• This topic has 4,416 replies, 728 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by alishand.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,281 through 4,320 (of 4,417 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • @relapsed_mandalorian thanks! New garage doors (for mine, sorry) have been on my list for a few years now, so don’t hold your breath.

Haha, fair. I’ll get someone to make some in the new year, going to need a new frame fitting too. The wood is very old and hanging on just about.

dyna-ti

I do have a soft spot for a 131 Fiat as I had a Mirafiori Sport away back in ’83

My mate had one of those, maybe early/mid 80’s. Bright orange with two huge spotlamps on the front. Janspeed exhaust. He sold it to another mate, ended up with a Lancia Thema

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

First time I have made something from carbon fibre, other than a test square. The sills are not perfect but don’t show too much, which is why I chose them as the first part of the project. I will probably re-do them toawrds the end of the project once I actually know what I am doing.

squirrelking
    Free Member

@relapsed_mandalorian was gonna ask if yours was a girl, there’s a reason the unisex ones have elastic on the bottom. Learned that lesson when he was recovering from surgery in an old t-shirt.

@relapsed_mandalorian was gonna ask if yours was a girl, there’s a reason the unisex ones have elastic on the bottom. Learned that lesson when he was recovering from surgery in an old t-shirt.

She is so thankfully I don’t have to worry about a pee-cuff! The fleece is 4-way stretch so I could cut it a little tighter but I quite like the oversize look.

And another, this was a request of Ms. RM.

20231204_192605

joshvegas
    Free Member

You can make tug toys with the offcuts aswell !

joshvegas
    Free Member

@relapsed_mandalorian do you have a pattern?

Fleece lined waterproof smock added to her highnesses wardrobe. 

Right, that’s enough for the week! 

20231205_22151120231205_221514

I do, would you like it? I’ll upload it to Google drive tomorrow and DM you links to the files. 

kayak23

Just make the dog lie on its side on a big piece of paper, draw around it, then roll the dog over on its back to the other side and draw around that side. 👍

joshvegas
    Free Member

Harold might let you do that. Lola will start squirming and she will end up with a fleecy crop top.

thenorthwind

Just make the dog lie on its side on a big piece of paper, draw around it, then roll the dog over on its back to the other side and draw around that side. 👍

🤣

Would probably work with ours too! Then again lurchers spend so much time horizontal, there’s almost no point it having two sides.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Mrs SK may appreciate that as well!

Doubt Buttface would, he’s still in a huff because he ripped two claws off the other day 🙁

Sandwich

I’m late this year but puds and cakes are all done now. The house currently smell amazing.

redmex
    Free Member

Seeing the dog having to wear a jersey like that takes me back to primary school and having to wear something your maw knitted

Once out of sight it would be ripped off and hidden at the bottom of the bag before any of your pals saw you wearing it and looking like a pansy

Try knitting a jersey and getting a cat to wear it

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Try knitting a jersey and getting a cat to wear it

I should imagine it would be easier to get a Jersey and knit the cat

squirrelking
    Free Member

Given how thin skinned they are I don’t think they are going to complain, mine certainly doesn’t!

tjagain

This forum never ceases to amaze and amuse me.  We have relapsed mandalorian a tough talking straight shooting exmilitary chap making lovely fluffy coats for his dog.  Who woulda thunk it?  Its made me smile 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

tjagain
    This forum never ceases to amaze and amuse me. We have relapsed mandalorian a tough talking straight shooting exmilitary chap making lovely fluffy coats for his dog. Who woulda thunk it? Its made me smile 🙂

My dad worked with an engineer in Iraq many years ago. He had been SAS or SBS or somethingduring the war and into Aden. Will definitely have killed people with a knife type person.

Warm friendly guy. Ran a cat rescue place in Spain. Doted on them.

colp

I made a bifold door. Couldn’t find anything pre-made in the size and it needed to be 4 panel to match existing doors. It needed to be bifold as it opens into our kitchen at the side of a tall unit towards the island unit, we didn’t want it to encroach too much on the space between.

Made it out of 18mm softwood ply in the core with 9mm hardwood glued on each side to make 36mm. Hidden hinges in the centre and magnets to pull it together.

Hopefully the ply won’t warp over time. I didn’t think I could make it strong enough around the bifold any other way. It’ll probably need a 3rd hinge in the middle but they were £35 for a pack of 2!

Now I need to gloss the frame!

IMG_8499IMG_8498IMG_8500

sam_underhill

I know it’s not a patch on the work from the talent folk around here,  but this is my first piece of furniture.

Oak was salvaged from an old coffee table we had, so I resized it, refinished it and screwed on some hair pin legs and now it fits perfectly beside the sofa above my sub.

PXL_20231117_175928564

kayak23

Some Trivet things.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Pentvets surely?

Ambrose

DSC_0653

I’m going to embed this in the front garden tomorrow.

somafunk

I’m going to embed this in the front garden tomorrow.

A few chicken entrails strewn around will help ward off carol singers 

mc
    Free Member

A few chicken entrails strewn around will help ward off carol singers

Could maybe just make them into a circle to go for a pentacle?

dyna-ti

Made it out of 18mm softwood ply in the core with 9mm hardwood glued on each side to make 36mm. Hidden hinges in the centre and magnets to pull it together.

Hopefully the ply won’t warp over time. I didn’t think I could make it strong enough around the bifold any other way. It’ll probably need a 3rd hinge in the middle but they were £35 for a pack of 2!

Ebay is your friend here for a single hinge, just make sure its identical.

Fitting is a breeze too, as the weight and orientation is already dealt with by the upper and lower, the third will just pop in and not effect it any, just add strength.

A wee suggestion though. Where they meet in the middle on the outside. No need to try to get it to look flat and a single unit, a small chamfer along those leading edges helps hide the join by emphasizing it, but it also means when you paint it,theres less chance the paint with try to flake or chip off as paining sharp edges never really ends well.

I would even go so far as to run a small face moulding down them to compliment the moulding on the panels, again the trick is not to try to hide its two doors by trying to make it look like a single door.

And overall you’ve done really well and it looks fantastic.

The view out the door looks really good too with the tiled floor. I dont know how folk manage to do it. I mean Ive a nice tartan carpet, and original stripped doors, but when you look out into my hall,instead of it looking good like yours with the cool flooring, the matching sideboard and modern lighting, mine is a bike, a wheel or tyre or two, a morticing machine 😆

And don’t worry about warping, its not really anywhere damp. Plus all the hinges will hold it tight to shape.

Sandwich

@kayak23 TrustPilot commission? 5 stars would use again.

CountZero

Not really made anything much for a while, but I have a plan for a Pentatonic scale wind chime, in fact, I’ve got full instructions, which require 1” copper pipe. Now, as it happens, some kind soul left around 12’ of 1” copper pipe behind in my garden, when my new boiler was fitted. It’s quite nicely patinated now, as well, after two years left out in the open. I don’t have the tools and facilities for doing the woodworking part, but there’s a Men’s Shed about ten minutes along the road, so watch this space.

sam_underhill

Off cuts from the coffee table above, I made a little stand for my nest thermostat. Nothing fancy, just dowels and glue.

PXL_20231126_183924294

colp

@dyna-ti

Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of the chamfered edge. The hinges should have just allowed the edge to clear each other when opening the bifold but don’t quite. A chamfer will definitely help.

thenorthwind

Another part of our mini conservatory refurb… got rid of the useless wall lights and installed a 2 way ceiling rose and bought some fancy cord to get round the problem of hanging lights from a plastic ceiling.

But they still needed to be attached in a way that doesn’t look s***, and preferably without screwing into the plastic and whatever’s behind.

So I made these little blocks from a bit of beech (I think) board I had, by routing a slot in it, and then cutting plugs with a hole saw. I stuck them up with pads for attaching wing mirror glass, so hopefully they’ll withstand the fluctuations in temperature, etc.

20231209-111306

20231203-171416

20231209-111257

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I made someone happy

He wanted a picture of him and his Dad walking near Old Harrys Rocks but focussing on the scale of the sea, sky and landscape to show how small they feel when there.

tjagain

I made an apple pie – well actually two because I wasn’t sure which tin or method e would be best.  Both were yummy.

Photos only of remnants

20231209_234817

mboy
    Free Member

Made some nice wheels the other week… CK Boost hubs, Reverse Racing rims (not SC Reserve), mix of DT comp and DT revolution spokes, pro-lock nipples, nipple washers etc…

Currently sat waiting for me to finalise spoke tensions with tyres on and fit them to my eBike…

colp

@mboy there’s something particularly satisfying about building wheels. I’ve only done a few but they’ve lasted better than any OEM ones.

EddieFiola
    Free Member

Ive got back into making music, i gathered some friends and produced this: Id very much like people to share it.

stayhigh

@EddieFiola thanks for posting that, it’s a nice modern sound and enjoyed the B-sides metaphor.

kayak23

Some Trivet things

Made a couple more while I was in the zone.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Kayak – Are all the individual pieces for those stars the same?
    Do you just set up a jig to cut our a large batch and then pin them together as required?

Yes, I might be considering making a few if you don’t mind me pinching your design. I am thinking I don’t have enough clamps (who ever does) to glue them all so might use the nail gun to pin the corners more quickly.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,281 through 4,320 (of 4,417 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.