Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 289 total)
  • Where does everyone live?
  • IvanDobski
    Free Member

Another kendal-ite here…

Sandwich

I liked the Tegernsee when I cycled past it last year, route checking for work. Some good cafe experiences on that ride (Munich to Salzburg).

warpcow
    Free Member

Glasgow bred, but living in central Sweden for the foreseeable future. Highest point in the Wales-size county is about 120m, but it’s more than made up for by the techy, rocky terrain left by ice-age glaciers.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Halfway up a hill, Hope Valley, Peak District.

sprootlet
    Free Member

Sunny Brentwood Essex, by way of Durham, Lossiemouth and Middlesbrough.
    Got some local stuff on the doorstep but DIY seems to be taking over MTB time….:(

Candodavid
    Free Member

Grown in Boroughbridge, moved down Somerset 18 years ago and enjoying the shockingly awful riding that’s available on Mendip , quantocks and wherever else I can get to

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Daaaarset. 1/4 hrs ride to the beach and the Purbecks. Generally speaking its pretty blooming good 🙂

airbus387
    Free Member

Falkirk(central scotland) 😀

theboatman
    Free Member

Kilburn, Derbyshire; it’s alright.

stumpyjon

10 minutes (by bike) from Lee Quarry, 45 mins from Gisburn, 1.5 minutes from the natural trails, right on the Rossendale, Burnley and Calderdale borders at 1150ft above see level. Miles of trails in every direction and plenty of elevation. The only downside is nearly every ride ends up with an uphill section.

Prophet2
    Free Member

Cardrona Village, just past Glentress. One or two hills worth riding in 🙂

millcar
    Free Member

Mansfield, has its downsides, its upsides (15 mins from Pines and huge areas of fairly flat XC trails) and its sideways bits..

IainFP
    Free Member

Seascale, on the Cumbrian coast. 10mins pedal for Wasdale 😀

SaxonRider

Cardiff, from Canada via Manchester.

You all know what the riding is like in these here parts.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Another yorkshire lad. Ripon to be precise.

stratman
    Free Member

Fritchley – not too far from Matlock. Some good riding from the door

foolishmiracles
    Free Member

Skegby, Notts. 1 min ride from the Teversal Trails, 30 mins ride from the Pines, 30mins drive to some good riding in Derbys – musn’t grumble.

didmatt
    Free Member

Spent 25yrs living on the coast in Yorkshire, had Dalby 25mins away and all of the North Yorks moors within an hr.

Now Live in Bristol, rains alot here though…

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Bridle way from my garden direct to the South Downs 😀

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Double post.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Rainworth, Notts. About 5 minutes ride from Sherwood Pines & less than an hours drive to the Peak District.
    Although possibly moving to Mid Wales 😀

boxbuster
    Free Member

I’m from the only village in England to have both a zoo and a vineyard!! Not a great area for riding a bike though

leonardsmalls
    Free Member

About 2 miles from Hopton. Go there most weeks.

trailhound
    Free Member

Schnor – would I have seen you out and about – eglwsygs perhaps? Give me a shout if your ever riding down this way!

robhughes
    Free Member

The isle of wirral. 🙂

jwmlee
    Free Member

Saltaire just out of Bradford.

dannyh
    Free Member

Like BillOddie – in the middle of the precipitous region that is Charnwood, just north of Leicester.

To echo his sentiments, it really isn’t as crap as you might think, but a few byelaws need to go by the wayside to ride most of the best bits. As with most areas, the further you go away from the posher bits, the more liberal the attitude to riding – why do people who have loads of dosh seem to be more miserable than everyone else????

I still bugger off to the Peak District at the first sniff off a pass from the missus, though.

sparkyrhino

CAS VEGAS

chris_db
    Free Member

Otley. Chevin. Gisburn. Washburn. Rombalds. Dalby.

All good, just wish I was 30 yrs younger and a similar number of pounds lighter!

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Base camp level, NW Alps

stewartc
    Free Member

Originaly from Ash/Aldershot area now Hong Kong, no plans to return

Zoolander
    Free Member

Bournemouth.
    It’s quite pleasant, a bit flat though – with the exception of the purbs up the road

kerv
    Free Member

Newport Pagnell here, 120miles of Milton Keynes cycle route on my doorstep and Brickhill woods only a half hour, off road pedal away. 🙂

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Linlithgow (roughly mid-way between Edinburgh and Glasgow). Pretty good trails out the door and this makes up about 90% of my riding. Glentress about 45 minutes away, Pentlands about 30 minutes away and pretty good riding round Stirling too though a lot of it relies upon local knowledge.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Newcastle. I guess it’s fairly ideally placed between many trail centres and close to some more natural riding.

1.5 hours to Hamsterly?
    1.5 hours to Kielder?
    2 hours and a bit to Dalby?
    2 hours and a bit to Glentress?

I don’t go out nearly enough. Need some non parent riding mates!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Conset. Co. Durham – The mountainous post industrial geordie hinterland. – right on the coast to coast (you know for winter training), good natural terrain and 1/2 an hour closer to all of the above listed trailcentres than Newcastle.

shiny
    Free Member

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Great local riding near me but the UK trail centres are a hefty trip!

shiny

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, California

swedishmatt
    Free Member

oliverd1981: I do the Derwent run quite often, starting in Gateshead/Blaydon. I always think “Ah I’ll reach the cafe soon” when hitting Consett. Don’t know why my brain retards every time I pass that Mcd.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Matt – if you’re going past McDonalds you’re going the wrong way! instead of tuning left in blackihll and following the road you should go straight over, past Blackhill club and then over the fell to the Grove and pick the c2c up at Lydgetts junction.

There’s some nice cheeky singletrack from the top up Pontop pike to Hamsterley mill

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 289 total)

The topic ‘Where does everyone live?’ is closed to new replies.