Home Forums Chat Forum What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)

Viewing 40 posts - 3,321 through 3,360 (of 4,483 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • joshvegas
    Free Member

did they survive BEar?

BigJohn

I had a couple of old shelves in the workshop and cut them up to make a step/stool for our grandson so he can drag it round the kitchen and get up to make cakes and do the washing up.

maccruiskeen

did they survive BEar?

let’s hope he’s not busy working on his tadpole mausoleum

dmorts

I expect to see you chatting to George Dawes on telly sometime soon Phil.

He’s a baby? Do you mean George Clark?

bearnecessities

did they survive BEar?

It did prevent freezing, mostly, but one tadpole baby was irreversibly stuck to the bubble-wrap and it felt like
    an unnecessarily complicated solution, so last night I went with my original thought of just “stick a B&Q bucket over it and place a brick on top” and I have to say that was much better idea.

lankystreakofpee

Made a rough and ready manual machine with my daughter today.

I was going to buy the timber I needed but decided to make it out of offcuts I had in the garage including some skirting board, a bit of MDF and some rough sawn 4×2.

Is it perfect? No. Is it twice as good because my daughter made most of the cuts with a handsaw drilled most of the pilot holes, countersunk the screws and screwed the screws in. YES!

It will give me that warm fuzzy feeling each time I use it. I’m sure I still won’t be able to manual but it was a fun afternoon 🙂

Rich_s

Tempted to have a go making one of those @lankystreakofpee

Any tips or particular measurements that are important or critical?

Rich_s

Nerf gun rack in slatwall under #1 son’s bed.
    gun rack

lankystreakofpee

@Rich_s to be honest the measurements are a result of what I had lying around ‘just in case’ in the garage. I probably would have gone wider on the wings and used a bit of 6×2 for the base and the upright but we made it up as we went along.

I did watch some videos on YouTube for inspiration and a lot of them have a long base. The one that caught my eye was this one from Kyle Warner as his was more compact and still seemed to work OK.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I did watch some videos on YouTube for inspiration and a lot of them have a long base. The one that caught my eye was this one from Kyle Warner as his was more compact and still seemed to work OK

You know that link goes to Baby Monkey (Going Backwards on a Pig) right?

Murray

@Rich_s, love the Matrix wall. Reminds me of this:

ads678

You know that link goes to Baby Monkey (Going Backwards on a Pig) right?

🤣🤣

sirromj

This ramp/hump thing for me on my trials bike and my 4yo on his balance bike. Made from old some pallets that roofing tiles came on I was offered. Fun taking the nails out. Wasn’t as simple a project as I first thought, took longer than I hoped. Stable for regular rolling over but not so much when load comes from other directions.

dyna-ti

@Lanky
    What exactly is a ‘manual machine’ Im a bit lost as to it’s function. I must have missed the ‘manual’ thread.

kayak23

I was told that my riding kit lying about didn’t really compliment the decor and that I should make a drawer for the corner of the lav for it.

Reclaimed gnarly wood, brown Oak and inlaid ‘keys’

Flaperon

Birthday present for a friend showing live distance and elevation gain from Strava. Photo shows a prototype printed at high speed but final version won’t be much different. Also, my lack of talent in CAD led to accidentally mirror the front wheel at some point hence the cut-out for the rider’s hands in the wrong place. Easily fixed though :)

Strava thing

ESP8266 tucked away inside the base and a 1.4 inch round LCD from AliExpress in the wheel. Connects over WiFi using Strava’s API to pull the data in. Ignore the debugging stuff (green cross / stats etc on the display).

BillMC

Very nice. What wood and tools did you use?

Sandwich

Pizza cooked in the barbecue.

Ready to go in

Ready for the oven

Sliced and ready to eat

Some rye flour in the dough, prosciutto, roasted asparagus and vine tomatoes between piazzaoli and mozzarella. Some red wine to accompany it. Yum.

tthew

@Flaperon – that’s very cool. Definitely a marketable product in the making.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

I was riding this around with only one brake for aaaages. I’ve finaly got round to making the adapter to run a brake (on the sliding dropouts) on the front.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

supernova

Made a new frame bag for my Kona Sutra Ltd. 1000D Cordura with 3mm closed cell foam and bright yellow ripstop lining so it keeps its shape. Definitely not worth the effort compared to bought version.

Frame bag

kayak23

^^^Neato 👍

joshvegas
    Free Member

I made a little sick in my mouth when kayak typed “neato”

Sandwich

Date & Black Pepper Brownies a recipe from the Guardian last weekend. Second recipe on the linked page.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Loving rewelding bikes still. Here’s a bike that was shortened and steepened. I’m looking for something cool to do this to. I really want to find an old super bling frame to weld a 44mm headtube to the front of. I want to commit total sacrilege. Anyone on here got something?

[/url]

kayak23

I made a Character Oak Wardrobe with a decorative nail design to the doors.

You could hide inside it well easy!

Also did a time lapse movie of the nail technique.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

[/url]

Fixed a REALLY well used bianchi frame today.

thenorthwind

The actual last thing I made was a very quickly whittled handle for the brush from the garage since it snapped:
    2021-05-19-18-25-54

But some more significant recent projects I’ve finished (I find finishing stuff way harder than starting stuff – sure I’m not the only one)…

Made a toybox for my niece out of oak flooring (it was the only sensible way I could find of buying the right thickness oak, but worked out pretty well in the end):
    https://www.instagram.com/p/COqRkWohcnH

Edit: does Instagram not embed anymore?

Also made her a spoon from a dead branch I cut off the apple tree in the garden:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/COQoi43hFKF

kiwijohn

shelf
    Made some shelves

kayak23

That’s cool @kiwijohn 👌

jam-bo

phase 1 of project understairs complete. When you live in a house like this you have to make your own square edges…

im not giving up the day job…

bearnecessities

Due to scope creep on the house size it’s a bit Hugh Jackman in the leg department, so will replace them, but otherwise I’m quite pleased with this!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

To sell stuff at a market without paying £40 a day for a market stand you simply need a £12.25 per year pedlars certificate and a Pedlars Cart. Here is my Pedlars Cart with Superstar Components wheel and carbon forks which I am sure led to a sale on my very first trip out with it.

#

Mowgli
    Free Member

Not so much made, but scrubbed all the rust and grime off and made a filthy mess on the polishing wheel:

It’s a BHI Lo-vo Lite machinists lamp. Apparently quite rare and sought-after by lamp enthusiasts, it turns out.

erictwinge
    Free Member

Have not made anything yet but i wanted some advice from you experts if thats ok…

kids really want a rope swing in the garden, trouble is we have no trees with suitable branches.

as such we have selected one that goes up in a Y shape like a catapult… im thinking i will fix a horizontal bar to each trunk with a cantilever poking out where i can hang the swing… fag packet sketch below.

my question is; what would you use as the horizontal bar and how would you fix it to the tree?

was hoping to use existing materials, we have plenty of timber knocking about but also a couple of old scaffold poles, was thinking if i could fix two brackets to the tree, then use the pole coupled at each bracket…? any advice welcome..

martin_t
    Free Member

…mmmm. I think that is unlikely to work without breaking/damaging the tree.

The only way I can think that might perhaps works would be to have two horizontal bars e.g. 4″x4″ clamped either side of the boughs. These could be cut-in to match the profile of the bough and then maybe lined with a bit of neoprene to protect the tree. Not quite sure what will happen as the tree grows.

erictwinge
    Free Member

yeah not really given any consideration to the tree. wonder if i could rope lash it to the boughs?

johndoh
    Free Member

my question is; what would you use as the horizontal bar and how would you fix it to the tree?

wonder if i could rope lash it to the boughs?

I’d be looking at how GoApe protect trees (struggled to find anything decent with a quick Google though)

Murray

I wouldn’t want to cantilever that, I’d add an upside down V at the free end. Or buy or build a swing.

joshvegas
    Free Member

how about just building a swing through the gap?

pole either side horizontal bar throught he V. you could even make wee platform etc while remaining detached from the tree.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,321 through 3,360 (of 4,483 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.