Viewing 40 posts - 3,241 through 3,280 (of 4,416 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • kayak23

That’s a cool lamp @nwmlarge
    What wheelsize is it though? 😃

nwmlarge
    Free Member

i think it’s a 26″ off the top of my head, was on a Saracen Ariel that I stacked it on at PORC and pringled, bent it straight a bit and put it to better use!

tenburner

Small 3d printed bracket for my front light. No real reason other than keeping a clutter free handlebar!

jonm81

I couldn’t find a frame bag in pink so made one.

dyna-ti

I do love to see folks made stuff, especially the 3D printed, real futuristic startrek replicator there. Think what you need and print it out. What a fascinating modern age this is.

Hopefully this will post(pic wise) Otherwise…
    Mantle is Bubinga(brown) and maple. 6 sided columns with inlaid maple stringing.

kayak23

Nice fire surround 👌

somafunk

Needs a log burner though……

kayak23

I made these hanging ply hearts for me bird for valentines, because you know what STW lovers out there, love is a many layered thing that lays itself upon us in many different directions but when bonded together, those layers become one, united and strong, and able to withstand anything for 5-10 years……Just like exterior plywood… 😉😂

Saccades
    Free Member

Not on a par with most in here but managed to make this for the missus.

Serious lack of suitable wood and dowels (and wood dye) locally so it’s a bit chunkier than I wanted but the missus can keep the remotes and her drink by herself.

joshvegas
    Free Member

scrap shelf

Emergency projector shelf for a lockdown cinema experience.

A good use for all the long offcuts of architrave from my right in the corner doors.

AdamT

I didn’t like the cheap plastic truss rod cover on my PRS SE guitar, so made one out of a laminate of zebrano and flamed maple veneers. Came out better than I expected to be honest.

prs

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve finished my 2nd attempt at making a putter:
    putter
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CKQyrd8lt1_/

sssimon
    Free Member

bench

kiwijohn

Some drunk fool fell on the laundry hamper & broke the legs. Luckily I could reuse the cross bars. A few oak staves used in a tank made red wine were used to make new ones. Lovely timber to work with.
    oak

TheBrick
    Free Member

At least the drunk foil didn’t piss in the laundry basket as well.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Surely if its to be washed anyway it doesn’t count?

kiwijohn

Technically.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

For my birthday someone recently offered to buy a special adjustable paint drying tray so when I leave my paintings to dry the paint doesn’t move. Seemed like a suitable gift for the bloke who has anything until I saw it was priced at £50+ !
    I made one instead with what I had lying around and shared the design with an Arts forum but thought I would post here as well.

jam-bo

Wanted to try out my new Kreg pocket hole jig and needed a new coffee table. had the remains of some old oak shelves so…

Needs a bit more sanding and finishing but does a job. Pocket hole jig is great, one of those tools you wish you’d found a lot earlier.

kayak23

Nice jam-bo. 👌
    Yeah the pocket hole jigs are really handy sometimes.

mahalo

I also made a desk. after outgrowing the mrs’ dressing table and the realisation that WFH may well be the future i decided to expand my workstation. zero skill involved compared to the efforts in this thread but pretty pleased with the results…

dmorts

Desk not quite big enough for the 3rd laptop though? 😀

mahalo

i have my work station – and my procrastination station 😀 there is occasionally a 3rd laptop tho!

geuben
    Free Member

Made a tray/coffee table add-on for our footstool.

White oak finished with osmo raw (took me two attempts to get the finish looking good).

(Please excuse the bare walls)

footstool tray

footstool tray

Mowgli
    Free Member

I made a small cable clamping widget for my dropper lever, as the new post uses the cable head instead of clamping it.

kayak23

Nice. Was that on a little lathe?

Mowgli
    Free Member

It was on a pretty big lathe, using a collect chuck to hold it.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

I made a laser alignment tool for validating the alignment of my homemade bike frame jig.It mounts on the bottombracket post and checks that the headtube/seattube cones are in plane.

I wanted it to be accurate to within 1mm at 1m from the BB for future cargobike builds. This meant that the laser needed to be within 0.06 degree perpendicularity of the BB shell. I was scratching my head thinking about precision machining (i’m just a hobbyist and can’t hold tolerances like that).

I ended up 3d printing the thing adding a bunch of adjustments using bolts and using the milling machine bed as a surface for aligning it. I fired the laser at the opposite wall and adjusted until it was within spec.

I’m really happy with this, I honestly didn’t think it would work.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Brilliant work there!

mick_r

Nice one – may steal that idea. I’ve always been concerned about my jig being out of whack. My old mtb was always a little out of line – easy to force back in the jig, but holding it by just the bb / axle / seatpost shows the front end is (probably) the culprit.

Nothing that can’t be solved with a hacksaw…… Rear triangle is being recycled into my new commuter-utility bike.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I made a baguette

Scottish crumpets

A quick and dirty tool shelf cabinet thing with no fixing or glue. Handcut dovetails in plywood i will not be doing again.

And currently there is a chorizo and canelli quesadillas in a pan.

Its been a busy morning

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Also this:

BigJohn

Looks a bit of a struggle to keep that thing going in a straight line.

Other than that – brilliant!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

“Spotted It”* was hung this morning and “Tree Woman”** has literally just been framed and hung this very hour.

* Look at the spots and can you see the hidden image?

** Need a better name for this one but have only just finished it

kimura54321

The dust extractor I was recommended on here made completing the replacement African Blackwood coffee machine flow control paddle a much more pleasant experience! 😂

Finished with a Stanley blade scraper and Danish oil. Had to JB weld the tapered cone insert into the handle as you can’t buy spare inserts for the spline size. Old SKs stainless mudguard stay was just right to pin it with.

natrix
    Free Member

Look at the spots and can you see the hidden image?

Afraid not, give us a clue????

Really like tree woman by the way

BigJohn

I can’t see the hidden image (unless it’s a coiled up bike chain) but I’ve never been able to see those magic eye images either.

BillMC
    WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

There is no hidden image in Spotted It, just my cruel way of making people stare and think more.

This one is now completed but I am not sure about it. I think the horizon should be lower down the picture so leaving it on the wall while I decide.

The rest are up for sale and will be on NickArtStuff.com when I get around to updating the site but feel free to PM me if you want one. The website should give you an idea of the prices and so make me an offer.

BillMC

I couldn’t recommend more highly the flow from bashing a bit of wood. Been on no courses and failed Art O-level.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,241 through 3,280 (of 4,416 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.