Home Forums Chat Forum What slippers for winter 24/25?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • What slippers for winter 24/25?
  • bikerevivesheffield

Not crocs

Not socks

Not indoor shoes

Not indoor trainers

Not popping to the bin

Not for the school run

What toasty warm slippers for inside?

johndoh
    Free Member

I just got some of these from Amazon – they seem to be doing the job so far – insulated so they keep my feet warm, but they don’t get *too* hot.

mattyfez

Custom made suade moccasins lined with the posh wool of your choice.

Extra points if they have tassels on them (-;

kormoran
    Free Member

Birkenstocks and wooly socks. Cosy

The Birkenstocks are 17 years old, I got them resoled and they are like new

kilo

Glerups

Slip-ons

MadBillMcMad

Who uses crocs as slippers?

What are indoor shoes?

What are indoor trainers?

Who wears slippers for the school run?

Fat-boy-fat

Hut booties. Choose your outdoor manufacturer. The North Face for me.

Yak

Furry lined crocs. Ideal for popping out to the bin and tremendous for indoor slipper duties.

johndoh
    Free Member

Furry lined crocs. Ideal for popping out to the bin and tremendous for indoor slipper duties.

Absolutely, and some of the newest styles have a much more ‘trainer’ feel to them too.

TheGingerOne

Isobaa often discounted on Sports Pursuit as they are merino so they don’t get smelly (I wear with Merino socks)

doris5000
    Free Member

I got some posh Birkenstocks for my birthday last month. They should hopefully last me a good few years (especially considering the cost!)

binners

Rab Cirrus Hut Slipper for double toastie feet

Theyre like a pair of sleeping bags for your feet

921D2664-CBBB-468B-991D-8E923C6A8101

thenorthwind

I got bought some Gumbies ones for Christmas maybe 3 or 4 years ago, and they look like new, so them. Considering I have perennially cold feet (Raynaud’s) otherwise so wear them constantly in the house from about September to May, there’s pretty impressive.

jonnyrockymountain

Mahabis here, very nice

bens
    Free Member

I was given some Ugg slippers a few years ago. Totally unwanted but they’re actually really nice. Pretty toasty but not sweaty.

I accidentally wore them to work once but we don’t talk about that.

CountZero

I wear whatever cheap Croc-analogues happen to be around, which is a pair I bought years ago from one of the cheap shoe retailers in town.
    The only problem I’ve found with them is that after I’ve been trimming the hedges out front, the thorns go right through the sole! Easy to find and pull out, though. I’m getting another pair this year, and I’m definitely getting some fleece liners for them.

The Merrell versions look fantastic, but I’m not spending £90 on a pair, £9 is more like it, plus about the same for the liner.

CountZero

Having said that, these reflective ones with a proper heel strap would be good, with a decent fleece liner…

https://crocsbr.vtexassets.com/arquivos/ids/368535/208795_7724_101.jpg?v=638210499132070000

Northwind

I had the previous version of the Rab Cirrus, was a bit disappointed that they didn’t last, warm and cozy but I think they’re just basically designed for relatively infrequent use and I wore em too much? They didn’t fall apart or anything, they just got compressed and tired and baggy and lost a bunch of their warmth.

Nearly got another pair even so as they were lovely while they lasted but I ended up with the same amazon specials as Johndoh, had em a year now and they’re good as new and still very warm and comfy. Not quite as warm as the Rabs and they don’t have the same super soft sleeping bag feel, they’re a wee bit more shoe-ey.

(I know you said “not popping to the bin” but honestly being able to pop to the bin in your slippers is really good)

igm

See if you can get a 23/24 colour way reduced to 50%?

The geometry is probably the same.

podgeskeeper
    Free Member

What ever fits the bill from Moshulu

ElShalimo

My wife has the Gumbies. They’re okay but not that robust. She doesn’t weigh much but they seem to have worn out quite quickly despite only 2 winters wear. Unlike me she looks after her stuff so they are  disappointing

radbikebro

My wife bought me some Ugg Tasman slippers last year, they’re far too warm in the summer (or if it’s above 15c) but for the colder months they’re perfect.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’m currently wearing these:
    https://www.outdoorandcountry.co.uk/mens-barbour-monty-house-slippers-aw17.html?c=Brown

Got them as a Xmas pressy 3 years ago and are wearing well.  Proper sole which won’t wear out – definitely the best slippers I’ve ever had (not that I’ve had many) but I didn’t realise they cost that much!!

chakaping

It’s hilarious/tragic how middle aged men are too precious to just wear normal slippers, and have to have some kind of outdoorsy or hipster option instead.

Just own it and pop down M&S.

Can’t beat a classic pair like this: https://www.marksandspencer.com/herringbone-slippers-with-freshfeet/p/clp60695674?prevPage=srp#intid=pid_pg1pip48g4r2c2

MoreCashThanDash

I have the Rab hut slippers, plenty warm enough. There is a higher “ankle boot” version as well. Sometimes crop up in their Mountain Outfitters factory outlet if you are nearby, but probably not this time of year.

Though definitely Crocs for the bin run. Especially with the lights fitted for dark night bin runs

kayak23

Birkenstocks and wooly socks

Reported.

tall_martin

Who uses crocs as slippers?

Me

What are indoor shoes?

The furry croc replacement of five ten slippers

What are indoor trainers?

Five ten slip ons

Who wears slippers for the school run?

I’ve been tempted to wear them on the school bike run. They are just a pair of trainers I only wear in the house

: )

pocpoc
    Free Member

Not crocs

Not socks

Not popping to the bin

Thinsulate or heat holder socks with oversized cheap croc-offs for when you want to nip out to the bin/grab something from the car.

Happy to help. Thank me later. ?

FuzzyWuzzy

Agree, never really seen the point of ‘normal’ slippers apart from when occasionally walking across cold internal floors but your feet being warm enough otherwise. For feet generally just cold then heat holders (with sole grips) are a  better solution

toby1

Got some Bikenstock Zermatts, but it’s not been cold enough to use them yet. I work from home a couple of days a week and tend to stand for a lot of that time, so need something for my battered feets to make them feel normal again. Have been in Birk Arizonas this summer which have been good.

Gumbies died after 1, maybe 2 winters for me, holes in soles worn (and burned with charcoal I stepped on accidentally, oops).

MoreCashThanDash

Five ten slip ons

Terrible you can’t get these any more. Bought some at the start of the first lockdown after recommendation on here, and they are just starting to wear out.

matt_outandabout

Too right on what M&S or M&M have online and easy.

I am currently ‘rocking’ some Penguin (brand, not imagery) leather clogs and warms socks if needed.

lunge

These. Comfy, warm, good bottoms, top class.

https://www.skechers.co.uk/relaxed-fit-melson—harmen/210378_TAN.html

inky_squid

Men's Howser II – Black Iris/Magnet

I guess you could call them ‘indoor shoes’. But they’re what I wear. Very warm. Very hardwearing, lasted for over three years.

murdooverthehill

Chakaping’s M&S link have been my go to for years, good all round use. I suffer from cold feet and they just work.

MSP
    bikesandboots

Still wearing my winter 2020 Gumbies booties, they’re my only slippers and I wear them every day on hard floors WFH

https://www.gumbies.co.uk/

TiRed

Birkenstock slippers. Wool lining is optional. I don’t.

binners

Can’t beat a classic pair like this

There are just certain things that are a psychological step too far. Even if you’re being ironic. It’s not like you can see your dad wearing them, more like your grandad in some tartan PJ’s with a cup of bedtime cocoa.

You start  here and before you know it your criticising the Beatles for their scruffy haircuts. I’m not familiar with their work personally, but I believe they’re a popular beat combo

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.