Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,380 total)
  • Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders
  • mrbelowski
    Free Member

Me, Matt and Rob had a nice blast on Wednesday – thoroughly enjoyed it, but i think I’ll bring a thinner bike next time. And a means to buy beer 🙂

I might be able to get out a bit over easter, kids permitting

theglover
    Free Member

Yeah was a great night for it. I will be out again on the 23rd.

Cheers

dannyh
    Free Member

Progress.

I managed a shortened version of my usual ride this morning, and I didn’t feel too bad(!)

Hopefully I will be out to play on Wednesday, but you lot will need to be patient with me I think!

Can someone please let me know the meet as I am now out of sync?

scandal42
    Free Member

Had a cracking day riding locally yesterday, 25 miles and some cheeky new bits around Charnwood that I have never seen before. A bit of a take any track that presents itself type of day.

All done on the single speed as well, legs feeling it today mind 😛

Anyone have any issue if we do Woodhouse this week? I haven’t been able to attend the ride over there for a few months now.

dannyh
    Free Member

Shall we set the meet as 7pm Wednesday 16th April in Woodhouse Eaves village car park?

I promise I’ll show you the nice new bit I’ve found and a ‘super-cheeky’ in the daylight.

Also, anyone up for an away day Saturday 26th April (I can’t really get a pass over the easter weekend)? If the weather holds, it would be a great opportunity to do Cut Gate as it should be getting pretty nicely rideable up there by now.

I don’t want to put a downer on Cannock on Easter Saturday, but you guys do realise how busy it will be if the sun is out, don’t you?! Form an orderly queue at the start of every 300 yard section!

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Bah, I’m supposed to be on the sauce on Wednesday :(. Will see if it’s been cancelled 🙂

schmiken

I will be there Wednesday, for once I’m not working!

asbrooks

Danny, I was thinking of doing Cannock on Monday morning if anyone is interested or if someone has a better idea for Monday. I can’t get out otherwise.
    This Wednesday could be a possibility for me now. Won’t really know till Tuesday night (must remember to pick my kit on my way out this time 😳 )

everyone
    Free Member

I’ll come out on wednesday! (Schmiken, we could ride up together?)

schmiken

Yes mate, ride up to mine and we can head out from there.

jez130
    Free Member

Still suck in Blackheath.

asbrooks

Hi Gents, I’m in tonight. Where are we meeting up this week?

dannyh
    Free Member

The meet is 7pm Woodhouse Eaves Village Car Park. I think this might be out of sequence, but it was specifically requested! Plus I can show you a nice new couple of hundred yards of trail I have found as well as around 1km of naughty stuff that we would be too conspicuous on with the lights blaring out, but we can do now with the light holding out to 8pm.

Anyway – roll call.

I’m in, Andy (hope that is your name asbrooks!) is in, see you there.

We can also discuss a potential upcoming Peaks trip on Saturday 26th April.

So much to get excited about!

scandal42
    Free Member

I am in chaps, although I have brakes to shorten and fit when I get in otherwise I’ll be riding the ss 😯 and holding everyone up.

schmiken

I’m in, and so is Nathan I believe.

dannyh
    Free Member

Scandal – ride the singlespeed – at least that way I’ll stand half a chance. This time last week I couldn’t hold a pen to write my forearms hurt so much(!)

My ride on Sunday was a shortened version of the one we did at Christmas time (I went back down to Blackbrook from the monastery and roaded it most of the way back from there) and I was still feeling it yesterday. I am not in great nick at the minute. Have a heart…………

everyone
    Free Member

Yea I’m in.

scandal42
    Free Member

I did a very similar route on the same day with a few diversions thrown in Danny. I also found some great cheeky sections and a different route of a hill near your house?

asbrooks

I wouldn’t worry too much about your fitness Danny, I’ll still be bringing up the rear (so to speak 😯 ), I feel bad about holding you guys up.

dannyh
    Free Member

Scandal.

We can have a quick chat about it when we meet – I won’t do it on here as we have been ‘warned’ in the past about being too open about cheeky stuff. I hope we are referring to the same hill near my house – although I’ll be pissed off if you’ve managed to find something it has taken me 8 years to discover!

Suffice it to say, though, it will be quite a different route to the ones we usually do over my way – we will end up on the outskirts of Loughborough at one point…………

scandal42
    Free Member

I really hope someone checks this….

I have had an absolute sitter and I’m not going to be there.

I’m absolutely pissed off as was gagging to get out. Sorry guys and especially sorry if you are waiting for me.

asbrooks

Another great ride last night, what a difference it makes when it’s dry!
    Danny, thanks for Guiding us around last night and I hope you’re feeling better this morning mate!
    Have a good weekend one and all!

scandal42
    Free Member

Tell me you didn’t wait long?

I was fuming last night, shortened first brake hose, perfect, shortened 2nd hose (rushing) total disaster, looked at the clock and let out a few expletives.

Bleed kit ordered 😳

dannyh
    Free Member

No worries Scandal – it was ‘called’ at about 7-05pm, just late enough to allow schmiken and Nathan to come sprinting up the road to join the group.

Man alive – I was really enjoying last night’s ride until the bloody migraine genie popped up.

Massive thanks to Schmiken for driving me home – not having to ride there saved me from an absolute blinder – I’m not feeling great this morning at all, but I would have been in a much worse state if I’d got home any later.

I’m going to have a strong word with myself about this – migraines cannot impinge on biking!

I’m not around next week – but hope to see some of you the week after. And if anyone is up for the Peaks on Saturday 26th then you are more than welcome.

everyone
    Free Member

Great ride last night guys! Although the sprint in was a bit savage.

asbrooks

Everyone, next time work a little harder getting there. It’ll give me more of a chance in keeping up 😀

rascal
    Free Member

Anyone out and about on bikes this afternoon (Mon)?

asbrooks

Danny, thanks for guiding me around today. Another great ride.
    Here are the stats you asked for;
    Distance 34.53km
    Time 2hrs58mins (we’ll say 3 hours)
    Climb 346ft.
    Have a good week away with the family and hopefully I’ll see you Saturday.

scandal42
    Free Member

I might be bumbling around cademan Rascal but that’s about it.

I’m not entirely sure you have the correct climbing stats there asbrooks 😀

dannyh
    Free Member

I hope those climbing stats are wrong!

Just doing my rule of thumb guesstimate (counting upward contour lines only) I’ve always made that route out to be somewhere between 450 and 600 metres of ascent, I was just a little surprised when scandal clocked it at 2100 ft which would be about 640m if my basic maths is up to it.

Anyway, sounds like this could become a talking point.

The basic plan for Saturday is to get pedals turning ASAP on arrival at Ladybower. I plan to do the climb from the Bridge End car park and do Lockerbrook as a descent before heading off northwards to do a Cut Gate out and back. On arrival back at the reservoirs we can then decide on whether to do a quick blast up to Whinstone Lee Tor as well, or just roll back to the cars.

I’ll be without any form of communication until Friday pm, so I guess if any of you guys want to combine lifts etc, then it would probably be best if you did so and didn’t worry about me.

If we do the same as last time (meet Trowell services northbound at 8-30am), then we can get there at a decent time, hopefully bag some free parking and then ride at a nice contained pace. My fitness is not optimal right now, so not putting ourselves under any pressure by getting up there late would be best(!)

If anyone is interested, stick a post on here. If not, I’ll be going anyway.

Have a good un on Wednesday night and hopefully see some of you at Trowell on Saturday morning (although I won’t be buying anything at that service station again, the prices last time made me feel a bit faint!)

rascal
    Free Member

Just got back from Swithland area Matt cheers – hope you have a good spin out your way – lovely and dusty apart from a bit small bits – a lots of yummy dogshit!

mrbelowski
    Free Member

The amount of dog shit on the paths and trails round Swithy is, frankly, disgusting. In fact all the paths in Charnwood forest are covered in the stuff. Bloody infuriating.

You fellas riding on Wednesday? I still owe pints

everyone
    Free Member

I’m probably in, where and what time we meeting this week?

asbrooks

Actually Danny it was 593.78 m. I was looking in the wrong place.
    593 is more like your estimate.
    I’m not out this coming Wednesday, going to gig with the significant other. Have good ride though!

dannyh
    Free Member

Cheers for the clarification on the stats, I was about to go into a massive depression!

600m over 21 miles is the sort of stats that you see for mbr recommended rides in the Chilterns or Surrey Hills, so it is not as crap round here as a lot of people make out!

rascal
    Free Member

Hope to be out Weds – first day back in work after 3 weeks off so have to see if they want their pound of flesh! Man Within Compass car park Weds 7pm?

scandal42
    Free Member

Yep, Man Within Compass sounds good to me.

Hopefully last nights and todays rain dries out before hand as it was running nicely last Friday.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Forecast looks OK. I’ll try and make it if all is well with the nippers

rascal
    Free Member

Hello folks…just wondering how many are likely to be out tomorrow.
    Lights on charge and looking forward to it as not been for quite a while.
    I know the NWLRC spiritual leader Danny won’t be there – Scandal, the mantle passes onto you – you in? 😉

everyone
    Free Member

I’m planning on being there.

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,380 total)

The topic ‘Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders’ is closed to new replies.