Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • What has barnes done to drive Fagus off this site?
  • retro83
    Free Member

I reckon Captain Flashheart, SFB and TJ in a room together would be great entertainment. I’ll pitch the idea to Channel 4.

Throw in glupton and you’re onto a winner I reckon.

cinnamon_girl

Nah, you’ve forgotton someone – RudeBoy 😆 😆 😆

BadlyWiredDog

‘ere, this room’s gonna be in London innit I spect, like, geezer ad nauseum 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m no geezer, I can assure you! Plus, I suspect that RB and I would see more eye to eye on a large number of things than you might imagine!

ChimpBoyBarnes, however….. 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

free the Fagus one!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

free the Fagus one!

um, his purdah is self-imposed…

lowey

Despite BWD’s (admittedly very funny) post, I do think that Fagus is a real loss. His knowledge of routes and willingness to help others with them will be missed I reckon.

C’mon Frank… sort it out and come back.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

His knowledge of routes and willingness to help others with them will be missed I reckon.

perhaps that’s the root of his problem ? It may be that he needs to be top dog, and resents the fact that I am similarly knowledgeable. Whatever his beef, it would be better for him to get in touch with me and sort it out. I’ve already said I’m happy to apologise and try to make amends.

Junkyard
    Free Member

no Simon your the Dadddy 😉
    EDIT: Fagus if you read this no offence intended only as a Joke etc
    I am sure you can tell the STW massive wish you would rejoin the fold
    My comments have not helped though So I apologise.Surely you and SfB can settle your difference or agree to not annoy each other or something?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

no Simon your the Dadddy

if you’ll forgive me for saying so Johnnie, if my guess was right, your remark would be less than helpful 🙁 I’m quite willing to concede that fagus knows far more than me about routes, and could hardly fail to be a nicer person

grumm
    Free Member

Wonder if I also played a part?

I jokingly said that I was thinking of coming along on the sunday ride, but that I’d better stay away as Fagus once got angry with me on here and called me a southerner. I’m sure that SofB did something much worse though. 😛

RudeBoy
    Free Member

MWAH! (Blows kiss at BadlyWiredDog)

Why does not in any way Fagus like SFB? Have they met, and had a fight or something? What’s going on?

Flashy, calling SFB ‘Chimpy’ is not very nice!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I used to act like fagus when i was 10yrs old. I used to grab my football and storm off home so no one could play.

Thing was i always ended up lonely sitting at home getting told off by my dad.

In the end i realised that rather than be a stupid little boy, i should learn to appreciate others and accept that i wont always agree with them. Once i realised this i found that i made a lot more friends and got to play with them so much more.

Fagus, you need to grow up.

hora
    Free Member

WTF?! Reminds me of the time – the only time before you all laugh 😉 ..that I bumped into someone out on a ride said hi, didnt like or dislike the chap and he said ‘oh its hora’ and ushered off some others a different way. I stopped and looked open-mouthed with ‘WTF’- the lad is about 35, but its the way he said it- in a really childish way.
    I don’t ‘get’ some people. Its a forum FFS- everything should be lighthearted or at the very least taken with a pinch of salt.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Why does not in any way Fagus like SFB? Have they met, and had a fight or something? What’s going on?

I wish I knew 🙁 I always tease people and take the rise out of them, and perhaps this really bugged him – or it may be the fact that I have no memory of him whatever – though he claims to have ridden with the club – and no one likes to be forgettable, do they ? I can’t see who benefits from him boycotting the site

BadlyWiredDog

MWAH! (Blows kiss at BadlyWiredDog)

SPLTTT! (Smacks Rudeboy in the gob in a very un-southern way)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Smacks Rudeboy in the gob in a very un-southern way

BWD’s shaky northern masculinity is threatened by such luvvy activities 🙁

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ah, that’s the beauty of the internet, eh? You can act in a way that you never would, in real life! Spose it helps to deal with frustrations and insecurities.

(Gives forgiveness to BWD, and prays for the salvation of his tortured soul…)

Want a hug?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’ll have a manly kiss RB, but no tongues right ?

BadlyWiredDog

Ah, that’s the beauty of the internet, eh? You can act in a way that you never would, in real life! Spose it helps to deal with frustrations and insecurities.

(Gives forgiveness to BWD, and prays for the salvation of his tortured soul…)

Want a hug?

So you’re saying in real life you’d not blow me a kiss then? Probably just as well since you’d still get a smack in the gob 🙂 I’m not really bothered by your frustrations and insecurities btw, have you considered counselling. For all our sakes, please.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

(Giggles)

Actually, knowing it would provoke such an angry reaction, I probbly would!

have you considered counselling

Well, it’s one way of making money, I spose.

Tell you what, I’d give you a nice STW members discount.

(Puckers up for SFB)

TortoiseOfDoom
    Free Member

Frank/Fagus has form for this kind of thing. He’s stropped off, or been booted off, a number of mountinbike websites. I think MTBBritain was his best strop to date. IIRC, that one was about attendance at a ride he’d organised.

markenduro
    Free Member

‘Why does not in any way Fagus like SFB? Have they met, and had a fight or something? What’s going on?’

It all started going downhill when Fagus found out SFB had been sneakily seeing other men on the side, then he moved out and they haven’t spoken since.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

have you considered counselling

you too BWD for your anger issues! A blown kiss is harmless innit?

Frank/Fagus has form for this kind of thing.

in which case he deserves our sympathy – it can be hard to break away from the mindset that makes you dependent on the casual actions of others 🙁

(Puckers up for SFB)

I’m beginning to think BWD had it right :o)

Peregrine
    Free Member

Having ridden with SFB many times in the past i could probably find plenty of faults/criticisms of the man, I’m sure he could say the same about me, however none that would stop me going on a ride where he is present.

thomthumb
    Free Member

perhaps he is particualy concious of his bum in lycra and doesn’t want sfb to be taking photo’s and posting them on t’internet! 😮

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’m sure he could say the same about me

well, I could if I knew who you were!

perhaps he is particualy concious of his bum in lycra and doesn’t want sfb to be taking photo’s and posting them on t’internet!

except that I’m happy to take down a photo of anyone at their request, without requiring a reason

CountZero

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This thread is one of the funniest I’ve read in some time! BWD, your post had me in stitches, I wish I could write as well as that. While SfB can be ‘difficult’ in print, as it were, I would jump at the chance to join a ride with him if I lived closer than I do, to take advantage of his knowledge of his home territory.

boxelder

“You wouldn’t let it lie….”

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You wouldn’t let it lie…

let’s face it, I can’t let anything lie :o)

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘What has barnes done to drive Fagus off this site?’ is closed to new replies.