• This topic has 168 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 169 total)
  • Which person would you really not want to meet from STW….
  • robdob
    Free Member

…… Because their forum postings drive you mental with rage or despair??

Just thought of this reading another thread, but I’m too scared to say!!

jimmy

Go on, point the finger

Hairychested
    Free Member

Smee, I can’t imagine wanting to meet in person – he’s a spineless type IMHO.

Jamie
    Free Member

Any of you f**kers 😈

…even tho RWS was very amiable when i met him the other day. 😉

trailmonkey

This one should be fun 😯

robdob
    Free Member

No, I won’t!!

DezB
    Free Member

robdob – Member
    …… Because their forum postings drive you mental with rage or despair??
    Just thought of this reading another thread, but I’m too scared to say!!

You’re thinking of gnargnar.
    I think he’d be good to go for a ride with.

Rage? Despair? They all make me laugh!

EDIT – there was a chap on the “old forum”, I think he was from Edinburgh, was so PC it hurt. No urge to meet him, though not ever likely.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I rarely even look in a mirror.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

why would you not want to meet *anyone* ? Whatever you think you might know about someone is likely to be wide of the mark…

robdob
    Free Member

[sits back with a cuppa and a biscuit]

hora
    Free Member

SFB without his clothes on 😳

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

SFB without his clothes on

in your nightmares :o)

jojoA1
    Free Member

There are people who make me rage and despair, but I think I’d still like to meet them out of curiosity.

Rude boy would be first to spring to mind. However, I don’t think of him as ‘not a nice person’ just more infuriating than anything.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Having met 32 of STW’s finest the other day at Sherwood Pines on a ride, only a couple of who I had met before, I can quite confidentally say I’d happily meet anyone off here. How people put themselves across on a computer and how they are in real life are often quite different.

BTW, I don’t put out on the first date.

miketually
    Free Member

That robdob bloke’s a bit of a …

😉

wors

BTW, I don’t put out on the first date

Sootyandjim.

Avocado
    Free Member

There are one or two that I’d like to meet, just to see if they’re as good on a bike as they like to think they are.

I can’t imagine anything worse that meeting Rudeboy. I’d have no common ground, couldn’t even talk about bikes because he rarely seems to do any riding, prefering to spend his time composing white-noise filibusters for this forum.

hora
    Free Member

I’d like to meet jojoA1 based on her pic (oh, Ive crossed a line havent I?) 😳 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

jojoA1…
    Rudeboy

Avocado…
    Rudeboy

How people put themselves across on a computer and how they are in real life are often quite different.

Indeed…

zaskar
    Free Member

None of those whinging pommes.

Probably some of the folks who have a good sense of humor.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

prefering to spend his time composing white-noise filibusters for this forum.

doesn’t this merely expose your own lack of attention ?

samuri
    Free Member

samuri

molgrips
    Free Member

Bear in mind that the way people come over on forums is only a cross-section of their personality and often not really what they’re like in real life. You’d see more of a person IRL and you’d build a much better picture of what they are like.

For instance, if someone rants and rages on here, you’ve got no body language or facial expressions to go by – so you jump to perhaps the wrong conclusion and then they get upset, and things just degenerate. This is much less likely to happen IRL of course.

To answer the OP I’d meet anyone from here – I have an open mind. I don’t hate Gnargnar, Smee or Rudeboy. How’s that for PC? 😉

barca
    Free Member

monksie

MrSmith
    Free Member

i want to meet avocado. sounds like we have something in common.
    also sooty and jim, been years since i have ridden with him
    :halcyon days:

there are plenty of nobbers on this forum but one persons top bloke is anothers complete nobber. that’s life.

jojoA1
    Free Member

I fail to see how you could hate someone when you’ve never met them anyway.

Avocado
    Free Member

doesn’t this merely expose your own lack of attention ?

No, it exposes my ability to learn quickly that Rudeboy’s posts contain nothing more than piffle, waffle and froth. I doubt he could make a point with a pencil sharpener.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

No, it exposes my ability to learn quickly that Rudeboy’s posts contain nothing more than piffle, waffle and froth.

can you do better ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hmmmm, could the fact that our very own RudeBoy recently had an avocado related incident possibly be related to the recent appearance of the new member called Avocado (Member Since
    March 13, 2009 (5 days) )

I wonder….

Moses

I’ve met Rudeboy (briefly) IRL – he’s fine.
    I’d be wary about Smee & the bloke who runs a printing shop in Lancashire, but they might turn out fine.

I’m too wet & liberal, me.

rj
    Free Member

I met Smee at the New Year ride at Inners. He was perfectly pleasant.

wors

I’ve only met Junkyard of here, nobody else can be as bad as him 😀

EDIT – This is a joke, John is a sound Guy! 🙄

sootyandjim
    Free Member

also sooty and jim, been years since i have ridden with him
    :halcyon days:

Shucks :oops:.

Hopefully I’m going to get down to that there London for a long weekend in the summer, I may bring the bike with me.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

RudeBoy recently had an avocado related incident possibly be related to the recent appearance of the new member called Avocado

oh, well spotted!

I’ve only met Junkyard of here, nobody else can be as bad as him

I would have labelled him “mostly harmless” 🙂

Spongebob
    Free Member

I nominate me! (can’t believe I haven’t been mentioned already)

I guess robdob needs a mention too for bringing up such a topic.

BTW, I am the same in real life as on here. Just add lager! 😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve met loads of people off here and they have all been great and I’ve had a right laff many a time. Even some of the ones I’ve disagreed with or that I think come across as pillocks I’d like to meet, because I’d imagine they are pretty cool in ‘real life’ TBH.
    😀

Avocado
    Free Member

I’d like to meet tandemjeremy… I’d love to see his facial expressions when he’s getting himself so wound up. And, I think it’s far more fun mocking liberals and pseudo scotch people face to face.

Gary_M
    Free Member

what/who are ‘scotch people’?

jimmy

rj – who are you? I was there at NY’s too. Are you under a new name since t’new forum?

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Well Scottish people are actual people who come from Scotland.

‘Scotch people’ are people who were actually born elsewhere (and may not have any actual connection with the place) but go on about the country more than any right minded Scottish person does.

Also known as plastic jocks.

See also, Rod Stewart.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Which person would you really not want to meet from STW….’ is closed to new replies.