Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • What would you like for xmas?
  • chestercopperpot
    Free Member

C’mon guys I’ve got 50p each way riding on it.

jblewi
    Free Member

Last year I was living in a van and so I asked for vouchers for things to do.

Cinema, meals out that kind of thing.

joshvegas
    Free Member

My family close by.

And hips that allow me to move without pain.

but mostly, my family close by

To carry you?

I’d settle for the cheaper robot that just did the cleaning.

funkmasterp

I’d like an orrery or a Garmin Instinct. Won’t be getting either though and I’m fine with that. An end to depression would be brilliant if we’re doing selfish wish fulfilment.

Rubber_Buccaneer

A sex doll robot that does housework

I already have one……or were you hoping for something more elaborate?

Henry

Richie_B

The birthday present I was given the money for earlier in the year but was spent on paying for a school trip?

Klunk
    Free Member

coke ‘n’ hookers, but instead it’ll be rabib racist tory voting brexiteer inlaws for a christmas dinner gloat.

Bunnyhop

Flashy – What are you like.

nbt would keel over if he saw the prices of those gorgeous pens. However he would appreciate the quality.

He has been instructed to support the local independent stationery shop. Whether he’ll remember to do that is another matter.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Exactly the same as the OP. Browse Amazon for the least pointless things for people to waste money on.

It’s not that I’m rich and have everything I want, I just don’t have a need to fill my house with consumer items that will not get used or get thrown out.

Even dvd, blu ray etc, I just don’t do shiny discs these days apart from the odd few. I won’t get round to watching them for years anyway if at all.

Anyway, all I want is no mention of Christmas until a week before, no bloody secret santa. Just relaxed time with family, not fussed on gifts, done and then hide for New Year (pointless drunken noisy celebration of the Earth’s cycle around the sun).

Humbug.

qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve asked for a Meiser analogue Dial Gauge with Pressure Relief up to 30psi. No more need for batteries that don’t like the cold in the garage. It’s on its way…..🇺🇸

lunge

Ideally:
    Airpods
    Garmin 245 music
    A supply of the now discontinued Nike Pegasus 34’s
    A new frame as I think my road bike frame is cracked

Realistically:
    A good bottle of Port
    Some running socks

mahalo

really want a McLeod hoe and some ski goggles.

need to research both yet… any reccos?

avdave2

A sense of purpose and direction.

Would it be greedy to ask for all that and a little bit of hope thrown in?

twinw4ll
    Free Member

A lady who will love me for a long time, or for the best part of two minutes.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Being a single person paying a mortgage I dont have enough left from my salary to be able to afford things when I want them so I never have any trouble with gift ideas.

I setup a list every year and send it to my mum to co-ordinate what the couple of people get me and my fella will use it too, there’s always stuff left on it because not many people buy for me and I’ll try to get it through the year but often it’s still there the following year. Nobody goes off list because they wouldn’t know what to get otherwise, I hate getting stuff that I won’t use and I always make sure there’s a variety of price’s to choose from.

So far on the list is:
    Voucher for Morvelo
    Shimano RW5 winter road shoes – size EU40
    Pijamas
    Novelty socks
    Umbrella

but I’ve got loads more stuff to go on there yet like I need flights for Cyprus and flights for Spain, its just finding the time to research the html links for the list.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’m not fussed about myself.
    But have good ideas for the girlfriend:

Bottle of the perfume she likes (as she told me has ran out for first time in 10 years and can’t afford any) (No idea what it is, but I’ll ask her sister).
    Bottle of Chartreuse. She’s always liked “green cocktails” that commonly had Chartreuse in it. But she’d never had it on its own. We were in Paris last weekend and I bought her a glass of it which she loved – it was “that’s the flavour I’ve been looking for for years”.
    Some Niwaki secateurs from Japan. Expensive, yet excellent quality – the best in the world. Something she’d never buy for herself but would hugely appreciate as garden tools get her wet.

beej

Something she’d never buy for herself but would hugely appreciate as garden tools get her wet.

I always do my gardening in the rain too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He has been instructed to support the local independent stationery shop.

Don’t forget the paperclips! 😎

A nice pen is, however, a lovely thing. I have Cross Townsend (FP and biro) as my ‘everday’ pens, and they’re a joy to use.

avdave2

The Dandy annual and a selection box.

but I’d settle for just a moment to feel like I did when they were under the tree for me every year.

SaxonRider

A new pair of Adidas Gazelles?

You can get custom colours!

reinswood
    Free Member

You cannot be serious!!? Have you gone mental?the sooner Boris is in office the better roll on the 12th.

breadcrumb

What I’d really love is my 5 month old son to sleep through the night and not cry so much! To be honest even to sleep for 5 hours would be amazeballs.

To make things trickier on the present front it my 40th two days after Christmas and I don’t have a clue what I’d like for that either.

phil5556

I never have suggestions for what I want come Christmas time, for the last few years I’ve suggested to the family that we don’t get anything for each other, but it always falls on deaf ears. This year I think I’ve had success!

Apart from getting something for the nephews we’re not doing presents. Wife & me are probably going to treat ourselves to something together.

Alpha1653

My uncle died at the back end of last month after a courageous 4 year battle with advanced prostate cancer. He was always into running and eventially triathlon, setting up the tri club in Malmesbury and qualifying for age group GB. His son, my cousin, is also a talented triathlete and has entered the Nice Ironman with the intent of raising money for the Dorothy House Foundation who assisted greatly throughout my uncle’s battle. So, instead of the usual tat, I’ll be asking anyone who might contemplate buying me a present to spend the equivalent amount of cash as a donation to my cousin’s fundraising.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/thomas-riches?utm_campaign=pfp-share&utm_content=Thomas-Riches&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_source=Facebook&utm_term=9RJmK9848

maccruiskeen

You know how every year there’s a must-have toy that sells out really quickly and distressed parents everywhere are reduced to fighting, extortion and grovelling to get one otherwise their little darling will discover they’re not loved? A dozen of them please.

gordimhor

Can’t get what I want for Christmas, but I could celebrate 13 days of Scotland being yellow on the political map.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

World peace.

Failing that, 30 mins with Ellie Harrison and a jar of Nutella.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

For the last 2 years all I wanted for Xmas was for Mrs Egf to be well again after a bowel cancer episode.
    Now all I want is some peace & quiet cos now that she’s well again she never shuts up!
    (She can rabbit on all Xmas after what she’s been through) 🙂

You can stick all your political shite where the sun don’t shine.

edd

Normally I haven’t a clue but this year I’d quite like the Lego Defender.

This +1

Would also really like Renishaw to get my cranks to me before Christmas. 🤞

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

You cannot be serious!!? Have you gone mental?the sooner Boris is in office the better roll on the 12th.

Not Corbs you silly sausage. Christmas number one.

I agree a lying former journalist seems the logical conclusion.

joshvegas
    Free Member

So, instead of the usual tat, I’ll be asking anyone who might contemplate buying me a present to spend the equivalent amount of cash as a donation to my cousin’s fundraising.

Merry Christmas Alpha 🙂

Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘What would you like for xmas?’ is closed to new replies.