Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 227 total)
  • What are folk listed to musically at the moment?
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Been listening to a lot of Gabba recently. Gabba and Genesis… no idea why.

NJA

Watched jules Holland on breakfast TV this morning and instantly went to his new album Pianola it was excellent, well worth a listen.

thebees
    Free Member

Lots of 80’s electronica and also buying a fair bit of Plump DJ’s on vinyl. Supposed to be djing a new years eve house party but looking increasingly unlikely 😷

metalheart
    Free Member

This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine….

That and 4 organs… 🤷🏼‍♀️

colournoise

Having a bit of a flashback and listening to a lot of Placebo ATM. Not entirely of their time and properly underrated I think (especially in terms of lyrical concerns).

HUGE earworm with this right now.

desperatebicycle

I’m enjoying the free Lucky Me tracks this year. Especially the Hira and Jacques Greene ones.
    https://luckyme.bandcamp.com/album/luckyme-advent-calendar-21
    more to come, if you like wonky electronicky housey nonsense(y) 🙂

13thfloormonk

Most of my quality listening time these days is on the turbo trainer, so my tastes are adjusting accordingly, really enjoying Takkyu ishino’s mixes on YouTube.

Am looking forward to giving this one a run out soon, suspect I’ll be getting carried away and falling off rollers at approx 44 minutes in.

onehundredthidiot

Dave Grohl put out a playlist for some reason. Listening to that, good mix of stuff.

CountZero

Other than the random tracks I had playing earlier today, I’ve been listening to mostly Cara Dillon, having seen her play very recently. Not sure at the moment what I might listen to in a bit after I finish watching QI.

sirromj

Panic listening to Coldplay for the next 3 years.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Dave Grohl put out a playlist

Is there anything he can’t do?

np: Killing Joke – 2003.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Spotify threw this out this morning. Some old school jungle vibes which makes me wish I was 20 years younger and clubs were still cool.

CountZero

Panic listening to Coldplay for the next 3 years.

🤣👏🏻

BoardinBob

I suspect I’m late to the game here but I’ve just discovered Sam Fender. He really is fantastic, assuming you like Springsteen, Arcade Fire, The War on Drugs etc. Can actually perform live too and his band are superb.

Yak

Not really one for youthful music … but definitely loving Amyl and the Sniffers.
    Comfort To Me is an absolute monster from start to finish. I heard Hertz and then got stuck in.

CountZero

but definitely loving Amyl and the Sniffers

Absolutely! One to look out for live, I think.

BoardinBob

This has been on heavy repeat over Christmas

CheesybeanZ

Larkin Poe , especially their acoustic stuff
    Linda Perry / 4 Non Blondes

desperatebicycle

I’ve gone from Liars ‘The Apple Drop’ to…… Theatre of Hate ‘Westworld’. Giving the turntable a bit of a run.

CheesybeanZ

Still enjoying Larkin Poe – especially some of their acoustic covers .
    Had a Scorpions revisit today, listened to some of their stuff from 40 years ago 🤘

footflaps

Discovered a whole load of random 80s rock bands I missed out on first time round…

v7fmp

i’m a rock/metal fan and discovered these guys last week. Their album ‘Aftermath’ is absolutely splendid!

CheesybeanZ

Kaleo

theotherjonv

Khruangbin. The answer is Khruangbin

Pour a cold one, wait for the sun to set a bit more and just bliss out.

and one of them live, although sound quality isn’t as good they just ooze funk. Rumour has it that Donald the drummer was marooned on a desert island for 3 years, and when he was rescued he still knew the time to the exact second.

grimep
    Free Member
    stanfree
    Free Member

As I went to see Arab Strap last night and they were immense , It’s old Arab Strap. Falkirks finest.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Tool.

sirromj
    metalheart
    Free Member

The Linda Lindas:

Japanese Breakfast:

IU:

Frazey Ford:

metalheart
    Free Member

An old one…

Hania Rani:

She’s not for everyone (and she will pierce your heart….)

tomparkin
    burntembers

Today

Catbite – Call your bluff

DOPE LEMON – Rose pink cadillac

Pastel – Run Rabbit Run

The Clause – In my element

Sports team – Here it comes again

johnjn2000

Whatever is on Planet Rock + The Reytons, and the usual Frank Turner stuff

p7eaven
    Free Member

I was nodding off this year watching Glastonbury and then someone named Róisín Murphy busked onto the stage with a quartet of talented troubadours and proceeded to blow my mind with disturbing ease. I’d only ever heard a couple of songs by her along the way so was entirely unprepared. (SUPERLATIVE CURSING) what a beautifully bonkers, energising, commanding, warm and fun/ny performance! Reminded me of a wide range of artists from David Byrne to David Bowie from Grace Jones to Grace Slick, from Kate Bush to Eartha Kitt, from Devo to Diana Ross. Hard to believe I bypassed Moloko and Murphy the first time round, yet now eagerly mining the back-catalogue.

metalheart
    Free Member

@p7eaven: her guesting on HBMS The Truth has been a long time favourite of mine…

p7eaven
    Free Member

@metalheart nice – thnks. That voice 🫠. Now off down another tune-tunnel! I learned that Eddie Stevens (electronic musician/collaborator with Róisín Murphy) was also in Freak Power

‘Tune in Turn On, Cop Out‘ was a riding playlist highlight back in the day, along my long way round to now 📼💿👴🏻)

burntembers

Agree Roisin Murphy was a stand out performance from this years Glastonbury. Always liked some Moloko stuff

This came up in my suggestions today

Simple minded symphony – Mixed up

CheesybeanZ

desperatebicycle

rediscovered this from last year

after seeing them live, loving the Umlauts
    https://youtu.be/hw8g0wM7PfI

prob more representitive of their sound:

thols2

rediscovered this from last year

Always good when YouTube turns up old favorites.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 227 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.