Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • What does you bike really weigh???
  • njee20
    Free Member

21.5lbs with Mud X tyres, weighed on the same scales/stand as Daffy’s, which IME seems pretty accurate.

flamejob
    Free Member

SBC Pitch: 30lb (at the moment, its about to get lighter)
    Flameboy:28lb (Ti-Rohloff hardtail)
    Ti Brompton: 23lb

Weighed on a fishing scale.

solamanda
    Free Member

Trance, 30lbs.

Nicolai UFO, 42-44lb depending on tyres.

Dialled bikes holeshot around 32lbs.

fwb2006
    Free Member

XL yeti 575, 27.6 lbs

enfht
    Free Member

Interesting post, most bike racks are limited to around 15kgs (33Lbs) per bike, so I guess some people are overloading their racks without realising which would make them liable if the racks fails halfway up the motorway.

I_Ache
    Free Member

With my cheapo Fleabay fishing scales that Im assuming are relatively accurate because its not rocket science is it?

The one on the left is about 29.5 and the one on the right is 35ish. Extra points go to who can guess where the photo was taken yesterday. It also shows that I do actually get out and ride my bike occasionally.

onandon
    Free Member

…….deleted ….

aracer
    Free Member

It also shows that I do actually get out and ride my bike occasionally.

Not exactly. You’ve got 2 bikes without a speck of dirt on either – seems more likely you drove them both there for the photoshoot (or it’s right outside your front door) 😈

edd

As a guess my bike (a steel Deluxe hardtail) is about 27 lbs depending on what tyres/ pedals I’m using.

stumpy01

I_Ache, that’s the bridge over one of the rivers at Coed Y Brenin?? Can’t remember what trail.

My 01 Stumpy FSR weighed ~29lbs on hanging type scales with my arm wobbling.
    That was with Lumi twin halogens and endurance battery (which is about 1.5lbs), front and rear Crud guards and Conti Edge winter tyres.
    I could easily bring the weight down from the saddle, seatpost, headset, wheels etc. but am not really bothered and can’t justify it financially.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Cannondale Rush (aluminium) size large 26lb.

I_Ache
    Free Member

aracer thats a good point but I can assure we had done a couple of miles riding by that point.

stumpy your right its the first bridge on the MBR.

Looks like I have shopped that to make my bike look really bright but thats just how it is. Much better than the grungy 5.

boybiskit
    Free Member

ooh. Like this question because…. Litech frame came in at 3.3lb before it went off for its respray. With my shiny new reba teams, bonty wheels and half decent finishing kit it should come out as a nice comfy chuckable 25ish lb beast 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

Kona Kula Deluxe 2007 = 11.9 Kilo’s (26.23 lbs) (Small Frame)

There are a few upgrades from standard, but nothing that really changes the weight too much.

orangeboy
    Free Member

my spesh sx (2003) is 31.5 lb fox 36 and some cheap finninsh kit
    orange vitt just 20.8 lb

unsponsored
    Free Member

I have an 07 Heckler in large. Annodized (that could make a difference compared to powdercoat) with a set of lyriks (coil u turn), DHX 5 coil with ti spring. XT/X9 kit. Thomson stem and post. Super wide bars and code brakes 8″ disls on ex729/hope pro II wheels 2.5 tyres and DH tubes. Weighs in at 30lbs, using

SlowJohn
    Free Member

pace 405 28.5 lbs wouldnt really want it mush lighter although i could still lose a lot from the wheels maybe go tubeless

spooky_b329

Medium Yeti 575 with the carbon seatstays, Revs, XT, Mavic 618’s, Bonty Jones ACX and a fair bit of dried on mud: 27.4lbs

EdwardH

My Patriot is 38 lbs with 2.4 maxis advantage tires, lyric coil forks, XT group set and hope wheel brake set, my 456 is 31 lbs with 2.1 conti diesel tires and magura durin fork, magura louise brakes, mixture of X0 and X9 with middleburn cranks and rings. I can survive just as big and long a day on both, unless there is lots of very steep techy climbing, then I last longer on the 456. Which I put down to the differing geometry of both bikes.

However……. considering that my camelback, filled for a long day with tool kit, spare inner tube, 2 or 3 snack bars plus sarnies, pump and shock pump, 2 or 3 litres of water and camera weighs at least 9 lbs, and add my 195 lbs then I feel the difference is moot.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Dialled PA- 29lbs on bathroom scales

Merlin Malt1 singlespeed – 25lbs

rs
    Free Member

I just stripped my Enduro frame in preparation for my alpine arriving figured it would be a good opportunity to weigh everything on the digital kitchen scales so for anyone thats interested, this is what all these bits weigh. Its all pretty good kit and there’s not really anywhere I want to go much lighter. (formating doesn’t work too well everything is in nice neat columns in the edit window, bah!)

Frame Dialled Bikes Alpine (guess for now) 2500g 5.51lbs
    Fork Rock Shox Pike 426 2435 5.37
    Headset ??? 200 0.44
    Saddle SDG Bel Air Titanium 284 0.63
    Seatpost Chromag Minimalist 27.2 x 410 240 0.53
    Seat Collar Chromag Brass 80 0.18
    Handlebar Sunline V1 277 0.61
    Stem Thomson Elite X4 176 0.39
    Grips Lock-on with straitline end caps 128 0.28
    Pedals DMR V12 Mag 444 0.98
    Bottom Bracket Hone 96 0.21
    Cranks Hone Non-Drive Side Crank Arm 228 0.50
    Cranks Hone Drive Side Crank Arm 395 0.87
    Cranks Hone Middle Ring 43 0.09
    Cranks Straitline Bash Guard 123 0.27
    Cranks 4 Crank Bolts 12 0.03
    Chain SRAM PC 971 286 0.63
    cassette Shimano XT 295 0.65
    Rear Mech SRAM X9 235 0.52
    Rear Shifter SRAM X7 200 0.44
    front wheel Sun SOS Rim on Spesh Stout 20mm Hub 942 2.08
    front tire Maxxis High Roller 2.35 ST 830 1.83
    front tube ???? 200 0.44
    front rotor Aztec 203mm 200 0.44
    rear wheel Sun SOS Rim on Shimano Hub 1150 2.54
    rear tire Maxxis High Roller 2.35 ST 830 1.83
    rear tube ???? 200 0.44
    rear rotor Aztec 203mm 200 0.44
    Front Brake Avid Juicy 3 260 0.57
    Rear Brake Avid Juicy 3 335 0.74
    Whole Bike 13824 30.48

spreadsheet here
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pARYVlzv7VbFYhtYumz1Lcw

zaskar
    Free Member

21 lbs in race mode (717wheels 1.95 tyres etc)

22-23 lbs trail fat tyre mode and hell of a lot more comfortable.

2 separate LBS’s weighed it.

Carbon and full XTR.

Did it make a difference? hell no. Did it make me enjoy or go faster? Nope!

What did? me getting fit and losing 20kg of fat from riding my heavy road bike.

Building a 28 lbs heavy old single speed. -It’s fun handling frame! If I was really worriefd about weight I’d buy another carbon Zaskar etc.

I’d rather ride a Genesis or Kona Extreme Cro mo just for the ride quality.

So best weight weenie was not to be a fat b&stard. Now I’m a slim b&stard.

Pass me some apple pie-it’s my fetish/kryptonite 😈

twohats
    Free Member

My “over biked” Nomad 32.5lbs, which seems the same or only slightly heavier than some peoples “under biked” hardtails, hmmm…

Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘What does you bike really weigh???’ is closed to new replies.