Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 289 total)
  • Where does everyone live?
  • tadpole
    Free Member

reeth in swaledale

therealhoops
    Free Member

Ex of Plymouth. Now living in Stockport.

From one muff to another.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Brighton, darling.

We have some mini DH at Wild Park and a fair bit of wiggly narrow singletrack at Stanmer Park as well as the Downs within pedalling distance.

Oh, and some very big scary dirt jumps at Patcham Place where the bmx/dj crossover happens. I don’t ride there, I bounce less when I hit the ground these days.

twohats
    Free Member

niceandy – Member

Twohats, I notice you’re also in GB. Don’t think I’ve seen you out though. Do you ride wíth any of the clubs?

Nah, not really down with the club thing. I mix it up with mates and due to work/young family, a lot of solo MTBing/road riding.

Philby

Born and bred in North Leeds and now residing in the bike theft hotspot of Bristol.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Richmond. Sadly not the one in N Yorkshire.

Used to live up in Yorkshire – various villages outside Skipton, Ripon, Harrogate, etc – but had to move to London for work. 🙁

brokensoul
    Free Member

ir_bandito – Member
    brokensoul – Member
    Wakefield.
    Commiserations. I grew up there.

It’s not all that bad, even from this side of Wakefield, I’m only a 20 minute drive from the MTB Mecca that is Morley.

ampthill

Bedfordshire, you’ll never guess which town………

baznav73
    Free Member

South wiltshire almost in hampshire, great riding 5 mins from door and the whole of salisbury plain to play on 🙂

schnor
    Free Member

*waves at trailhound*

I’m inbetween llangollen and ruabon

Solo
    Free Member

Err.

I’m experiencing the delights of life in Coventry these days.

I haven’t been here long enough to find any trails

But got my first road ride in, last weekend.

I’ve no idea if I can pick up any MTB riding straight out the front door and I’m liking less, the idea of driving to ride.

😀

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Shipley here, some wonderful riding on the doorstep.

Keando

Luton…

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

@ junkyard…Parbold Hill? Do you remember Henry Africa’s and it’s topless bar staf 😛

nellycrosscheck
    Free Member

Thackley, Bradford. Moors and woods right on my doorstep. Brilliant!

teed
    Free Member

York (centre of the world!).
    It’s flat as f*** here, but only 30mins from the edge of the moors so not all bad!

tenfoot

Mid-Kent. No mountains but lots of nice woodland and I’m based at the foot of the north downs, which give some gravity based thrills. All trails easily accessible from the front door plus there’s bedgebury not far away.

Could be worse.

sam42
    Free Member

Bury Lancs.

futuresorange
    Free Member

fathomer – Member

Leicester, not much of note tbh!

How very dare you sir! There are hundreds of plowed farming fields in South Leicestershire just waiting to be ridden on…… 😥

crispybacon
    Free Member

Ex-pat from Devonshire now resident over the border in Kernow.

I have Dartmoor 30 mins away, Bodmin Moor 20 mins & a local loop of anything from 7 to 25 miles from my doorstep so can’t complain 🙂

duffle
    Free Member

Another for Morley!!
    but ride more over Calverley,Esholt Shipley cos it gooder than Gildersome :mrgreen:

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Lightcliffe, just outside of Brighouse. Great riding round here.

antigee

out the north end of sheffield (as in arctic monkeys)on the main road below wharncliffe – plenty of good riding from home both on and off road, moving to melbourne, victoria in the (uk) summer

wildheart
    Free Member

Harrogate for me these days after a 20yr stretch dahn London.
    Nidd Gorge is my stomping ground,Grade A singletrack all the way.

sporteus

Garrigill

legalalien
    Free Member

Started off in Blackburn – happy days of horizontal rain and having my bike blown out of my hands while trying to crawl into Darwen Tower for shelter.

Meandered to Cambridge, which was ok. There was riding to be found if you looked for it, but it just wasn’t the same as oop North.

Ended up in the bullet-dodging, bereft of mountains, economically bankrupt (literally) city of Detroit! No idea where the nearest mountain is, but lots of ‘mini trail centre’ type managed singletrack nearby, so I’m spoiled for that really. Lack of mountains and general gnarr still won’t stop me ordering a Cotic Rocket though 😈

dantsw13

East Sussex – bloody hilly for the south!! Great riding right from the door. There’s much more here than just the South Downs!!

muddy247
    Free Member

Richmondshire, just one big hill away from Godzilla! Plenty of good routes on the doorstep, swaledale only a short drive away- Fremington edge, Gunnerside and Hurst all regular rides. Hamsterley is only half hour away too!

breadcrumb

Between Cockermouth and Maryport in Cumbria.

10 minutes from Whinlatter, 20 minutes to Keswick. Quite lucky really…

Ambrose

Costa del Garnant, Sir Gaerfyrddin, De Gymru.

South West fringe of the Brecon Beacons, nice 🙂

banks
    Free Member

Marple, It’s uphill to the Roman lakes for me though

smell_it
    Free Member

Crumpsall, where else?

Dibbs
    Free Member

As far as I can see, so far I have the Quantocks to myself 🙂

Slogo
    Free Member

I live in The Seychelles, Just lots of sailing, snorkelling, kayaking for me

nick3216
    Free Member

Bedfordshire

Not short of boring bridleways (better than Lancashire where I used to live), and then there’s Woburn and Chicksands for tech.

nick3216
    Free Member

essex lad landed in Munich, Germany…. it’s alright. 45mins to the alps (just received another dumping of snow!!!). good beer. nice city/lifestyle. naked birds in summer along the river, which is nice….
    roll on summer…. snow free trails and leisurely oogling on the way back from the beer garden…

If things go well I’m moving to Munich soon. Singlespeed friendly?

gren
    Free Member

Right on the edge of the MOD land at Pirbright ranges. Riding carefully these days

Dave
    Free Member

If things go well I’m moving to Munich soon. Singlespeed friendly?

Trails in and around town, especially Isar River would rock singlespeed.

Train out to Tegernsee or other valleys for more mountainous riding but most do able, if a bit sustained.

Tegernsee has the best post ride spot to wait for trains back to Munich too: http://www.braustuberl.de/

loowcie
    Free Member

Ye Olde Durham. 10 Mins from Hamsterley 🙂

widge34
    Free Member

24 years in the FOD. Last 18 years in Monmouth SE Wales, 4 miles from where I lived, so not moved far but it is another Country and County.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 289 total)

The topic ‘Where does everyone live?’ is closed to new replies.