Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • What’s Inside Singletrack Issue 146? Out Today!
  • amandawishart

@vmgscot Could you share which articles you find easier to read? I’d be keen to know the preferred fonts, and also if 2 column or 3 column layouts work best.

vmgscot

Certainly @amandawishart – for me personally (and my varifocals)….

Good – Slymefoot (except Pg 26), Bring Your Eh Game, Editors Choice, Porlock, MB Soup
    Less Good – A Flying Start, Bike Test, In Praise Of, Nesbyen

midlifecrashes

Arrived today, Doncaster.

Smells fresh, not pungent. Appreciate the legibility, nice solid light panel behind text where just overlaying a busier pic can make it a struggle sometimes. Especially as I’m perusing it by the light from my Christmas tree. Cheers to all at STW Towers.

matt_outandabout

Who has received theirs?

Not here yet. I’m assuming lost, as normally it’s really quick. 🙁

convert

Arrived yesterday here (Highlands). Not opened yet – saving for Xmas.

tenfoot

I got mine last week sometime. I have a digital sub (because I found I always read the mag on my iPad anyway), but bought a physical version of 146, just for the calendar. I like having a bike related calendar up on the wall, while I’m working.

Photos look better than last year too.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

Nothing here to Stirling.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

Still nothing. 🙁 Totally gutted.

oldskool
    Free Member

Still not arrived (28th December)

safi

Not yet here either.

honeybadgerx

Nothing here in the borders either. Does 2023 even start if I don’t have an STW calendar, or am I just trapped in limbo?

Davesport

Not arrived in East Lothian yet. I’m reading old Commando Comics to get me through :o)

big_scot_nanny

Yep, still nothing in Stirling. Also 2 packets of PACT coffee have gone AWOL. I wrote to PACT, they shipped 2 replacements, which arrived next day. Original mid December ones still MIA.

So, for the stuff that got delayed by the strikes, have they just turfed it all in a bin?

matt_outandabout

Another missing in Stirling. Do we think there’s an issue with our sorting office…

oldskool
    Free Member

Finally arrived (Tweed Valley)

stwhannah

The Royal Mail central office tells me the Stirling depot hasn’t reported anything. But they won’t actually ring them to ask. So Post Office central office doesn’t actually know anything unless a depot chooses to tell them! Wonder if the snow has made things worse there? My local depot looked pretty stacked when I went to collect a parcel today. Hopefully there’ll be a flurry of mags landing in the next day or two!

Davesport

Thump! It’s here.

Many thanks. More quality reads.

clubby

Mine arrived in Carnoustie this morning. Looks like they’ve finally been given permission to cross the border.
    Hope we don’t have these delays after independence 😜

honeybadgerx

It’s arrived! Along with a load of Xmas cards…

matt_outandabout

Wump! Mine arrived, plus pile of other post, plus a pair of tyres ordered a fortnight ago.
    According to the postie they are nearly caught up…..

Harry_the_Spider

Not got it yet:-/

brakestoomuch

I just wanted to say thank you. When I saw the attention grabbing sentences in the articles (I’ve no idea what they’re called), I was expecting them to be repeats of some article text, as is done so often elsewhere. But no, they weren’t. Those sentences are one of my pet peeves, because I’m either a connoisseur or a grumpy git – probably the latter, and I was so happy that they were just part of the article made more attention grabbier. Then I started thinking about how you would choose a grabber*, where on the page it would go, how big the font would be, how you would fit the images around it…and I got a headache, so I stopped.

It’s clear that a huge amount of thought and effort goes into the magazine, from the content to the layout and all the little details that make it such a great read.

So, thank you.

* That’s what they’re called now. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Still not arrived yet 🙁 How long before it is declared lost?

Harry_the_Spider

Ah, turns out it arrived a couple of weeks ago and Mrs Spider put it somewhere tidy.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.