Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • What’s Inside Singletrack Issue 146? Out Today!
  • stwhannah

If you receive a printed copy of the magazine each issue, it’s now in the post – we can’t be sure exactly when it will land with you, but if you’re in …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

What’s Inside Singletrack Issue 146? Out Today!

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

Mark

Who has received theirs?

MrOvershoot

I usually get mine the day after you say its in the post 🙂

For some reason I have good post service and can’t remember the last time any of the couriors failed on a delivery. #JustLuckyIGuess#

salsaboy

Not me, yet.

tall_martin

Nope!

brakestoomuch

I got mine Saturday, earlier than I normally would. Perhaps Royal Mail prioritised it ahead of the strikes.

matt_outandabout

Who has received theirs?

Likely on the doormat – ours tends to arrive quickly.

stwhannah

@brakestoomuch How does the smell compare to usual? The first thing my daughter did was sniff it!

Yak

Yes, arrived a few days ago.
    Smell? Not sure. The mag has made it’s way to the toilet reading shelf, so any subtle print aromas are sadly lost.
    Cover pic is a proper ripper though. Tremendous.

thepurist

Not arrived yet – but our post is properly messed up with some black friday brake pads only just delivered

@Yak
    – slightly too much information there!

mtbfix

Not in Reading yet.

brakestoomuch

@stwhannah Sorry, my nose is too cold to smell anything at the mo. I like the mix of fonts (although now I’m wondering if you always did that and I didn’t notice) and the pictures seemed more striking this issue. I miss the full version of We Just Work Here, including Thanks To and Brought To You By (it was fun to wonder why). Overall, I like the new look. Now I just have to find time to read it, maybe over Xmas.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Cover pic is a proper ripper though. Tremendous.

Was gonna WTF but then opening it out to full A3… it is quite good

Colin-T

Got mine on Saturday. Only had a quick browse so far but really like the new look.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Just got mine, which considering the strikes and weather, is not half bad!

onewheelgood

Got mine this morning in Warwick

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

No sign of mine yet in Hampshire, probably strikes :/

Will wait patiently.

stwhannah

@brakestoomuch yes, different fonts is a new thing. Glad the pictures seem more striking too – that’s been a big part of the plan.

I wasn’t sure if anyone ever read the We Just Work here bit – now I know you do!

jimster01

Still waiting here in Malvern 😤

roger_mellie

Arrived today in North Wiltshire. Smells nice. Text is readable (more so than previous, so thanks for that). Haven’t read any articles yet.

Not a fan of the cover photo at all – basically I’m not a fan of carving trails into virgin hillsides without any thought as to what happens to that ground or whether it’s sustainable, which is what appears to be going on judging by the associated video. How long till the remaining top soil ends up at the bottom of the hill? Not very sympathetic IMHO. (And yes, I do understand how the majority of bridleways etc have evolved in the UK over time).  Anyway, I’m sure to some it’s looks ‘rad’.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Arrived yesterday 🙂

IdleJon

Smells nice. Text is readable (more so than previous, so thanks for that).

and

Not a fan of the cover photo at all – basically I’m not a fan of carving trails into virgin hillsides

+1

The calendar will go straight in the recycling bin, which is disappointing because I used to like it. It’s now an advert per month. I’m not likely to have a boring profile picture of an Orbea on my wall for a month because they’ve sponsored a page. There’s also a disconnect between the rad-wheels-in-the-air type of riding suggested by the calendar and the more sedate type of riding described in the mag each month. (The first article is a bike-packing article that could have been done on gravel bikes and been printed in Cyclist or Cycling Plus mags.)

stwhannah

The calendar is sponsored because quite simply it couldn’t continue to exist if it wasn’t. I do think the pictures in it this year are better and less corporate than in the recent past. On balance, I think I’d rather have the calendar and have it sponsored than not have it all, but others may feel differently?

Yak

I’m good with the calendar. My son takes it for his room. But it does look a bit like orbea have the main and footnote pics the wrong way round. Surely the main pic should be the action/riding/scenery and the footnote to cover the product?

jimster01

My first subscribed Singletrack, used to buy it from my lbs, came through the post this morning, love it!!

Wife isn’t impressed though, but I am finding the articles inspirational.

mtbfix

Landed today. Hooray! New font is much easier on my ageing eyes. I’d prefer ‘proper’ maps alongside the rides but I presume that incurs licencing costs and/or loss of komoot income?

MrOvershoot

As predicted It arrived this morning 🙂

Calendar is a bit Meh as apart from a few pictures its nothing like my type of riding (never worn a FF helmet) but I know it probably brings in £ from Ad revenue.

Not yet got to read never mind look at the cover of the Mag.

Cowman

I wanted to say that I really like it.  The images are fantastic, and the change from the paper and ink over the last few editions is really noticeable.  I like it, but if market forces dictate, I’d understand if you needed to go back.

The font choice is fab.

The calendar is ready to go up in my lads room, we really enjoyed looking through it last night saying had we been there, or would we put it on the list.

So in short it’s a thanks from me, and yes, I appreciate the changes.

stanley

Not received yet, but I can have a good guess what will be in it…

The stories/features that have appeared on the main page over the last week?

Happens every time. I excitedly open the latest magazine and think, “Hang on a minute… I’ve already read this!”

thepurist

Arrived yesterday for me – generally like the redesign, readability seems improved, images seem a bit zingier (is that a technical word) and the page layouts are more interesting. The only downside is that some of the content now looks similar to some of the ads – I know some other publications they use this to their advantage by having ‘advertising features’ where an ad looks like it’s part of the content so maybe it’s an intentional step?

Oh and the smell – similar fragrance but a bit less pungent. And that’s before it got the @Yak treatment 😀

stwhannah

@thepurist I think it’s more the case that Amanda tried to place ads so they look like they’re part of the features! She’s especially pleased with the ad in the Orange review 🙂 We’re certainly not trying to make features look like ads – and if they are sponsored features it’ll be clearly marked as such.

tractionman

This issue I liked a lot, all the features are much more my cup of tea, my only suggestions would be to add captions to all the photos as I like to know where they’re of, some images have them and some don’t–plus on the maps, I know they’re featuring Komoot (which I don’t use) but I like a ‘proper’ map, call me old fashioned but an OS map’d do me just fine, not just a blue loop on a green background… (p.98)! If Komoot uses OSM, then adjusting the map layers for the image capture in the feature would make for a more effective map, showing more useful topographical information about the area and the route.

cheers,

Keith

hodge

Not yet.

twistedpencil

Arrived this morning along with a backlog of other post.

Looking forward to opening it this evening.

honeybadgerx

Has anyone north of the border got it yet?

dander

Not me.

tractionman

depends which border 😉

mine’s arrived up here in ‘the’ North…

honeybadgerx

tractionman
    depends which border 😉

England / Scotland, not Yorkshire / Lancashire if that’s what you meant!

tractionman

@honeybadgerx I’m on the other side of the Irish Sea so ‘north of the border’ carries a whole different meaning over here on the island of Ireland!

vmgscot

That’s my copy arrived (East Ayrshire). First print edition in a while (just switched back from digital).

Glad to report the photos do appear much better print quality than when I dropped print sub previously.
    I like the font on some of the articles (easier to read) but the font seems to be inconsistent from article to article (maybe just the size) throughout the magazine – is that due to number of words vs space thing?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.