• This topic has 68 replies, 63 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tang.
Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • What's the worst thing you've found in your dinner?
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

My daughter took a liking to sugar snap peas, so she sat eating them raw last week, and then started opening them up to eat just the peas, except she found a maggot, cue an hysterical outburst..

WillH

Unexpected custard

Is that a euphemism? 😯 😈

kayak23

Chicken, on my pizza.
    Out on a bender many moons ago with a mate, we both order a drunken pizza.

I don’t eat meat
    👿

Harry_the_Spider

Slug pellets in salad.

Mackem

Broccoli

teasel
    Free Member

In a school ‘meal’ in the seventies I stumbled across a two pence sized piece of green glass in a heap of boiled cabbage. I was stunned but didn’t say anything to anyone, simply moved it to the side of my plate and sheepishly carried on eating.

Also, once found this weird worm at the bottom of a bottle of tequila…

jekkyl

Wedding anniversary meal with a couple with whom we share our wedding anniversary, expensive Thai Restaurant, in one of the curries I found a long dark hair. I spotted it before anyone ate it, complained nicely along the lines of ‘I found this in the curry’ holding it up in finger and thumb so that others in the restaurant could see. We got 50% off the whole bill which included several bottles of wine, so we went home happy and sloshing.

BillMC

I found a plastic cut off corner from a bag and a staple in the same curry. Complained. No apology. Never went back there even though I wasn’t paying.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

having a meal in a shared house yonks ago, one of the girls goes very red in the face, rushes from the table and spits the remainder of her sausage which turned out to include part of an eyelid complete with lashes – a bit chewy she later divulged

MSP

Pineapple on a pizza. I mean FFS why why why would anybody do that, the inhumanity of it.

willard

Found broken glass in a packet of peanuts once. I thought they were a bit crunchy.

A friend was working out in Beijing a while ago and, whilst eating int he company canteen, found part of a jawbone in his lunchtime stew.

andytherocketeer

a KFC

oh and a pin a mince pie

oh and squeezy cheese in a sausage

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Worst thing I found in my pub dinner yesterday was my dinner.

justinbieber

A pig tooth in a sausage from Tesco.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

My friend had a chewy bit in a blueberry yoghurt. It wasn’t a blueberry but a slightly chewed

binners

I once found all my 5 a day in one meal. I was outraged!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Possum.

To be fair I had actually ordered a whole baked possum but quickly came to the conclusion that it was the most disgusting thing I’d ever tasted.

http://www.pukekura.co.nz/puke_pub/wild_food_restaurant.htm

woody2000

A piece of broken glass in some apple crumble from my (then) work canteen. Unfortunately I didn’t notice it, took a mouthful and said glass pierced the roof of my mouth and cut my tongue – thankfully I didn’t swallow it! It didn’t actually hurt all that much, I’d thought it was a bit of burnt sugar or just an overly crunchy bit of crumble topping – I got a hell of a shock when I spat it out into a napkin 🙁

thebrowndog
    Free Member

A blood-drenched sticking plaster, the sort that caterers use when they get cuts so they can see them if they come off their bleeding fingers when they are making your sandwich.

Pickers

Aunt Bessie roast potatoes. Thanks to my MiL.

mudshark
    Free Member

Four of us went to one of those upmarket burger places by The Clink in London. My mate found a piece of stiff wire in his burger, as he’s known for making a fuss it was amusing to watch him explode but by the time he’d finished we got all our food and beers for free so all very good.

jimw
    Free Member

A fag end including filter in a school pasty when I was 15. Made the pasty taste disgusting, I have not eaten one since

jimw
    Free Member

Another one with potentially more serious consequence was about 15 years ago in a local restaurant with a very good reputation.
    “Has the home made banoffi pie got chocolate in it? ” I ask.
    “No ” says waitress
    I take one large bite, clearly has chocolate in it so I spit it out.
    I complain to waitress who brings manager over. ” i’ll check whats on the packet ” she says. Comes back, “oh yes, it has white chocolate in it”
    When I explained I have a cocoa allergy and it could have caused me a real problem, the manager just shrugged and asked whether I would like some ice cream instead. She did not take it seriously and so I never went back.

shooterman

A used plaster in a pizza. Obviously came off the hand of the pizza maker!

allthepies
    Free Member

Rusty nails in a pizza in Peru.

stoffel
    Free Member

Quorn.

I_Ache
    Free Member
    nickdavies

Made myself a ham salad sandwich to take to a work event a couple of months ago – given the 5am start i wasn’t paying much attention.

Whilst eating it really confused myself – i was sure i didn’t put a lump of stilton in there, but carried on regardless assuming id thrown in some nice stinky cheese and forgotten about it.

Next morning go to make second sandwich and actually looked at the butter. It was furrier than a rat’s backside and stunk…. 🙁

tang
    Free Member

I also hate mushrooms. I found a large piece of rubber in my thick cut marmalade.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘What's the worst thing you've found in your dinner?’ is closed to new replies.