Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Whens the last time you've broken something on the bike?
  • Tracey

This years Alps trip.

Me. Frame, helmet and jacket plus forks not working properly.

Kevin. Frame and rear mech.

Abigale. Forks not working properly.

Expensive great time was had

Alex

My Spank 777 evos

Although more very bent than actually broken. That’s what happens if you use them to lever the bike and rider from a prone position 🙂 Hotlines were great tho – replaced for half price.

Mechs, shifters, ST4 frames, this list goes on…

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Last week i broke my Ultegra rear mech, hope jockey wheels, Ultegra front mech, Dura ace chain,

Did you manage to stay on the bike in the process? 😀

michaelmcc
    Free Member

That’s what happens if you use them to lever the bike and rider from a prone position

Explain? 😆

Alex

Off the tiniest of jumps, landed in a patch of mud introducing an unwanted tank-slapper into my life. bike went down sideways on the bar with all my weight still attached… at which point kenetic enegy took over and flipped the whole lot upside down. It’s hard to explain but if you were there apparently very easy to laugh at.

willard

Last year at Cannock Chase. It was absolutely tipping it down and I was hungover. My back wheel kicked off a wet log and tipped me down a hill, taking my brake lever [roughly] against the top tub of my frame and snapping the bit that holds the lever onto the reservoir.

Touch wood, that was the last time.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My road bike was worse for wear after it’s last crash.

Scuffed bar tape, saddle, shifters. The tart in me wanted to replace them all, but the sensible side looked and the cost of DA shifters and wept :'(

My MTB obeys the law of ireducible complexity, if it broke it got replaced with something simpler, as a result it’s currently a rigid SS and rarely ever breaks (CB pedals, hope rear hub, an old chain being about the sum total in the last 2 years).

Don’t think I’ve ever cracked a frame, but then most of mine have been steel hardtails.

ibnchris

Cracked top tube on my swift…no idea how!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Whens the last time you've broken something on the bike?’ is closed to new replies.