Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • What has barnes done to drive Fagus off this site?
  • Jenga
    Free Member

Just been mailing fagus about some routes. In his reply he said that he’d now left here because of “Barnes’ recent antics”. I presume he means the Mouth of the Lune. So what’s been going on? Have I missed an argument?

glenh
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

Come on fagus mate. You can’t let sfb get to ya, surely!?

geoffj

smell_it
    Free Member

That’s brilliant! One of the funniest things I’ve read in ages. 😮

Jamie
    Free Member

DRAMA!

lowey

Mouth of Lune ?? Whats that about ?

I thinks its desperately sad that Fagus has chosen to leave. Surely things cant be that bad between grown men.

Junkyard
    Free Member

As a person on the ride no one was taking sides [we dont even know what the issue is TBH) we just wanted a STW get together to go for a ride.

SFB asked to go someone said yes and gave a lift Fagus objected sfb was sarcastic sfb went fagus did not some have contacted fagus before and after fagus is annoyed
    I do not know Fagus’s reasons.

I agree with Lowey as I thought it would be good that whatever we say to one another on this site we could at least all ride together.
    PS lowey are you riding Rivvy this weekend?

crikey
    Free Member

I thinks its desperately sad that Fagus has chosen to leave. Surely things cant be that bad between grown men.

I fear you may have made a fundamental error of judgement.

Smee
    Free Member

I can think of no better phrase in this instance than MTFU.

theboatman
    Free Member

Top Cyber bullying 😀

Strangely I agree with Glupton 😉

lowey

Junkyard… not sure yet mate… will let you know.

However, a few expressed an interest in an STW rivi ride last week, so was thinking about organising one in the next few weeks. Take in Rivi, Belmont, Darwen Tower, Great hill etc etc…. will post a thread in the enxt few days see if anyone is up for it.

ton

lowey, let me know when…. 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I did offer to bow out when fagus raised his objections, and I also tried to apologise for whatever he thought I had done to him (which I’m still not clear about). He claims to have come on several rides with the Bog Trotters but subsequently been excluded, though to my knowledge this has never happened to anyone. Of course, I am very apt to get people’s backs up, due to my naturally abrasive demeanour, but I don’t think I’m ever intentionally unpleasant.

I wish fagus would discuss the matter with me, but it seems his mind is set on shunning anything associated with me 🙁

the Mouth of the Lune

this seems quite a good name for me, given that I’m a gobshite living near the outfall of the river Lune in Lancaster 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

sounds like a plan Lowey what about Easter Friday?
    A local joke for local folk!!!!

Gary_M
    Free Member

did someone drop this?

lowey

Many years ago, I used to ride every good friday around rivi, but it just got too much… ended up pushing from Georges Lane to the pigeon tower.

Thinking of the 29th actually. Will post an interest thread in the next couple of days.

miketually
    Free Member

the Mouth of the Lune

lol

I’d assumed it was a typo, and meant the Month of the Lune – an allusion to the time of the month…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Will look out for your post

Gary_M
    Free Member

an allusion to the time of the month… sfb has periods, I wouldn’t like to be around him when that happens.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

sfb has periods

I don’t think it was I that was supposed to be having them…

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well I read that ride post again and SFB seemed pretty reasonable, offering to not go on the ride in his defence.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Bizarre.

yoshimi

Shame……. 🙁
    Ride was most enjoyable tho – Lowey, I’ll be up for that 😀

andywhit
    Free Member

>Well I read that ride post again and SFB seemed pretty reasonable, offering to not go on the ride in his defence.

Who was going to say “na SFB, don’t come” ?

If I’d expressed interest in turning up on a ride and then the organiser made it clear that my presence wasn’t welcome then I’d not go even though I might not understand the reasoning.

But that’s me 🙂

ton

simon, you are about as abrasive as a newly washed babies nappy… 😀

but seriously, i offered to pick simon up, which i did. i found him ok.
    i have rode with fagus, who i found ok too.
    i can see no problem whatsoever.
    simon did not try to hijack the ride, if he had of done me, dejay and fatgit would have put him right. 😀

BadlyWiredDog

I thinks its desperately sad that Fagus has chosen to leave.

Undoubtedly one of the saddest things I’ve heard about in years. Right now I’m pretty much inconsolable. It’s a little like Diana dying only worse because, well, I feel like Fagus was a friend to all of us. Someone we might only have read about on the forum, but almost more than family for that reason. I don’t mind admitting that I cried real manly tears over his departure, more tears in fact than when Aunt Theresa was caught up in a hay bailer.

I think it would be fitting to hold a forum silence of, say, ten minutes from six o’clock tonight when we can stop posting and sit, fingers poised above keyboards, and think about what Fagus means to us all.

As for simonfbarnes, well, I think it’s time for him to reflect seriously on his behaviour and maybe consider changing his ways before he causes more tragedy amongst us.

Thank you.

ton

😆 not nice….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and then the organiser made it clear that my presence wasn’t welcome then I’d not go even though I might not understand the reasoning.

yes, me too, except that he subsequently said that he wasn’t going anyway because “my ghost would haunt the ride” (or something like). Since the damage was already done, there was no reason left not to go 🙁

simon did not try to hijack the ride, if he had of done me, dejay and fatgit would have put him right

that’s not exactly right, I did influence the route slightly, and led the way along a couple of cheeky bits

ken_shields
    Free Member

BWD…….very funny….made me snigger and cheered me up for my drive down the M6 😆

ton

for exactley 100yds….

BadlyWiredDog

BWD…….very funny….made me snigger and cheered me up for my drive down the M6 [:lol:]

This is my stern look 😐 I really, really hope that you’re not making light of this. I’ve just fielded a call from Elton John who asked if he could release a specially adapted version of Can’t Get Over Losing You with customised lyrics.

It seems kind of appropriate, so on behalf of the forum as a whole and in our shared grief, I acquiesced – I’ve been taking tablets for it, but it still happens occasionally I’m afraid. God bless you Fagus.

Pook

Perhaps there should be a Fagus memorial ride?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Perhaps there should be a Fagus memorial ride?

the poor man hasn’t actually died! For all we know this may be a well-considered decision to move on to more productive activities…

redthunder
    Free Member
    smell_it
    Free Member

It appears news of our loss has spread;

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

For what its worth SFB can be an argumentative so and so {imo}but he is rarely dull. On the thread in question he offered not to tag along if his presence would stop others going. I am sure that was meant genuinely.

If Fagus chose to spit the dummy thats his issue – SFB made gave him the choice in a spirit of generosity.

One day I’ll meet the famous (infamous???) SFB – could be interesting and I’m not at all sure if dummys would be spat or not as I disagree with him on many issues – but I look forward to that day all the same

crazy-legs

but I look forward to that day all the same

I reckon Captain Flashheart, SFB and TJ in a room together would be great entertainment. 🙂 I’ll pitch the idea to Channel 4.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Like it crazylegs! First debate would be what to drink. that might take a while

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

First debate would be what to drink

only if you try to choose for me:-)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘What has barnes done to drive Fagus off this site?’ is closed to new replies.