Viewing 27 posts - 201 through 227 (of 227 total)
  • What are folk listed to musically at the moment?
  • metalheart
    Free Member

NewJeans:

Bad Bunny & Bomba Estéreo:

Sasami:

Sofi Tukker:

Horsegirl:

roger_mellie

I blimmin love a bit of Shazam to follow up on music from films and TV that I’d otherwise never hear in full. From the Robert Downey Jr Netflix documentary (Sn.):

desperatebicycle

Always good when YouTube turns up old favorites.

Don’t get it

chewkw
    Free Member

Loads of minimal bass stuff like …

Space 92 – Phobos is good.
    Joyhouser
    Alex Stein
    Reiner Zonneveld – Black Sun is good.
    Hell Driver
    Adorius FR
    Amelie Lens
    Deniz Bul
    Javiis
    Konfusia
    Charlotte de Witte
    Tim Taste
    etc

I now have 4 sets of ear buds … LOL! Latest acquisition is JLAB Go Air (£19 down from £29) which is surprisingly good.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

From the Basement sessions on YouTube. Here for example is Sonic Youth

theotherjonv

I saw a new band showcase last night, I only saw three bands (Ajimal, Dog Unit) both good in their own way, and then this lot Scrounge.

Can’t find much on video to link, apart from this which isn’t lyrically the most complex work, but for two people and one voice they made a terrific noise

and this

metalheart
    Free Member

@eddiebaby that takes me back, saw SY 3-5 times around/on the Daydream tour(s) The Sprawl definitely one my favourite tracks of that era (I was heavily in to the Whitey Album too).

You should check out the Horsegirl video I linked, they state that EVOL is probably the most important album for them as a band…

rOcKeTdOg

She makes war and her new persona, penfriend back catalogue

Japan, Gentlemen take polaroids on Lauren this week

Vox Rea – Julia

Chairlift – bruises

OMD – red frame/white light

I’m in love with a german film star – The passions

squirrelking
    Free Member

Motorhead / Girlschool / Headgirl

rOcKeTdOg

@swavis

Ghosts of Men – A two piece that I caught at the wee Jägermeister stage at Bloodstock earlier this year. Just brilliant! Great guys too.

really enjoying listening to Exhale, cheers!

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Go Romy!

chewkw
    Free Member

richardkennerley

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Winter vibes

choppersquad
    Free Member

^^^ Hybrid ‘Disappear Here’ is my favourite album of all time. Definitely worth a listen if anyone hasn’t heard it.

CheesybeanZ

Starting the day with a little bit of 70s
    Doobie Brothers

burntembers

Heres a selection of what I was listening to while having an unusually restful Sunday morning. YTMV

Unknown Mortal Orchestra – So Good At Being in Trouble
    LEISURE – Got It bad
    The California Honeydrops – Tumblin
    The Wonderfool, Super Sport – Long Way from Home
    The Pitter Pats – It Do Me Good
    The Skatalites – Garden Of Love
    The Marshall Tucker Band – Can’t you see
    Black Pumas – Know You Better
    Cass McCombs – Brighter!
    Sam Cooke – Bring It On Home To Me
    Paul Simon – Hearts and bones

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Hybrid ‘Disappear Here’ is my favourite album of all time. Definitely worth a listen if anyone hasn’t heard it.

Both Hybrid and Distinctive Records have pedigree. There was loads of ahead of it’s time stuff!

Wide Angle is a great album, Dreaming Your Dreams my favourite track.

metalheart
    Free Member

Last year the two YouTube clips I watched most was Olivia Rodrigo’s cover of Taylor Swift’s Cruel Summer (as I loved the stripped down simplicity of delivery; her at her keyboard in her living room) and Moraíto Chico doing a live Bulerías at some 80’s flamenco festival (amazing the power of one guitar and palmas).

This year the clip that has moved me in a similar way is from the Japanese movie Linda Linda Linda featuring Bae Doona (just finished watching Stranger season 1) so here is ‘Paranmaum’ doing their cover of the Bluehearts Linda Linda:

Also: retrying give the 5 (five) Sault albums that dropped recently a decent listen (but you know there’s five of them 🤪)

burntembers

Yes enjoy a bit of Sault in my life especially Angel

CheesybeanZ

Featuring a young paid by the hour session singer

EddieFiola
    Free Member

vd

Thanks Cheesy, forgotten how good that was. He did some great stuff early on. Always difficult to divorce from his later stuff and his personality.

Spotify delivered some Joan Armatrading including Down to Zero, as part of an algorithm starting with early Tom Waits. Not forgotten, but certainly under appreciated .

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of The Black Crowes and I reckon they would’ve done a fantastic job of covering that in their peak.

billabong987

Currently listening to,

Jinjer

Whiskey myers

Queen kona

Larkin poe

Electric callboy

Tech n9ne

Jinjer are first on the list for a very good reason. For those that have never heard of them give Pisces a listen.

desperatebicycle

https://hudsonmohawke.bandcamp.com/album/l-ecstasy

https://lusine.bandcamp.com/album/long-light

Don’t know anything aabout the guy Apashe and must admit it was the artwork that made me listen to the album “Antagonist”, but love the orchestral production on it.

vmgscot

Seemed to have drifted back to this years “holiday” road trip soundtrack – Charlie Crocket, Colter Wall, Sierra Ferrell, Kassi Valazza

Viewing 27 posts - 201 through 227 (of 227 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.