Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • who is the richest person on here
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Four pages in, no end of ‘I’m rich in happiness’ ball baggery and not one single person has put a number to it.. including myself, obvs 😉 (because I’m so rich in happiness etc etc)

rene59
    Free Member

It is true. I know it to be true from my own experience and it’s in no way taking the piss out of others less fortunate. I’ve been there.

Travel can be expensive if you mean going abroad. It doesn’t have to be though. Either way if you need to be spending vast amounts of money travelling to make you happy then you likely have other issues you need to be addressing first. Travelling around your own country is perfectably doable on a small budget.

Hobbies can be free, very inexpensive or even give you a small income. If you can’t find one from those catagories then again you likely have other issues.

I have a memory full of happy experiences with family and friends that didn’t cost anything other than time in their company.

TiRed

Find your percentile here. I seem to be doing ok based on income before tax. Definitely not in the super-rich category though, not by miles. I’ll probably never retire either.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

the more you earn the more you spend, many people work to pay for fancy cars and bigger houses than they could ever need.

i’m pretty happy at the moment, healthy (ish) and got a little cash waiting for a new bike frame,

rich is different to different people,
    £500k a week football salaries are rich

tjagain

I can put numbers to mine if you want? Being a public servant my salary is public knowledge.

Wiggles – sorry if my post sounded flippant. I quite accept that its easy to say money doesn’t matter when you are in my position. One thing for sure – I earn a lot less than some on here who plead poverty.

I do live a relatively frugal lifestyle but I also have a lot more money than someone on minimum wage so the two combined – a decent wage and a frugal lifestyle means I have the money to do as I wish cos what I wish to do is usually fairly cheap

wiggles
    Free Member

It’s fine TJ although I don’t subscribe to the ” all poor people are poor because they didn’t work hard” stuff people with rich parents say I fully accept there’s no reason for someone like me to earn much as I don’t have many qualifications I’m not entitled to anything

RDL-82
    Free Member

And if anyone feels like putting some figures on here what then? Are you hoping to compare?

I know two people who will never have money worries. One is so obsessed with work and his career he basically has no life. When he’s not working he’s thinking about work. He could have retired years ago and is knocking on the door of state retirement age yet he can’t bare the thought of it. He wants more all the time.

The other party is only happy spending. Totally materialistic and shallow. When they aren’t spending they are at each other’s throats.

Money doesn’t buy happiness as has been said although the latter would argue it does and the former can’t enjoy it as he’s too busy chasing it.

Still. I’m curious why the OP wants to know? Or have I missed that explanation?

bigjim

I fully accept there’s no reason for someone like me to earn much as I don’t have many qualifications I’m not entitled to anything

But you shouldn’t have the attitude that you can’t earn as much because you don’t have many qualifications. Sure many jobs need a degree to qualify for applying but not all and many people are well off without having degrees, you’re still entitled to earning good money you might just have to have a different approach to it. Degrees aren’t everything, I have two and I’m running on fumes with last years summer holiday still sitting on the credit card, life sometimes doesn’t turn out how you expect and as much as having qualifications doesn’t entitle you to a good income, not having them doesn’t entitle you to not having one, if that’s what you want in life.

porter_jamie

if i earn 50 quid a week but only spend 49 them am i rich? if i earn 50 quid a week but spend 51 then i’m poor?

i used to think rich meant filling the car to the brim not just sticking a tenner in. now maybe its doing the shopping without looking at the cost of anything. i aspire to putting 4 michelins on the car without looking to see how much they are first

pondo

A Russell Brand video struck a nerve today – you can buy pleasure but you can’t buy happiness.

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^ you watching one of his videos certainly helps to make him very rich. All booked offshore too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I confess I have not read the whole thread but I am surprised no one has tried to name names, surely the easy guess has to be one of myself, tmh or cfh ?

km79
    Free Member

^that is the most cringeworthy post I’ve ever read on here.

bearnecessities

No dude, it’s the ones that don’t post 🙂

Kryton57

I fully accept there’s no reason for someone like me to earn much as I don’t have many qualifications I’m not entitled to anything

But you shouldn’t have the attitude that you can’t earn as much because you don’t have many qualifications. Sure many jobs need a degree to qualify for applying but not all and many people are well off without having degrees, you’re still entitled to earning good money you might just have to have a different approach to it. Degrees aren’t everything, I have two…

I was born in a council house and have 5 grade c gcses to my name. I earn a very good wage. i just work hard/smart and have had a little bit of luck thrown in. Id be a lot more financially rich if i didnt live in London to be fair!

Am I rich? Yes i am – i have a wife and two fantastic children living in our Victorian semi and we have voluntary hugs every day and little achievements every so often. To me, thats off the scale rich, money isnt everything.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘who is the richest person on here’ is closed to new replies.