• This topic has 48 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by poly.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • What would you do now with 3 weeks off work?
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

I’ve been planning a Bikepacking trip and our current view is that it’s off the cards until we are able to stay away from home in the area we are riding in.

There’s no bookings involved so we’re going to sit tight until that time comes.

Frustating, but we’re going to accept it.

loum
    Free Member

IMO, bike packing is not going to Save The Economy like high Street shopping so it’s irresponsible , reckless, and putting lives at risk.

martinhutch

IMO, bike packing is not going to Save The Economy

I dunno, have you seen how much they’re charging for a bag with a couple of velcro loops on it? 🙂

chrismac

Just use the Cummings defence and do whatever you like

fatmountain
    Free Member

wtf

wtf1

wtf2

I always questioned this this sort of behaviour, but now I positively cannot fathom it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Not a bike packer in sight…

damascus
    Free Member

We live in crazy times and that was before covid 19!

MrOvershoot

Get some sleep/rest is my answer.
    I’m fortunate to have been working all the way through this situation, but I have probably done 40% more hours for no extra pay and it’s been stressful and exhausting plus the added complication of trying to run a 24/7 site while keeping teams distanced.
    I think Drac summed it up apart from work I’ve not left the town or done much except work or worry about work.
    I know everyone has their worries but it does grate a bit when you see people you know living it up while furloughed and your still grafting.

poly
    Free Member

You’re never going to see Boris come upto the podium and announce bikepacking is allowed, for the blindingly obvious simple reason that it’s illegal in England anyway.

“wild camping” is not illegal in many parts of England (and bikepacking per se is definitely not). Wild camping without the landowner’s permission may be unlawful (other than in Dartmoor). The distinction is subtle, but then this thread has turned into people trying to subtly read the rules the way they want.

if you want to believe it is only because they don’t want to encourage tresspass then why have the rules for sailors (agreed with the RYA) not permitted people to sleep on board their own boats (which is normally entirely uncontroversial/legal at anchor)? The RYA is a fairly powerful lobby, with plenty of tory voters and members in influential places – so its unlikely that nobody thought about it.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What would you do now with 3 weeks off work?’ is closed to new replies.