Home Forums Bike Forum What ‘Fit and Forget’ XC Fork?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What ‘Fit and Forget’ XC Fork?
  • abingham

Looking increasingly likely I’ll pull the trigger on a new Beady Little Eye from Starling, so doing the build in my head.

Rear travel is 90mm so looking at options for a 100mm-120mm XCish fork. I’m not a tinkerer so want ‘fit and forget’. There’s a coil Cane Creek Helm Mk2 that Joe and the team have which could be included at 120mm, which would suit the bill – anything else I should be looking at?

nixie

A coil is not the first thing that comes to mind when you say xc fork!

abingham

True, but I really do mean ‘not a tinkerer’ so I’ll take a small weight penalty for lack of faff!

cakeandcheese

I’d argue that there’s no such thing – just more or less maintenance intensive.

And since they’re all much of a muchness for maintenance (practically if not by the official guidelines) then I’d go for whatever is easiest to service or have serviced.

Therefore I’d recommend a SID with a 35mm chassis. You’ll find seals and parts for them everywhere for ever because of the shared 35mm hardware with Pikes and Lyriks.

qwerty
    Free Member

Pike @ 120mm + an annual service

@ 100mm your looking at a 32mm stanchioned SID which I’d avoid

nixie

Damper still needs to be serviced and you still need to do lowers service so very little difference there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.