of £500k (inc pension) is in the top 1% globally. So “the one percent” can be interpreted many different ways

footflaps

@footflaps top 1% of earners is something like £250k pa

We were talking top 0.1% so way more than £250k pa.

chilled76
    Free Member

I have a loving wife who I trust 100% and a wonderful daughter. We have a holiday planned altogether and I also have a biking holiday to Morzine planned with some friends, of which my wife 100% supports.

I get 13 weeks off a year and every weekend.

I have a roof over my head and if I chose to I could eat steak everyday (I don’t due to health reasons and liking other things to eat).

Being warm, fed, with something to look forward to and a happy home life make me rich I think, or I at least appreciate those things.

I could easily gain a promotion at work and get paid more but would also have to work more. The fact I’ve chosen not to as I appreciate the above things makes me feel wealthier than the people I see doing the job above mine and living at work.

Rich isn’t about money, you only live once, enjoy your time here!

alanf
    Free Member

I was dead 18 months ago, now I’m alive 🙂
    Better than all the cash in the world and not being here to squander it…

Drac

I bet you smell a bit funky after being dead for 18 months.

Gary_M
    Free Member

It is when the op says ‘most money’.

tomhoward

I own a car and a bike worth maybe £3000 in total have no job currently and live in a council flat , with £80 to my name

Worst. Tinder profile. Evah…

alanf
    Free Member

I bet you smell a bit funky after being dead for 18 months.

To be fair I was only actually ‘dead’ for 10 minutes, but it still counts in my book 🙂
    And regarding the smell, yes, you got me there but I was like that before I ‘died’! 😆

wilburt
    Free Member

Have we got a winner yet?

Perhaps one of the 42 is on here.

Drac

To be fair I was only actually ‘dead’ for 10 minutes, but it still counts in my book

I’ll give you that.

chilled76
    Free Member

It is when the op says ‘most money’.

So does society. You keep listening to them son 😉

plyphon
    Free Member

I’ve had two people say this to me in person recently. Both of them were high earners who owner their lovely family homes and cars on the drive outright thank you very much.

It’s easy to say life ain’t about money when you’ve got plenty of it!

philjunior
    Free Member

I’m not yet, but once I run a bike race, I’m sure it’ll be straight to the top of the rich list.

Philgranduro I think I’ll call it.

tjagain

I’ve got enough money – far less than many on here I guess but I feel rich – partly due to an inexpensive lifestyle and partly because I really don’t care. I don’t measure success by how much stuff I have or how big my house is but by how much fun I have.

IHN

Yeah. As they say; “money isn’t everything, but it sure takes the sting out of being poor”

rene59
    Free Member

As long as you have enough to take care of your basic needs, enjoying life doesn’t need to cost much extra. It’s entirely down to you to make of it what you can.

plyphon
    Free Member

Yeah that’s simply not true though is it. At the very least it’s a gross oversimplification to the point of taking the piss out of those less fortunate.

Unless your very broad definition of ‘basic needs’ includes fulfilling things like travel, hobbies that interest you, memorable experiences with your friends and partner(s), etc

Sure you can do all of those things ‘on the cheap’ but it still requires money in the first place!

I know some people who literally can only afford basic needs and let me tell you, they’re not a happy bunch overall because they’re constantly worried about money and work.

Nico
    Free Member

Happiness or at least contentment with one’s financial lot is closely related to the people that surround you. If they are a similar amount to you you will be satisfied. If not then you won’t. Fact.

wiggles
    Free Member

As someone who (currently) barely has enough money to use the heating/car it’s not very enjoyable. I’ve never had a well paid job (my fault for being lazy in school) and I was happy with the bills paid and a bit of money left to go out for the day with the kids etc never had holidays abroad or anything. Obviously would be happier with a bit more money though…

I agree with the people who generally say “money isn’t important” have at minimum enough money for a mortgage and annual family holiday in Spain which is pipe dream stuff for me

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘who is the richest person on here’ is closed to new replies.