What killed off the hat?

Home Forum Chat Forum What killed off the hat?

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • What killed off the hat?
  • trail_rat

The hat is not dead …. Last nights chanel 4 news terry pratchet was on talking to jon snow wearing a —— top hat.

Legend.

CountZero

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Terry Pratchett not wearing a hat! I’ve met him several times, at book signings, and he’s always had one on.

buzz1024

Beanie at work, sealskin one if its raining. Just got a new leather widebrim to replace an ancient stetson that finally died. I like hats – they keeps me head warm and I don’t care if folk think I look like a dick.

CountZero

Currently following the progress of one of these across the Atlantic:

Proper fur, not synthetic. Toasty! ๐Ÿ˜€

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

Pictured you more in one of these CZ

to go with that nice Pendleton jacket of yours

๐Ÿ˜ฏ

๐Ÿ™‚

Another confirmed hat wearer here! I started finding my head got cold in the winter in my early 20s, and since then have had a selection of hats that make me look like a prat.

Currently favouring a Harris Tweed flat cap that I do think make me look dapper. As I’m now over 40 I think that I can carry it off.

Skull cap under the helmet for riding in cold weather, woollen breton hat (which my wife hates) for working outside / playing football etc in the winter.

I caught the end of the Terry Pratchett interview too last night, what a fantastic hat. Top fellow too, a real bugger about the Altzeimers

CountZero

Um, maccruiskeen, my Pendleton shirt, is a regular blue-grey check, wool shirt, like my check flannel shirts.
    Not unlike this one:

I don’t do bright, apart from the occasional red fleece, most of what I wear is subdued or camo.
    The Beach Boys were originally called the Pendletones, because surfers wore Pendleton wool shirts aprรจs-surf, in the cool evenings. Small pop-culture factoid, there. ๐Ÿ˜€
    That thing you posted is ghastly beyond belief, only an American could wear something like that, without irony…

MrSmith

Not a fan of TP’s books but that topper was a thing of beauty.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

That thing you posted is ghastly beyond belief,

I know, I’m only teasing. Their shirts are quite handsome. Can you imagine life in the factory where they make those jackets though. Those workers need counselling.

bikebouy

Only Hats I wear are a cycling cap (or Casquette) for riding or a baseball cap for sailing.

I say let your locks flow ๐Ÿ˜‰

CountZero – Member
    I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Terry Pratchett not wearing a hat! I’ve met him several times, at book signings, and he’s always had one on.

The hat is a part of his ‘persona’. Without it, he’s just another chap with a beard sauntering around Salisbury. (Or at least he used to be, haven’t seen him for a while now, sadly I suspect due to his deteriorating health.)

Likewise, if Slash were to tie his hair back, take the hat off, and wear something other than leather trews, he’d be largely anonymous. ๐Ÿ™‚

I would say, if anything, hats are going through a revival at the moment/ last few years. You see loads wearing flat caps out and about. I have 3 or 4, and generally don’t go out without one.

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘What killed off the hat?’ is closed to new replies.