Home Forums Chat Forum Which usernames do you always read incorrectly?

• This topic has 105 replies, 68 voices, and was last updated 3 hours ago by zomg.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • Which usernames do you always read incorrectly?
    DrP

Alex Facepalm

Me too!

I assume it’s palace fan or something…

Also… Chapaking HAS TO BE chapaking….

Goes off to check…

DrP

desperatebicycle

Unfortunately, I work in IT, so always remember chakaping

midlifecrashes

I wonder what @sirromj had as a username before his knighthood?

big_scot_nanny

Came in to say ‘Ass Hat’, glad I’m not the first! Turbo Flard too :-)

Edit, ooh, also Mrs Jmke or something like that?

Edit 2: yes, also Alex Facepalm!

finbar
    Free Member

Did there used to be (perhaps still is) two quite prolific posters called simonfbarnes and simondbarnes?

kayak23

chakaping….chakaping

chakaping let me rock you let me rock you chakaping, let me rock you it’s all I wanna do, chakaping let me rock you let me rock you chakaping, let me rock you cuz I feel for you…

Etc.

sirromj

McCruisyKen

johndoh
    Free Member

Not strictly ‘incorrectly’, but I always read ‘Gnusmas’ as Samsung – my brain automatically flips it to the word I recognise.

midlifecrashes

Did there used to be (perhaps still is) two quite prolific posters called simonfbarnes and simondbarnes

Absolutely. SimonDBarnes is still posting and active, SimonFBarnes (RIP) used to lead rides and take a lot of photos with bogtrotters group over by the Lakes.

nickc

There are far far too many ‘Stu’ names on the forum, last time I counted there were at least 5 maybe more. I always get them confused and I’m always slightly surprised if two different Stu’s appear on the same thread.

Also, Mid File Crashes, don’t ask me why, I’ve no idea

finbar
    Free Member

SimonFBarnes (RIP) used to lead rides and take a lot of photos with bogtrotters group over by the Lakes.

Oh heck – that’s a put a downer on the thread. How sad.

joshvegas
    Free Member

There was quite a nice thread at the time. Lots of happy memories posted.

crazy-legs

. @finbar – December 2020 he passed away but he’d been unwell for a while before that following a heart attack (and recovery) followed by a second, much more serious heart attack.

Man down :-( RIP Simon F Barnes

finbar
    Free Member

That was a nice thread, thank you for digging it out. 2020 – God, time feels compressed since Covid.

Back to silly forum names…!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Scot routes always confuses me. I see the fish in the middle and my focus is on that.  I don’t even fish.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

“macruisekee” always reads as “McCruising”… Like a generic budget boat based holiday.

I though “asshat” was simply being refreshingly upfront about their self-image. Every day school day etc.

globalti is clearly a fan of takeaway, but why it must be glowing I have no idea.

Cougar is not a cougar. Confusing.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I always hear Cougar as Cog Wire, That’s only because of the American inability to pronounce jaguar correctly.

ElShalimo

adjustablewench  – my brain thinks it is adjustable wRench

ampthill –  I read ant hill every time

Cougar

chakaping and maccruiskeen I genuinely read as chap-a-king and mac-cruisin’ until this thread.

The real question though is, why matt_outandabout referenced as M_OAB and not M_OAA?

Cougar is not a cougar. Confusing.

Well, you say that, but…

Cougar

I always hear Cougar as Cog Wire

bearnecessities

Scotroutes + brain = Socrates

doris5000
    Free Member

Scot routes always confuses me.

You’re a fine one to talk, Nevill Nevill!

Northwind

If I had a pound for everyone that calls me Northwood I’d have at least three pounds. Which isn’t a lot but it’s still surprising that it’s more than one.

BoardinBob

If I had a pound for everyone that calls me Northwood I’d have at least three pounds. Which isn’t a lot but it’s still surprising that it’s more than one.

Never mind that, the real issue is the fact there’s you, Northwind, and some other 3rd rate tribute act, TheNorthwind on here

ahsat

Some of these responses to my username are hilarious.

Ahsat is a woman? Well I never got that, and it will likely change the context I understand her posts in future

Woman on STW shocker! Yes I probably do come at things from another perspective at times as a result

I’m dyslexic, so the reversed name is somewhat a play on how my head feels at times.

maccruiskeen

Nevill Nevill!

Neil N Evil

maccruiskeen

nickcFull Member
    There are far far too many ‘Stu’ names on the forum

I’m not sure if theres a confusing array of people called ‘nick’ on the forum or only two and I’m just confused.

Poopscoop

Woman on STW shocker!

For some reason, a woman on STW is considered incredibly exotic by most. Like dragons.

Must admit, I had also assumed you were a guy calling yourself “arsehat” though! I mean, look at my name, we are mostly children on here. Lol

Cougar

I’m not sure if theres a confusing array of people called ‘nick’ on the forum or only two and I’m just confused.

See also, Jo(h)ns and Drs.

MrOvershoot

finbar

That was a nice thread, thank you for digging it out. 2020 – God, time feels compressed since Covid.

Back to silly forum names…!

And you posted on it :)

Poopscoop

sirromj

McCruisyKen

Screenshot_20241009-225354

maccruiskeen

^I think it’s fair to say MC Cruisy Ken is the 2nd best Duran Duran tribute act you’ve seen today. Even if he’s the only Duran Duran tribute act you’ve seen today^

Poopscoop

^^ Lol :-D

BadlyWiredDog

heres a swathe of all lower case forums that must have been created around this time.

I didn’t realise user-names here were case sensitive – are they?

BadlyWiredDog

Hmmm… the actual login name doesn’t seem to be case sensitive, but the display name does, I think.

I vaguely remember that the two used to be the same, so if I inadvertently logged in as badlywireddog, it showed like that in the forum, but it may just me being deluded.

maccruiskeen

but it may just me being deluded.

no Deluded is the other guy

for a time no matter how you typed your display name when you created an a account it only displays all lowercase but the site clearly seems to remember  any capitulation in in some instances has displayed it with capitals in the accounts section but doesn’t display it on the forum

maccruiskeen

so if I inadvertently logged in as badlywireddog

there was a period when folk could change their display name for their account completely l,  including using other forum users names as their display name. Much to the hair-pulling frustration of the mods and a bit of banhammer swinging

Houns

If Scotroutes causes too much confusion then just call him Onion, he loves that.

Bunnyhop

Perchypanther. Many must have misread as Percy (I hold my hands up),

I nearly chose PennyFarthing for my user name, but Bunnyhop was more mtb.

P20

I’m married to @ahsat and I have to recheck how I’ve typed that every time

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.