• This topic has 4,407 replies, 728 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by kayak23.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,361 through 3,400 (of 4,408 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • Murray

I wanted a chunky pen.

So I bought a second-hand mini lathe.

And watched a bunch of YouTube videos by Blondihacks, Clough42 etc.

And learned to turn, face, turn to a face, tap and thread with a die

And now I have a chunky pen

dyna-ti

Very nice, though I wasn’t expecting it to be all metal. Usually they’re wooden.

If you want to get into that gig, Axminster tools have a range of parts, mandrels and the like(A mystery to me) and a nice choice of stabilized timbers. including plastic, and one thats even made of coffee beans encapsulated in resin.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Tie elastic around the trunk of the tree.
    Tie the other end of the elastic around the children.
    Stand them next to each other by the tree and shout go.
    Who ever runs the furthest from the tree wins and gets a free horizontal bungee ride

chrishc777
    Free Member

I like the chunky pen

I made some AXS Reverb paddles for a couple mates, then loaded another mates AXS equipped bike into my van ready to go to Wales the following day. Over dinner I had an idea and ended up making the purple one and fitting it to his bike. He only saw it in Cwmcarn car park the next day, and I left his Rockshox paddle at home so he had to ride the whole weekend with it on

Childish I know but us kids found it funny

More paddles

Paddle

doris
    Free Member

i enjoy reading this thread and seeing every ones creations, most of the physical things i make are often all kinds of wonky looking serve there purpose but nothing pretty so i thought i’d contribute to this thread with this

Battlefield

not finished yet and definitely not made by just me! but a labour of love

martin_t
    Free Member

Hey Doris. Nice work you should be proud!

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’ll bite.

Doris what the hell did they have a quad bike on the roof for?!

Bit epic looking what we’re you responsible for?

doris
    Free Member

Doris what the hell did they have a quad bike on the roof for?!

so you can drive it off the roof into a helicopter!! :o) battlefield fans love the game because of all the crazy stuff you can do, record and upload to youtube.

My part of the game is Animation, on this project a bit of character stuff but mainly the cinematics, characters, facial animation, cameras, cinematography etc

Murray

@chrishc777 – very childish but very funny!

Rich_s

kids really want a rope swing in the garden, trouble is we have no trees with suitable branches

Saw your picture and immediately thought of this…

Tree swing

joshvegas
    Free Member

so you can drive it off the roof into a helicopter!! :o) battlefield fans love the game because of all the crazy stuff you can do, record and upload to youtube.

My part of the game is Animation, on this project a bit of character stuff but mainly the cinematics, characters, facial animation, cameras, cinematography etc

Good enough reasons I guess.

Every year or so I open 3DSmax to have a play and immediately realise I do not have the skills.

phil5556

Needed a pizza station, had some leftover wood down the sideway 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RaFqz6YCBVkaayqf6

I’m not any good at pottery but I enjoy it.

kayak23

Oak console table.
    Steam bent laminated legs and stretcher rail. Quite challenging to make but pretty happy with how it turned out.

joshvegas
    Free Member

We know kayak. Someone gave you your very own thread!

Looks lovely.

geck0

Fantastic table

Murray

Latest mini lathe project – headset tool. The bottom piece is threaded M12, the top drilled 12mm and tightened with the nut. The steps are 1″. 1.125″, 1.25″ 1.5″.

Now all I need is a bike that needs it’s headset bearings replaced. I will be retiring my trusty pieces of wood and hammer!

Retrodirect
    Free Member

A big-ass pile of aluminium boxes. I’m getting better at the alu tig. v. happy.

Murray

I’m intrigued. What are they, fuel tanks?

Retrodirect
    Free Member

for fancy signage. they’re getting powdercoated and have graphics going up on all sides then stuck atop big poles.

cynic-al
    Free Member

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xEPoVyuzcBZGq6WT8

Too late/beery to try to embed – wallet made from sticky labels off of teh beer cans.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

squirrelking
    Free Member

@murray maybe needs a thrust bearing to prevent binding but good effort!

@retrodirect
    micrometer depth gauge?

Retrodirect
    Free Member

that and the lasercut faceplate.

Murray

@retrodirect, the lasercut faceplate is very cool.

squirrelking
    Free Member

@retrodirect it looked like a sticker on my phone!

binners

Are we allowed to include things our mates have made? Theres some truly stunning woodworking on here – that table of Kayaks is an absolute work of art – so I thought I’d share this.

Its a chopping board I picked up from my mate Lee the other day. He does lovely one-off pieces. It’s oak and walnut and is a truly wonderful thing. I’m scared of using it!

If you’re interested you can check out his other stuff on Instagram @Woodshed_co

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I made this a while back for my mother but seeing Binners post above reminded me of it.

There is a little dip in the based to hold a pen that was exactly the width of the top of the clock. The base was slightly narrower so it was easier to pick up the pen. Mum wanted on her desk so she could make notes and record the times of conversations when she was working as an advisor and time of call was important.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

A couple of recent paintings. The Horses of the Camargue was a challenge from a friend because apparently horses and the sea are two of the hardest things to paint. The Needles in the Evening is the first of three I am working on. All the same shot of the needles but one in sunshine, one in clouded weather and one in full sunshine. The other two are still in early stages at the moment.

Murray

Very nice WCA

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Murray – paintings or clock?

Here are a set of paintings I did recently – from left to right and then to the table

First Sight
    First Night
    First Holiday
    First Baby

First picnic/fight/car/flight etc to follow once these are sold.

Sandwich

Dessert this evening, Tartes aux Cerises
    Tarte

ebygomm
    Free Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ8mBvTsJpW/?utm_medium=copy_link

A crochet duck, which Ada is now going to test to destruction 🙂

ebygomm
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2m9WiwU]PXL_20210705_130920738[/url] by Elizabeth Gomm, on Flickr

Murray

Poor crochet duck! Looks good for now though.

swanny853

Poor crochet duck!

The crochet dog is astoundingly impressive though.

somafunk

The duck bears a passing resemblance to Sajid Javid.

jamiemcf

I’ve not drawn for years, well this century Really. So turning 40 I asked my mum for a set of Derwent pastel pencils and I’ve had a few previous attempts. This was a starling I photographed from a bedroom window in the tree outside.
    A few attempts on standard pastel paper then I switched onto Clairefontaine Pastelmat.

Starling on Pastelmat

Ambrose

I had some paint and pallets lieing around

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2maANpF]DSC_0290[1][/url] by Ambrose Hearne, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2maw1cC]DSC_0295[1][/url] by Ambrose Hearne, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2maDBJ2]DSCPDC_0000_BURST20210710172457832[1][/url] by Ambrose Hearne, on Flickr

Ambrose

Oooh, I’ve just realised that you could triangulate and locate me. If you are coming over to hammer sausages into my dog can you cut the lawn first please?

Viewing 40 posts - 3,361 through 3,400 (of 4,408 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.