Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What can I do about a missing ParcelForce parcel?
  • Premier Icon Daffy

ParcelFarce say they delivered it to a neighbour at #1 with the name of S Mohamed, but they’ve been been spectacularly unhelpful in finding it.

I sent this on a 24h service and they may well have lost me £350…

Does anyone know any special tricks for this kind of thing?

It’s (maybe) in London N7 9GY if that makes any difference.

The recipient #2 says they didn’t even get a slip nor is it with their neighbour…am I totally screwed?

Premier Icon devash
    Free Member

Did you send it fully insured? If not then you’re screwed.

If you did insure it for the full value, you put a claim in with them for a lost item. They will spend months arguing that it isn’t lost, to which you have to respond with firm but fair threats of legal action. Eventually they will relent and pay out.

This is from personal experience with both Parcel Farce and Royal Fail. Your contract is with them to deliver it to the supplied address. If they admit they delivered it to another address then by their own terms and conditions they don’t have a leg to stand on if it goes missing. However, they can deny a payout for the full value of the item if you didn’t insure it with them for that amount.

Premier Icon kerley
    Free Member

If they admit they delivered it to another address then by their own terms and conditions they don’t have a leg to stand on if it goes missing.

Agree, they need a signature from the person/house it is sent to. If the person is not in they should take it back to the depot leaving a slip.
    Not sure if a person can have a backup address/neghbour listed though? Used to be able to do that for Royal Mail for example.

Premier Icon Daffy

The parcel is fully insured, but it’s a real shame to have something somewhat unique (and of value) just lost because the driver can’t remember where (or even if) he delivered it?

How can anyone be so slap dash and be happy with the work they do? I just don’t get it.

I don’t seem to have any way to force PF to actively search for the package. They say that when the driver records the “neighbours” name (why not the **** address?!? Surely that’s more pertinent than a name?) it geolocates the device at the time of recording, but will NOT release this reference to me.

Premier Icon andrewh
    Free Member

it geolocates the device at the time of recording, but will NOT release this reference to me.

Does this count as information they hold about you? GDPR days they have to show you all the info they hold about you if you ask for it, Subect Access Request I think it’s called. I would start by playinggthat angle

Premier Icon poly
    Free Member

Daffy,

Are you the recipient or the sender? IME couriers only want to deal with the sender (their customer) despite it often making sense for them to deal with the person who can say “oh you delivered it to no 12 smith ave, not 12 smith rd – I’ll pop round and get it”.

There are better uses of police time but if someone seems to have stolen 300 quids worth of stuff… then it’s a crime…

Premier Icon poly
    Free Member

Andrewh, I’m not sure that you can argue you haven’t received a package and that the gps coordinates where the package was sent to are your personal data!

Premier Icon Daffy

I’m the sender. The recipient have also been talking to PF.

Premier Icon onehundredthidiot

Has the recipient got an “alternative address” or “safe place” set up? If so then as part of that they have agreed to it being on their head if something goes wrong. If it’s been delivered to a neighbour then a card should have been left. I thought the new devices RM (I know different to PF) tracked everything.

Premier Icon jonnyboi
    Free Member

OP are you dealing with customer service or have you actually commenced the process to log a claim for a lost/non delivered parcel. If not the latter I would contact them to kick that off as it may help concentrate their efforts a bit more, especially as you are fully insured.

Premier Icon WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

What can I do about a missing ParcelForce parcel?

In my experience Sweet F All.

I sent a framed painting to a fellow STWer and it was hit on the side so hard it split the wood of the frame as well as shattering the glass. ParcelForce response was ‘It was undamaged when delivered, the recipient must have broken it while opening the package. This was after their 24hr delivery took almost a week

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.